Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
was sailor Uranus Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lesbian?
  yes
  no
View Results

Tsuki_Usagi_san

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:32 pm

Yes Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune are lesbians!!!
Although Sailor Pluto is thought to not be one there is no where when they say she is or isn't.
In the american one though they are cousins.
This started the whole America loosing rights to show Sailor Moon.
In the manga when they first meet Haruka no one know she's a girl they think she's a male race star dating a talented Violinist (Michiru).

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

At one point in the manga when Usagi finds out that Hakura in Sailor Uranus. She is waiting for Mamoru and Hakura shows up and flirts/kisses her. Usagi then asked if Haruka was a guy or girl. That proves the fact that at that point they did not know for sure if she was a guy or girl. Then Mamoru shows up and catches them kissing and freaks-this leads to a fight but thats another story.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:18 pm
i didn`t ask her  

Tsukiusada

zombiemoof

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:55 am
lol, No.

Neither Saturn or Pluto were lesbian,
but Neptune and Uranus were supposedly
together.

Pluto and Saturn didn't even like
the two at first, until they were reincarnated.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:08 pm
I think you mean Uranus and Neptune and yes, I believe they were lesbians.  

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

thatdrncat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:42 pm
Yeah, she was. In the original Japanese series, she and Sailor Neptune were lovers, not cousins like in the US version. They cut it and made them into cousins for obvious reasons when it was dubbed.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:54 pm
Yes in Japan, Uranus and Neptune are lesbians. As far as I know, they are the only ones, but if you even google Sailor Moon, you find it's all showing them as lesbians or some form of hentai.  

forestmaiden86

chibihotachan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:48 pm
I'm actually going to say no. Haruka and Michiru were in love but Michiru instigated everything. Before her, Haruka never liked another female nor has had her head turned by anyone else. The love between those two goes far beyond just lover, though they are that too, but if you're simply referring to whether or not there was a relasionship that was different then cousins, then yes  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:10 am
I'm almost inclined to agree with you... However, Rei was right... Michiru was, in fact, bisexual... Haruka, on the other hand, enjoys dressing like a guy and tricking other girls into thinking that she's a guy. usually, only lesbians do this.  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

chibihotachan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:42 am
It's hard to say. The cross dress really isn't a fair judge because it's not necessarily a lesbian thing. Another example of this would be Utena. I don't believe Utena was naturally attracted to woman, she dressed as a boy for other reasons.

With all the teasing that Michiru dishes out to poor Haruka, and Haruka's reaction it is obvious she is the one who is insecure in the relationship and what others think. It's just not as natural for her, whether it is just being in a relationship at all or being in one with another female I can't say for certain.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:59 am
i think it makes the anime and story of sailor moon more interesting to have two scouts together. and now Saturn was Rinis best friend so that wont happen to them its just not right.  

hacker01jimmy

Syndrama

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:25 pm
chibihotachan
It's hard to say. The cross dress really isn't a fair judge because it's not necessarily a lesbian thing. Another example of this would be Utena. I don't believe Utena was naturally attracted to woman, she dressed as a boy for other reasons.

With all the teasing that Michiru dishes out to poor Haruka, and Haruka's reaction it is obvious she is the one who is insecure in the relationship and what others think. It's just not as natural for her, whether it is just being in a relationship at all or being in one with another female I can't say for certain.

You're in a bit of denial there, Utena pretty much hinted she loved the princess and openly says she wants to be a prince. That's gender confusion, but it's also hints at bi/homosexuality.

Haruka and Michiru are a lesbian couple, Michiru actually instigates everything out of a control over Haruka's insatiable flirtations with other girls. She flirts lightly with Usagi constantly, giving her pet names and being more protective of her than any other girl aside from Michiru, even Chibi Usa (so don't say it's because she's the princess, that's Haruka's excuse).

You'll notice Haruka NEVER flirts with a man, either. There's even a scene in Stars where Michiru and the other senshi mutter about how Haruka doesn't like men. Especially popular men. Haruka takes the jesting in stride and acts upset by it, pretending they're claiming she's militant, but she still never flirts with any men.

They never showed enough of Haruka's background to say she 'never' ha her head turned by another girl before Michiru, so you can't claim that. They met a little over a year before meeting the inners.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:32 pm
I do agree, there isn't enough history of Haruka's charecter to say for certain. Personally I think she has a hard time with any affection seeming like she actually cares. I don't really think her teasing of Usagi is any different from Rei's or Mamoru's but I think it's more affection rather than attraction.

Utena wanted to be a prince because she was so in love and awe with the prince that saved her she wanted to be able to do that. She wanted to be the rescuer, the protector not the damsel in distress or the lost little girl she was when her parents died.

In real life, about half of the people who crossdress regularly are straight. It's not a defining charecteristic.  

chibihotachan

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:33 pm
Yeah, but we're not talking about Real life. We're talking about a world created from someone's imagination put to pen and paper. I think Haruka is a lesbian. Or at the very least Bi. She never shows the slightest interest in males other then competeing against them. She's always close to Michiru, they joke and there's lots of innudeo between the two.

She jealous when she sees Seiya in the dressing room with Michiru. Equally in SuperS the third comic, she also seems jealous about some random fanboy giving Michiru flowers.

As for her teasing Usagi- well, she kissed that girl on the lips in the manga. I think that kinda tells you right there...she isn't into guys.

She seems to show affection rather well amongst the outers and especially to Michiru. She's also shown with the same level of teasing to mostly girls. So there's nothing wrong with her Affection-showing-ness.

If anything she's headstrong, prepared to do anything for the mission even if it means death. She also is able to show the vunerable side of herself to Michiru and no one else.

She probably crossdresses more out of comfort. Skirts are just not her number one thing. However it doesn't mean she won't wear them.

In Stars manga she is also shown wearing the girls uniform and the boys as well.

All it does is add to the sense that she's very androgonous depending on her outfit.

So...it is shown through many peices of evidence that: Haruka, is a Lesbian and it would seem she's in love with Michiru who also returns those feelings.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:11 pm
I merely am using real life as an example for cross-dressing in the same way as I used Utena. It's hard for me to define her as a lesbian because I don't think she's interested in pursuing that type of relationship with a male or female except Michiru. She does not care for males, that much is certain.

I think she doesn't really have a problem showing affection, it's more I think she has a problem with other people pointing out that she is doing it.

It would be interesting to delve more into Haruka's past. I can't imagine her as ever having cared for someone before Michiru.  

chibihotachan

c. Alluvion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:19 am
Rush_Hardroc
Michiru was, in fact, bisexual...

Really? Where's that from?  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers