Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
You know you're addicted to crafting when....... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you addicted?
  Duh!
  Well maybe.....
  Not me, I can quit whenever I like.
View Results

gemini6184

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:24 pm
kochi~mochi
storyfromthestars
Blue-eyes-green
... you have a standing agreement with your professors/teachers that you can craft in class so long as you also participate in discussion

... you explain to your profs on the first day that it's not a sign of disrespect, you just think better with your hands moving.

I had that in High School, but I try not to in my college classes. I don't think the teachers would like it. Except maybe one or two...And those are the child development teachers that understand how people learn.

I'm the other way around. I always tried not to in my highschool classes, cause i only had one teacher who seemed like she'd be cool with it. In college, as long as i'm not taking notes, i'm working on a scarf.
the professor i knit the clapotis for encourages me to bring my projects to class xd i did it with my other night classes cuz i hate them, and i rarely take any notes so i needed something to keep me awake  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:18 pm
You know you're addicted to crafting when

...you and your roomie are the only two people to show up for the dorm program entitled "Paint your own picture frame"  

gemini6184

Silvander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:27 pm
Blue-eyes-green
... you have a standing agreement with your professors/teachers that you can craft in class so long as you also participate in discussion

... you explain to your profs on the first day that it's not a sign of disrespect, you just think better with your hands moving.

I don't normally take any crafts with me to school, because I only knit in the winter, and I actually had a friend smack in on the arm in class and tell me to stop because it was rude. I was flabbergasted. The teacher didn't care and I wasn't distracting anyone, and she took umbridge at me. I ignored her and continued. When I told her later that it helps keep me from daydreaming, she took it back, but it was certainly weird.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:48 pm
Silvander
Blue-eyes-green

I don't normally take any crafts with me to school, because I only knit in the winter, and I actually had a friend smack in on the arm in class and tell me to stop because it was rude. I was flabbergasted. The teacher didn't care and I wasn't distracting anyone, and she took umbridge at me. I ignored her and continued. When I told her later that it helps keep me from daydreaming, she took it back, but it was certainly weird.
... i've never heard of a friend having an issue with it in class. I've had somebody ask me if i'd mind not, since they got distracted by it, but....  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:37 pm
gemini6184
Jrocker Ali

......When your family members start offering you matterial and stuffing and other various crafting items because they know you'll have some sort of use for them
How bout when your boyfriends family does that? rofl

lol xd That's awesome! rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:00 pm
when you work at a craft store and are hording items in the stockroom for yourself to buy ...someday.  

peachkitten

peachkitten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:03 pm
when a customer at AC MOORE damages a bag or box of beads and instead of throwing out the beads and damaging out the item, you beg the manager to keep them yourself.( its great when the customers try to hide them and you find them later.)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:52 am
When your told you need to move 5 states away in less than three weeks, and your first thought is not finding an apartment, but instead, how to take all your sewing stuff, beads, and yarn. xd  

Silver Mist

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:23 am
Silver Mist
When your told you need to move 5 states away in less than three weeks, and your first thought is not finding an apartment, but instead, how to take all your sewing stuff, beads, and yarn. xd

Interesting...
Hmm......now you've got me currious...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:26 am
When you and your friend have a plan.
The plan is:
Me: When you get married, I'll make your dress.
Her: Okay. ^^ Then when you get married, I'll make the food for your wedding.
(She can cook and I can't, I can't even make ramen right, last time she and I ate ramen that I made, it tasted like old shoes. I can sew, and if I practice, one day I could probably make her wedding dress, lol)  

Chibi Kiku-chan

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:34 am
... When you're supposed to be packing up to move to another state but you keep finding UFOs that you just have to get finished NOW. redface  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:52 pm
When you're in the car and think that red lights and traffic jams are perfect for some extra knitting.

... And you're the driver.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

fashionista468

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:17 pm
you are at michaels and you tell your mom you are going to get a basket, and you come back with a cart full of yarn  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:47 pm
Knittergirl10
you are at michaels and you tell your mom you are going to get a basket, and you come back with a cart full of yarn

when you never pick up a basket because it means you buy everything that you want, not just what you really want.

You know how many skeins of what kinds of yarn you can hold with one arm, so you can still pick out more colors and things.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:22 pm
Knittergirl10

I think baskets are actually mind control devices to make us but more stuff.

Even when I'm at the grocery store, if I take a cart I end up buying three things. If I take a basket I can't even carry all my crap through the store >.<  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff