Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Is there anyone here NOT christian> o_O; Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magnificent Dustmop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:33 pm
I have a lot of problems with the Catholic/Christian church. Let's see. Child molesting priests. Screwing up Easter. In a story about a man dying and then rising from the dead, where the hell do bunnies who crap eggs come in? And in general, spreading rumors about pagans, wiccans, satanists, homosexuals and jews. ******** it, I'm gonna worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:56 pm
yuri-chan the shiznit
I have a lot of problems with the Catholic/Christian church. Let's see. Child molesting priests. Screwing up Easter. In a story about a man dying and then rising from the dead, where the hell do bunnies who crap eggs come in? And in general, spreading rumors about pagans, wiccans, satanists, homosexuals and jews. ******** it, I'm gonna worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

uh......the christian church didn't turn easter into another commercial holiday (like christmas), society did.........

.+Melanthios+.

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:02 pm
.+Melanthios+.
yuri-chan the shiznit

uh......the christian church didn't turn easter into another commercial holiday (like christmas), society did.........

Yeah. And there are some really down-to-earth good priests out there (thankfully, my church's priests are just that).  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:05 pm
.+Melanthios+.
yuri-chan the shiznit

Yeah, I sorta edited my post badly, and I tend to rant. I know Easter isn't religions fault, but where I live (the general area too) there were a lot of scandals about that. (the priests.)  

Magnificent Dustmop

Pixelated Awesome

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:48 pm
In response to this post, I have only a few things to say.

This post is a personal opinion.

I think it is MAN who has portrayed what lurks in the dark. Over time, man has believed that there is something "just beyond the line" of darkness. It comes with an extremely instinctive notion of being afraid of what you cannot see. Dark things are nothing to be afraid of, because I believe that man has associated EVIL with DARK. Evil is another thing, completely different than dark. Evil is a man raping his friend for kicks. Evil is a man killing his wife in a Satanic Ritual. However, Dark is just that... dark. It is a think people cannot normally see, or see through, therefore, it frightens them. People are naturally afraid of what they don't understand.

Christianity, Catholics, Muslims, Islam, and Buddhism. All of them show fear for the things they fail to understand. Maybe a majority of the guild are religious, because they want to prove that they have broken THROUGH that barrier of "not understanding". They want to show they don't fear it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:54 pm
~Alucard_The_Hellhound~

I think it is MAN who has portrayed what lurks in the dark. Over time, man has believed that there is something "just beyond the line" of darkness. It comes with an extremely instinctive notion of being afraid of what you cannot see. Dark things are nothing to be afraid of, because I believe that man has associated EVIL with DARK. Evil is another thing, completely different than dark. Evil is a man raping his friend for kicks. Evil is a man killing his wife in a Satanic Ritual. However, Dark is just that... dark. It is a think people cannot normally see, or see through, therefore, it frightens them. People are naturally afraid of what they don't understand.

Christianity, Catholics, Muslims, Islam, and Buddhism. All of them show fear for the things they fail to understand. Maybe a majority of the guild are religious, because they want to prove that they have broken THROUGH that barrier of "not understanding". They want to show they don't fear it.

yay!!! I that's what I think too. *high fives*

.+Melanthios+.

Pixelated Awesome

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:13 pm
.+Melanthios+.
~Alucard_The_Hellhound~

yay!!! I that's what I think too. *high fives*

Oh my, I seem to have made a friend! x3  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:25 pm

User ImageSing as if no one is listening, dance as if no one is watching…User Image

Uhhh....I'm Agnostic >>

User Image…love as if you have never been hurt before, live as if there is Heaven on Earth.User Image

supa no tamago

Shy Streaker

Mountain_Drew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:38 pm
I was raised southern baptist, son of a minister, read the bible daily blah blah blah blah. A few things happened a while back which shattered my faith. Ever since then I've been a wanderer, for lack of a better term, going back and forth from religion to religion. I follow Descartes: "Believe those who seek the truth, Doubt those who find it."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:56 pm
i dont like any religion. i think its starts wars and fights. like ww2 the jews and the germans do i have to say any more. but i dont care if u like it or not its the ones that has to push there religion on others thats when i crack and tell them to f*** off  

arya241

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:21 am
Pagan I use to be Christian but that didnt work out to well for me so im now pagan  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:16 am
It is very hard to not be Christian depending on where you live.
I live in Colorado Springs, home of Focus on the Family and the New Life Church.
According to the yellowpages search I just did, there are 1537 christian churches in the town I live in.
And two Hot Topic stores.
So there is a smidgen of hope. For my town, anything not pink and pretty is hope - but the Moral Majority rules my town for now.  

Umberella

Cramsteraawr

6,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:14 am
I'm pretty much against most religions, the two i dont like the most are Christianity and Judaism.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:24 pm
I know you're from Scotland, but I still have to say it.... xD

"Irish Blood, English Heart, this I'm maaaade offf....
There is no one on Earth I'm afraiiiid offff...
And I will die with both of my hands untied...."

mrgreen mrgreen

2aetH

Xythe Twistvoid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:47 am
I have absolutely no problem with the Catholic Faith, though it's the people who mess it up for me. I study in an all girl's Catholic school and get drilled with their so-called oh-so-good Catholic values. gonk I was so discontented with the way I was supposed to be this conforming do-goody-pray-a-lot type. I mean, I pray when I want to, not after every single forsaken period.

And then I found Taoism and I turned to Taoism, it's been the best thing that happened to me since the internet, seriously. o_o It's so awesome, the philosophies are sensible and not at all asphyxiating as I find Christianity to be. O:

So yeah. Taoist here. blaugh  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces