Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 2
NANNIES >> Interesting things they've done Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why helloooo deers! I'm Mrs. Doubtfire, and I'm going to be your new nanneh! :o
  Oh noes! Run for the hills
View Results

Lilygwen

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:22 pm
I rarely use nannies but with the latest sim I was playing I didn't have a choise. My sims was working on nights so when she went to work her kid went to sleep and for some wierd reason every time the kid went to sleep the nanny came to her room and started to play the flipper game and the kid or course woke up. I had to remove the game from her room because she couldn't get any sleep. xd

Also the nanny seemed to have short term memory problems since she started to make omelet almost ten times before she finally got it done. She started doing it and after little while she went back to the pool for a swim. When she had swam few rounds she went back at making the food. I have to admit that I was tempted to take away the stairs to the pool but I resisted and the nanny made out of the house nicelly. xp  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:44 pm
I've never used a nanny for my sims. Though most, if not all, of my sim families are prosperous and wealthy, the mother or grandmother is usually a stay-at-home sim who is well able to take care of the kids. But after reading some of the experiences everyone seems to have upon hiring these nannies, I'm turned off from ever hiring one unless it's out of pure need for some humor and entertainment, since you have to admit, these nannies do seem funny, no? Definitely not Supernanny or Nanny 911 material...  

Princess Harmonia

Wami-Chan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:41 am
Always when I hire a nanny they leave the babys on the floor so they donĀ“t get any sleep stressed
And one time she pied on my floor

User Image
gonk scream sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:20 am
Most of my nannies have been just fine -- taking care of the baby just like she's supposed to. Two come to mind, though.

1. One of my current families is cursed with mean nannies. I think they've had four now, and I've had to fire all of them. Each nanny, as soon as an adult (either a resident or a townie) comes into the house, goes over to the person and starts poking and insulting them, and eventually arguing with them.

2. One time, I had a room with a dining table near the corner, so that two of the chairs were against the wall. A townie came over and sat in the very corner chair, and the nanny was next to her. The nanny got up from her chair and got glitched -- stuck so that she couldn't move, except turn a bit. She'd just stand there. Meanwhile, the townie couldn't get up from her chair -- she'd try, and then shrug.

Eventually, the townie died of starvation, and the nanny continued to stand there. A nanny statue, I guess.  

Strya

carma91

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:32 pm
I haven't really had any very bad nannies. Once a nanny was making some food, and she decided to go play pin ball and the stove caught fire. The parents did come home right at that time.

Also, when the toddler grew into a kid, I fired the nanny, but I didn't know if the kid could be at home by himself, so I phoned the nanny back. She said she'd be there, good, but when the parents left, no nanny came. I called back and the person just said that I did have a nanny. So she just didn't come.

In one house the nanny did this thing where she'd half make a meal, or after she fed the baby, she'd put the baby on the floor. She did pick him back up though.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:51 pm
Sarahsuke
Sometimes I wonder if Maxis made the Nannies stupid on purpose.

I'm pretty sure they did. Perhaps they intended to counter the Super Nanny TV show? Or perhaps it's their impression of "Behind the Scenes: Supernanny's Dark secrets revealed!"

CrimsonUmbrella
I don't have any new nanny gripes to put here, since I've experienced pretty much everything already listed. I do have a funny story involving nannies though. So I had this sim hire a nanny, and all was normal and I stopped paying attention. Sim comes home, all's well. The next day, my sim wouldn't go to work because the nanny didn't show up. I was like ???. So I hired another one. The same thing happened two more days in a row. This was getting annoying. Where in the world were my nannies going? All of a sudden, it hit. "Oh crap, I forgot about my COW PLANT!!!" As I had suspected, a handful of tombstones encircled my cow plant xd .

That... is AWESOME Thanks for sharing that. I now know what to do when I want to get rid of an irritating Nanny... heheheheheheheh *evil grin*

Beauty_of_words
I've had a nanny burn my kitchen, run into the kid's room, bring them into the kitchen, and watch them burn.

Ok, the others were all funny, but this is just like. WTF?!

Pocket Bunny Cupcakes

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:21 pm
x]

The nannies really annoy me.
On rare occasion though, they potty train my toddlers.
cool

I hate how they come like, an hour after you call for them.
gonk
I had a house with a child, who grew up to be a teenager.
Well my husband never had a job [lazy bum stare ] so I never needed a nanny.
Then I had a baby, and I forgot to call for a nanny.
gonk

I called for one like 10 sim minutes before my carpool came and I ended up missing work because my nanny showed up like an hour later.
gonk

-----

Senorita Retro

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:23 pm
Wami-Chan
Always when I hire a nanny they leave the babys on the floor so they donĀ“t get any sleep stressed

User Image
gonk scream sweatdrop

x]

Wow.
You have a really amazing house.
eek

-----

Senorita Retro

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Wami-Chan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:14 pm
Senorita Retro
Wami-Chan

User Image
gonk scream sweatdrop

x]

Wow.
You have a really amazing house.
eek

-----

Senorita Retro

Thanks whee 4laugh
You could say IĀ“m a perfectionist on a very high level sweatdrop
Or at least thatĀ“s what IĀ“m told xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:46 am
Beauty_of_words
I've had a nanny burn my kitchen, run into the kid's room, bring them into the kitchen, and watch them burn.

ROFLROFLROFL.
Thats so funny XD
I've had that before, but she killed the newborn baby AND both toddlers,
but I saved before I hired her. razz
Lucky enough Lol.  

fairy105

MarianasLlama

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:40 pm
All in parts and pieces, swim lonely, find your own way out.

Mine had an obsession with feeding the damn kid.

She gets a bottle, puts it by the toddler, goes off, gets another bottle, gives it to the toddler, gets another one....

She also likes trimming my shrubs...She will start cooking lobster, then leave to go trim my shrubs. But she won't finish trimming them, because she runs off to watch TV...

All while she lets my kid pay in the toilet....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:06 pm
One of my nannies let all the kids starve to death while I was on vacation crying  

Banthisaccount

MarianasLlama

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:59 pm
All in parts and pieces, swim lonely, find your own way out.

So a fcking Nanny showed up like, 10 minutes after they had their baby, when both parents were home...=|

She sat down, and broke their TV. And, other than that, ignored the child, and made the parents do all the work anyways, but I still payed for her >.>

The Sims 2

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff