Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:38 pm
didn't know.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:58 am
blah! i'mma gonna delete all those non-weapon related posts.

later, tho.

anyway, Cale, notice the blaster err.. Cale is usin in the SotF poster?

and here's the DLT-20C

User Image

try and guess what gun it's based off of. turns out there's already a star wars gun based off of it, called the DLT-20A,

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
so this is the DLT-20C, where "C" stands for "compact".  

Nospai Deathous

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:51 am
I know. its my back up gun. but it looks pretty cool as it is so don't change it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:37 pm
lol. glad you noticed ^_^

i won't change it.. i may draw a few extra lines on it cause i'm a perfectionist, but other than that, i won't change it. =)  

Nospai Deathous

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:06 pm
I really like how you got the glowing blue part.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:10 pm
Isn't that some kind of German WWII machinegun? Like an MG-40 or something?

I'm kind of thinking about Star Wars Weapons, and I'm wondering about how the next-generation weapons systems the Army is developing, how they've got integrated gun and grenade launchers, camera scopes (with helmet camera links) and high powered comlinks, etc...Those guns are already starting to look futuristic.  

HereticX

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:19 pm
Boba Fett, as well as some elite stormies have their weapons scomped linked to a targeting system displayed on the interior of their helmits, giving them superior accuracy.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:53 am
arguably. all star wars weapons with scopes have that ability, sans sniper rifles. and heretic, you're not too far off... but it's not the MG42, don't let the cooling-sleeved barrel of the DLT-20A fool you.  

Nospai Deathous

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:25 pm
HereticX
Isn't that some kind of German WWII machinegun? Like an MG-40 or something?

I'm kind of thinking about Star Wars Weapons, and I'm wondering about how the next-generation weapons systems the Army is developing, how they've got integrated gun and grenade launchers, camera scopes (with helmet camera links) and high powered comlinks, etc...Those guns are already starting to look futuristic.

Yes, its called the land warrior system. But My question is who wants to haul the 60 pounds of computer required to fire the gun? And what about your night vision?

Its a neat gadget, but I wouldn't trust it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:43 pm
Nospai Deathous
arguably. all star wars weapons with scopes have that ability, sans sniper rifles. and heretic, you're not too far off... but it's not the MG42, don't let the cooling-sleeved barrel of the DLT-20A fool you.

Ah. It was just a guess.

Wasn't the Land Warrior, most of it's computer gear for communications and tactics and such?
They're working on miniaturizing it, of course, the all of the equipment is hardened, I think.
I hear that one of the problems, though, is that the battery life is only about 20 hours. They're trying to improve that while still keeping the weight down.

Yeah, it is neat, but it still needs a lot of work.

So, they'd probably have something similar (only better biggrin ) in Star Wars.

Hah, in Shadowrun, they have smartlinked guns, which require brain surgery. They set up a cybernetic processor in your brain, and generally have contact pads in the hand and the grip of the gun. There are sensors (gyroscopic, camera, etc) in the gun, and the processor sets up a target on your vision of where the shot will likely go. And if your gun has settings (variable fire rates and such), you can switch them by thinking about it, and you can eject spent clips the same way.  

HereticX

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:57 pm
Satellite hookup, LCD screen for gps.. Really most of it is battery and camera. The other stuff really isn't that much. Its just the computer, camera, and battery take up about 70% of the thing... And its not even bulletproof, so If you get hit, your camera goes bye-bye, and s**t, you can't aim very well...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:51 pm
star wars weapons, guys... e.e

anyway, Nelo, no guesses?  

Nospai Deathous

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:51 pm
Nospai Deathous
star wars weapons, guys... e.e

anyway, Nelo, no guesses?

I don't feel like making one.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:00 pm
whats the question?  

Sol Walker
Crew

HereticX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:57 pm
Well, I don't know that much about guns...but I've got maybe another guess or two.

-Browning Automatic Rifle

And is it just me, of does the DLT-20C look like a Thomson with a scope?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff