Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
The worse possible "txt-tlk" phrase? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uuchan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:37 am
Zareidriel
I don't mind 1337. I tend to speak in 1337 now and again myself. For example:

1331-1011), 1 51>331< ///1_1(1-1 1337. 5337.

I'd have to agree with Firesong. "u" is the worst.

I read the whole thread, found the translation... And I just don't see it. I understand that 7 = T, 3 = E, and so on, but when you put them all together, I just feel like I should be in math class figuring out a really complicated equation. sweatdrop

As for what annoys me the most, I have to agree with Kamori202. Pushing the CAPS LOCK button is just annoying. It makes me think that you're yelling at me. I don't know if that's technically "txt tlk", but if you message me in all caps, even if what you're saying is really nice, I think I'm being yelled at. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:00 pm
I'd have to say "c ya l8tr" is the worst.... rofl rofl  

The Enlightened Penguin

6,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

abarrach

7,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:16 pm
Has no one pointed out the error in the title? It should be "worst" not "worse".

zomg, pwns, -xor (suffix), and some others, I'm sure, all make me want to stab someone.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:13 am
I don't really like 'u'. I HATE 'wat'. I don't mind 'omg' or 'lol', truthfully.  

rawrjennamonster

l3viathan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:53 am
Zareidriel
I don't mind 1337. I tend to speak in 1337 now and again myself. For example:

1331-1011), 1 51>331< ///1_1(1-1 1337. 5337.

I'd have to agree with Firesong. "u" is the worst.

I use 1337, but only for personal things. For example, I write my hand-written journal in 1337 because it's personal, and if someone somehow gets to it, they won't understand it at all. Although, I use 1337 for other personal things as well, such as personalizing my things, if that makes any sense.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:30 pm
I don't mind lol, ttyl, or omg. I hate almost "txt tlk" phrase in that commercial though. My friend and I thought it was halarious that they put the translation at the bottom though.  

xXxPrincess AryaxXx

myheartbeats2hgb

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:20 pm
Aaargh. 'Wut', 'plz', 'u', 'bf/gf', 'l8r', 'idk', and 'ppl' are the worst. But almost all 'txt tlk' drives me INSANE. The ONLY ones I don't mind are 'omg' and 'lol', but I only use those when I'm instant messaging, because tons of people aren't trying to read it. I really hate when people use numbers instead of letters. I mean, how is typing out '73h' any easier than just writing 'the'? It actually takes LONGER. It seriously takes me much longer to abbreviate all my words than to just type them out. And saying 'plz' makes a person look like an ignorant, immature moron who can't type THREE extra letters to make a decent word, especially since they're usually begging for gold or something along those lines. I also hate when people TyPe LyKe ThIs!!!! It's really, really, REALLY hard to read, and it takes forever. I've typed two entire sentences in the time it took me to type those three words. Honestly, what do people get out of hitting the shift key every other letter? And, while I'm on the subject, why do people use 'lyke' instead of 'like'? It's the SAME AMOUNT OF LETTERS, you morons. It takes no extra effort to type an 'i' instead of a 'y', and the 'i' key is in fact EASIER to reach on the keyboard. What is WRONG with people?

*ahem* Excuse that extremely long rant. stressed  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:55 pm
"Dis iz fuxed up". Basically.  

Cherry Choo

Radio Chaos

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:32 am
There are quite a few....

"OMGLOLZROFL"

"OMG"

"LOLZ"

"LOL"

"ROFL"

'WUT"

"PLZ"  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:08 pm
I think my least favorite "txt tlk" phrases are using "y", "u", and "r" to say "why", "you", and "are".

They kind of make me want to punch someone in the face. But not really, because I wouldn't do that. xd  

s0prano42_x3

[p o c k y `]

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:10 pm

I really hate when people use 'lol', 'k', 'u', 'r u', 'can i plz have...', 'OMG', 'ROTFLOL', 'WTF', 'l8ter'. There is a whole lot more but I don't feel like listing them all. -___-

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:16 pm
I really despise "LMIRL" (Let's meet in real life). It's suggestive, harrassment, and just plain gross. And I just recently found a new one. "WAB," for "What a b***h." Seriously, people. It is so much more affective if you actually write it out.  

Iris of the Rain

AdiGallia

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:26 pm
My top three are plz, thx, and yw.

The whole reason for the real versions of the words is to be polite. By using the txt-tlk versions of the words, it's like you don't even have the energy to type out the words, and, thus, you don't have the energy to be 100% polite.

It only takes a moment more to type out a few extra letters. . .

I hold nothing against lol, because it feels weird to type "ha ha" or anything else like that.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff