Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply _The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*
Daily Discussions: Your Not-So-Daily Discussion! (Updated!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:46 am
Quote:
Daily Discussion of August 19th, 2006

Would you ever use a magic to fix a break-up gone bad. Now, this term, break-up gone bad, can mean many things, so let me clairify.
If you broke up with someone, and you were pretty sure it was on good terms, but you wouldn't want to date them again... And then they ask you back out, and you say no, and they didn't understand why you wouldn't want to date them again... And got a little stalkery, and wouldn't leave you alone unless you said yes... Would you find or create a spell to make them leave you alone? Or would you wait till it got bad enough, and then go to the cops?
If you would cast a spell, what kind of spell would you use? One that would bring them someone to love, or that would bind them from hurting anyone? Let me know... Elaborate. Tell me more than just what I've asked. Go into detail.

Drawing upon my personal experience with these things, it's a big fat NO. In each of the experiences I've had, I've had no want to try and 'fix' things by magical means. Or, I suppose that depends on what you mean by fix, but your examples are not what I had in mind as I've never had any serious problems with your given scenario. Most of this is more personal than I'd like to share in a public space, but since my past relations have been more mature, they've simply dissovled and that's that. Most I've remained on good terms with and there's no need for anything. In other words, I don't end up with the kind of teenage-drama that in some eyes makes spellwork 'neccesary.'  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:49 pm
Quote:
If you broke up with someone, and you were pretty sure it was on good terms, but you wouldn't want to date them again... And then they ask you back out, and you say no, and they didn't understand why you wouldn't want to date them again... And got a little stalkery, and wouldn't leave you alone unless you said yes... Would you find or create a spell to make them leave you alone? Or would you wait till it got bad enough, and then go to the cops?

No I would not. I would prefer to handle it in a manner such as going to the cops, getting some friends to convince him to back off, and such. I believe magic is helpful, but would not be enough protection. It can influence, not completely change something, especially if the something is resistant.  

Aino Ailill

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:53 pm
Quote:
It seems defining the term "Pagan" just got a bit more difficult. How would you define what a "Pagan" is?

I stick with the dictionary definition. Any person not of the Christian, Jewish, or Islamic faith. However I realise many people do not use this definition and so I am not stuck on it, but if I use the term, it will be in this cotext (unless another has been previously used/defined.)  
_The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff