Yes, sometimes.
  No, not really.
  Are you crazy?! Burn thy witch!!!
View Results

The Reused

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:19 pm
well, i use it with my mom because it just makes her happy  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:56 pm
It is definately overused, which is sad. It's funny how, the first time you say that to someone and really mean it, it takes so much to come out and say it, and that afterwards it's not a big deal anymore. It seems like there should be another higher word because the impact of the word love wears off too fast. I make it a practice to only say it when I mean it.  

KoRnfucius

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:05 am
[TL]
I dunno, I just feel it's over-used. I tell my mom I love her all the time because I do. But what about my aunts? My grandparents. Do I really love them, or do I just say it because it's polite?

Discuss: "I love you." Is it over-used?
I only say it to people I truly love. I'm very, very careful about that, because I feel that it's a phrase that should NOT be over-used.

I say it to my mom, my brother, my grandparents... and those are the only relatives I will say it to, because they're the only ones I really love. I say it to my best friend all the time -- I DO love her. I say it to my boyfriend on special occasions, but only because I waited almost a year to realise that, yes, I do love him, so it's okay to tell him so.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:06 am
KoRnfucius
It is definately overused, which is sad. It's funny how, the first time you say that to someone and really mean it, it takes so much to come out and say it, and that afterwards it's not a big deal anymore. It seems like there should be another higher word because the impact of the word love wears off too fast. I make it a practice to only say it when I mean it.

3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding

You are SO right. I've thought about that, too, but then what happens when that higher word is over-used? That's why I consider "love" to be the highest of the high, and I only use it when I really mean it.  

ringwraith10

_S_P_I_K_E_B_A_N_D

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:52 pm
Most definitely it is overused.

"Hey, I love you"
"I love you too"

Smiles all around till they break up a day later. Though I do believe that society has come to degrade what it truly meant to 'love' someone. If you want more of my opinion on this please ask for it over PM because I have had many discussions over this and have a very well thought out opinion and very thorough opinion.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:12 pm
Very overused.
I say it all the time to annoy my friend.
I'm like "I love you Bobo!" He's like "....... Okay....."
I say it only to my friends and family. And my friend's little brothers.
>.>
<.<
I love the look on their faces when I say "I love you!"

Evil-Olive

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:34 am
[TL]
I dunno, I just feel it's over-used. I tell my mom I love her all the time because I do. But what about my aunts? My grandparents. Do I really love them, or do I just say it because it's polite?

Yes its is a very battered phrase. None seems to have any repect for it at all. Love is something far more than the common lust. As for the parents I really cant say I say it only to suck up. Fior me Im not sure of what love is so I rarely say it. When I say it to my girlfriend I mean it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:31 am
Shredded Sorrows

People use it when they are being sarcastic, deceitful, and manipulative.

3nodding Sadly, that's too true.  

ringwraith10

Poetic Witch

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:06 am
the term i love you is a strong and powerful word that should be said carefully because they could make or break someone's life. some say it out of fear of losing the person they care about and that is nomally why they say it. so if before i end this i say i got a new way to say "i love you" for anyone who wishes to use it: Sukiyo its Japanese and i have it tattoo on my back  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:39 pm
I only say it if I mean it  

babalonsatene

OverlordMMM

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:57 pm
.....it depends on the situation to me.....if its something casual, or something for anything everyday, then yes...its overused.....or if its for love, but not definite love, then again yes.......its never overused if its something special......

(this might have become a ramble which makes little sense....sorry if it is....)  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:51 pm
It's definately an overused term. The way everyone just tosses it around like it means nothing. I tend to reserve it for the person I truly do love. If ou truly mean it though, its not overused, it cant be said enough.  

Imperior Zero

xslipknotmaniacx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:50 am
I love the word I Love You but i get shy saying it even to my mom  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:01 pm
Hello everyone domokun Bites all around  

Evil_lil_vamp

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:53 pm
[TL]

yah  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas