Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
What do your parents not let you to do with your appearance? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oterys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:20 pm
Well I don't live with my parents, but my mother feels the need to express her opinion anyway. She doesn't like my black lipstick or nail polish, she doesnt like my chains or black eyeliner. She also doesnt like the clothes I buy my sister, who lives with me. But she and I like alot of the same things and so why not buy her the stuff she likes; black t-shirts with skulls, pirates, and bands of our choosing? I don't think she even has the right to complain if I allow her to wear my lipstick and polish since she's wanting the girl to be ...well a GIRL. So what if she's dressed in solid black? But my mother likes brown. If its a shade of brown we can almost expect it to come our way. We aren't wearing brown! No brown all right, woman? So anyway that's basically the thing, and tattoos are unthinkable even though I have another sister who has several.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:40 pm
My parents really have no bearing on my life since I spend most of my time outside of their house...I'm throwing my stuff together because I'm moving soon, and then they'll have nothing but an opinion.
My father could care less, so long as my skirts are long enough to cover my arse, and my shoes don't put me over his height, but my mother is another matter. I've been waiting for a convenient moment to pierce my ears again and get the tattoo I've been drawing up because she decided the holes I have are sufficient, and someone with my history of illness isn't suited to have tattoos. Plus, she adds, they're just plain ugly, and what could I put on my body that would mean the same thing to me at her age?
My mother criticizes my makeup all the time: if it's too big, it's trashy, if it's too bright, it's tacky, if it's too dark, she just doesn't like it...Really, she just has it in her head that she can do makeup better than I can when in fact I'M the one with the professional license, not her.

...I needed to get that out...XD  

N.Ghost

Hrafnulfur

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:42 am
MY mom is just fine with the ways i dress my dad hates it but he respects my right to dress the way i want sooo, i wear mascara neither of them like that but they respect my choices they don't like them but they do respect them  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:00 pm
As long as my clothes aren't too revealing or offensive, they're okay. I'm even allowed to wear eye makeup to school, and a lot of things my friends' parents probably wouldn't let them wear.  

Freedom Fire

Where the 3 Rivers Meet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:25 pm
They don't like it when I dye my hair black, but they accept it now because everyone said it looked good on me.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:25 pm
ok for me i suppose its a little different...
im 20 buti still live at home (why move out when i get things for free hear?)

my mum and dad didnt really mind when i 'turned' goth
i wear what i like when i like

the only thing my mum wont let me wear is all those stupid tiny skirts that should really be belts

the reason, im not skinny (im not huge just not skinney) so its more to save me from embaresment

if i wat a tat or a periceing shes fine with it as long as i look after them so they dont go manky

my hair is my hair so if i want to dye it i can
its currently black(cosmic) with a purple strip in it
my sister dose my hair for me  

Gloomymort

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:35 pm
I've considered dying my hair black, mainly just to see what it would look like. It would just be temporary, something I could wash out in the shower. If I like it I might get something a little more permanent. I think my 'rents would be okay with it. They might be a little shocked, but I don't think they'd freak out too much.

Then again, I like my natural hair color. It's not very gothic, but it's pretty!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:27 pm
Anything I want.

They don't like it they'll have to rip it off of me.
3nodding

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

Mitsuko Muttosawa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:26 pm
Well...
My boyfriend doesn't like me wearing a lot of black, but, then, he's more of the jockish type.
He's been my best friend for years now, and we started dating.
My ex is a goth.
But, I'm allowed to wear semi-dark make-up.
Some black.
I love my Hot Topic pants though, the two pairs I do own.
They're baggy.
Yay baggy pants!
I got black shoes today!
Whee.
My mom was really leanyeant (No idea how to spell that,) about me wearing black while dating my ex.
But, yeah, he's got hulla sexy boots now.
I want them... >.<
I'm not allowed to wear safety pins.
Heavy black makeup, not allowed lip, tongue, or nose piercings, or belly button, no tattoos.
Not too much black for more than.. eh, twice, three times a week.
My ex wants to be like Dani Filth now, which kinda worries me.
But, not my problem I guess.
Oh well.
Yeah...
No collars, not allowed certain boots, and I LOVE boots.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:58 am
Any kind of make-up.
Excesive amounts of chains and spikes.

I dont mean Tripp pants, I dont want those, but I will get chains and safety pin them to my clothes.  

Al-aaraaf

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:25 am
Although I'm allowed to wear black lipstick, my parents don't like it. My mom once said it looks like my lips are bruised. I don't think it looks like that though, and I like the look! I wore black lipstick to the dance on Friday and I thought it looked really good! Then again, I'm weird.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:13 pm
They're always telling me that there's other colors to wear, but otherwise they're pretty lenient. Mostly my dad won't let me do stuff. I would have a tattoo, but my dad won't let me. Etc.  

Love.Your.Hate.

Orias13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:38 pm
My parents would not let me get my ear pierced; so I took a clarinet spring and did it myself; then promptly fainted on the bed....  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:20 am
my parents won't let me wear makeup til i'm 16, or unless it's a spiecal ocassion and they won't let me dye my hair any out ragous colors til i'm 16/17. and they try making me wear skirts....i hat skirts..unless i'm wearing shourts or pants underneith......oh and i'm not allowed to wear black nail polish on my fingure nails....no out ragous piercings until i'm 16/17  

[xluvbugx]

Goldburg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:59 am
My parents arn't overly bothered with what i choose to do, they respect that im my own person, and in return i respect there choices in life  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff