Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Who here actually READS anymore?(I do and I'm proud of it!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you? (I'm FORCING you to answer nicely!)
  Very fine thank you.
  Not very well I'm afraid.
View Results

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:37 am
I enjoy reading and do all the time. Especially when I'm inbetween classes and have nothing else to do.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:08 pm
I read lots of books.I go to the bookstore about twice every two weeks.I love the bookstore,though I wish the ones in my town updated their supplies more often. sweatdrop
I do it mostly a school when I'm done with everything.And I read at home when there's nothing to do.I love books about romance,fantsy, dark, mystery, and maybe alittle comedy too. ^-^
Books are fun to read.It's sad how most kids at school hate it now. sad  

1 Broken.Soul

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:11 pm
Angel Bruja
I enjoy reading and do all the time. Especially when I'm inbetween classes and have nothing else to do.

I do that a lot...sometimes when we're supposed to be doing physics and I understand it well, I'll either help other people or read.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:49 pm
I like reading,I mostly read manga/anime books.
But i do read other books. sweatdrop

chickajasmine

Elli go BOOM

Wheezing Saint

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Cleric 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:38 pm
I am probably one of the most geeky goths you will ever meet. I have stacks and stacks of books around my room that I have read many times over. Usually I have a hardcover floor because my stacks like to fall and cause me problems. All of my friends say that I'm a geek at heart and I'm just trying to disguise the geeky-ness with being gothic. But yes, I love books, and any kinds of reading. ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:16 pm
I have always loved reading. It is my goal to have my own small library by the time I move out. And Im also such a nerd, that I read my mom's psychology textbooks for fun. I have also already read all of our school textbooks. except the math book, because theres nothing really to read in there and I hate math.  

Katanas Blade

xCapnGx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:36 pm
I love to read. I'd go crazy if I didn't always have a book to read. Reading has always been my escape from the stress of life.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:28 pm
One day, I was talking to a goth, and he just sat down in mid-conversation and started reading his Edgar Allan Poe. Another girl swears by history.

I think in a way, it's very much part of the goth culture to be well-read and intellectual, in the ideology, the symbolism, the poetry... ^^ Well, not to generalize or anything.

I've recently started reading again: I've got a bag full of books wherever I go now.  

Myollnir

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:56 pm
Myollnir
One day, I was talking to a goth, and he just sat down in mid-conversation and started reading his Edgar Allan Poe. Another girl swears by history.

I think in a way, it's very much part of the goth culture to be well-read and intellectual, in the ideology, the symbolism, the poetry... ^^ Well, not to generalize or anything.

I've recently started reading again: I've got a bag full of books wherever I go now.

Once I made the mistake of buying a book on forensics and some Edgar Allan Poe in the same day. My mom got freaked out again...We read the Tell Tale Heart in class, of course I voluntered to read first.... rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:17 pm
razorblade6060
Seriouslly! Who really goes to the bookstore, gets a copy of "the red badge of courage" and reads anymore. I still do! The amount of people who go to the bookstore for something besides anime is dwindling...Anime is cool but try reading something else as well for a change.

While I have a topic started here, I would like to ask how many goths you know/meet that you would consider intelligent/"geeky" (read books, know about history, literature, science, don't hate school...) It seems like a lot of people these days just headbang to some metal band, wear black, and say they're goth. No. I'm sorry. Those qualities alone can't make you goth. Or at least "true goth". They should read up about goth a bit more.

Also, who here plays an instument? What do you play, for how long, and do you wright your own music?

I don't read stuff like "Red Badge of Courage". I read books from the library I like: fantasy, fiction, mystery. I'm still a student, but during Summer, I go to the library for hours on end each day. My favorite author is John Grisham, at the moment. Intelligent goths? Like two from my school. I've been playing guitar for almost a year, I'm on my sixth year of playing violin, and my eighth year of piano. Yes, I write my own music. Tabs are good and all, but I have an immense dislike for tabs. I prefer classical guitar to acoustic, acoustic to electric without distortion, and electric without distortion to electric with distortion. I mean, a little distortion now and then is cool. But then again, some people (even from some "good" bands) solo by playing three notes really fast over and over again. That's one of my pet peeves. Tell Tale Heart? I love that. I would volunteer first too! Haha, I'm also in the school's theater group so I would do it with a creepy voice. mrgreen  

Vampire-Elf of the Void

Stargazer Dante

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:24 pm
im a good reader and a lover of it.i dont hate school,i love learning things and all my friends there,just the teachers piss me off past the limit.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:36 pm
sashomeru78
im a good reader and a lover of it.i dont hate school,i love learning things and all my friends there,just the teachers piss me off past the limit.

I hate school, used to be fun but it lost [the fun] after you start taking AC classes. I went from a 4.0 to a 2.5. It sucks. The teachers always piss me off. Unfortunately, I can't pull off what my other friends can. For example, my friend's teacher told him to take off his headphones (big DJ type ones). He looked at the teacher and said, "Shutup." The teacher was like right.. and kept on teaching. I can't do that. I love learning, I hate school.  

Vampire-Elf of the Void

januaryfreeze92

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:26 pm
razorblade6060
Seriouslly! Who really goes to the bookstore, gets a copy of "the red badge of courage" and reads anymore. I still do! The amount of people who go to the bookstore for something besides anime is dwindling...Anime is cool but try reading something else as well for a change.

While I have a topic started here, I would like to ask how many goths you know/meet that you would consider intelligent/"geeky" (read books, know about history, literature, science, don't hate school...) It seems like a lot of people these days just headbang to some metal band, wear black, and say they're goth. No. I'm sorry. Those qualities alone can't make you goth. Or at least "true goth". They should read up about goth a bit more.

Also, who here plays an instument? What do you play, for how long, and do you wright your own music?

I don't think I'm exactly a true goth, although I do read, I do write, I love art, I act, I sing, I write my own music...

I used to be very much into gothic clothing and the lot. I was very lonely last year, when I joined this guild. So, not as much any more, but at least a bit. I have to admit, I think sadness is beautiful in an absurd way... But I truly do. Why is it your eyes are so beautiful when you cry? Why does the world seem to spiral away when you hit into depression and all you think about is the present? No need to answer, just thoughtful questions.

I do LOVE My Chemical Romance and Evanescence and I'm starting to get into Armor For Sleep. *turns up "teenagers" haha, I'm listening to The Blak Parade right now!*  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:06 am
I read. Not the read badge of courage, but like Dracula and the like (big fan of vampire literature).

My boyfriend, his best friend, my best friend, my 8 year old sister, and this guy i think of as a brother all play instraments. they are, in this order:

guitar,
drums,
flute,
Ukulele (i don't know, she's cool ,
and guitar.

Hel Daughter of Loki

Bribatmanjr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:56 am
i read alot not anime books though  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items