Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Musings on Crafts (now with Pics!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

caffinated_tulip

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:07 am
@ silver oh my gosh, I know! i almost souly crochet, im learning to knit currently and i still have toruble every now and again rounds with my hook. I frequently end up in a spiral of death while working a hat.

Musing for the day: I'm designing amigurumi figures, super heros, jack sparrow, Hunter s thompson and showed them to a friend of mine who also crochets (though she sticks to blankets and house hold things) and she looked at the designs (not yet made into patterns) and said "I'm not sure which is geekier, the fact that you know what the thing looks like from memory or the fact taht you figured out how to crochet him..."
To which I replied "The thing is nothing! Look at my design for super man!"

im a raging geek.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:12 am
I have a papercut on my right index finger, so I can't knit at all right now. gonk It's also screwed my typing to hell too.

I love doing things that are easy (once you get the hang of it) and confusing my husband. The Moebius strips are my current favorite trick, hence the quote in my sig. whee  

AriRashkae

caffinated_tulip

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:15 am
Oooo Moebius strips eh? How? My boyfriend would think it was amazing! H'es a big quantum physics nerd.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:25 am
Cat Bordhi came up with the idea of knittng a true Moebius. She gave me her permission to sell the projects from her patterns, as long as I acknowledge her as the designer.

I told my DH that knitting exlains string theory: Take something (essentially) 1 dimensional, loop it back and forth and aruond itself, and it defines a 3-dimensional space.

Then I made a bowl with no inside or outside, only a "oneside" rofl

EDIT: That reminds me: I need to set up my Etsy store this weekend. cool  

AriRashkae

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:33 pm
caffinated_tulip
@ silver oh my gosh, I know! i almost souly crochet, im learning to knit currently and i still have toruble every now and again rounds with my hook. I frequently end up in a spiral of death while working a hat.

Musing for the day: I'm designing amigurumi figures, super heros, jack sparrow, Hunter s thompson and showed them to a friend of mine who also crochets (though she sticks to blankets and house hold things) and she looked at the designs (not yet made into patterns) and said "I'm not sure which is geekier, the fact that you know what the thing looks like from memory or the fact taht you figured out how to crochet him..."
To which I replied "The thing is nothing! Look at my design for super man!"

im a raging geek.

Spiral of death.... I'll remember that one. And nothing wrong with geekiness. biggrin

Second musing today "making a pattern is alot harder than I thought it would be >_<" I'm working on a Prickly Pear cactus pincushion. I live where prickly pear grow like weeds so I thought another crochet cactus on my desk would be fun. biggrin Making the pattern is much harder than I expected it to be. ninja let's just hope I don't crochet myself into it. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:49 pm
I'm not the best yet at using patterns, but I've found a ton I sooooo want to make!! I plan on practicing that some here soon.  

Silver Mist

ladyleprechaun13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:19 am
gemini6184
Berrocco has a lovely striped v-neck sweater pattern entitled "mary jane" 3nodding not too many out there. I like v-necks better myself, i dont tlike anything up close around my neck, i think i might have a slight thyroid problem sweatdrop
I'm like that, too. I can't have anything that hits above the collarbone, and usually cut the necks of my t-shirts so that they're in the right spot. Oddly enough, necklaces in the same place don't bother me, just clothes. I'm good with scarves too, not that I wear them very often.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:59 pm
I love that alpaca yarn, I have hand warmers made from it. Whenever I wear them my boyfriend will rub his face up against them since they're so soft and fuzzy.  

Chaotic_Mind

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:18 pm
Chaotic_Mind
I love that alpaca yarn, I have hand warmers made from it. Whenever I wear them my boyfriend will rub his face up against them since they're so soft and fuzzy.
Oh how I wish I could enjoy wool. But sadly I am allergic and wool makes me skin crawl and itch cry crying

Latest musing "Damn you pattern quit being so hard to write! *patten complies* o_o thank you. *finishing cactus pot*"

Edit: anyone want to test my pattern writing skills and try to make a prickly pear pincushion?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:53 pm
Silver Sunrise

Edit: anyone want to test my pattern writing skills and try to make a prickly pear pincushion?

I'd like to try! You can post or PM the instructions or whatever you wanna work out. I might not make it in a Prickly Pear color though.  

Umberella

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:58 pm
Umberella
Silver Sunrise

I'd like to try! You can post or PM the instructions or whatever you wanna work out. I might not make it in a Prickly Pear color though.
xd no worries on the color, right now mine is all natural cotton color to be colored with sharpies later. xd I don't have the finished pic. I plan to finish the cactus tonight. I'll make a new thread and post the instructions with refrence picture tomorrow. Ok?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:29 pm
Silver Sunrise

I'd certainly love to try it out- it looks awesome!

Craft musing for today- Why am I spending so much time working on this when it will be on the inside of the dress, no one will ever see it, and it's driving me nuts? Oh yeah, because I'm a perfectionist...  

Blue-eyes-green

ladyleprechaun13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:26 am
YourAzureGoddess
Tes
~
When I craft I am usually thinking about money.
At least lately.
How crafting is either saving me money or costing me money or just how I would have liked to win that 38mil in the last lottery (damn you whoever won).

~

*nodnod* yeah, I do that too.

I stash because I know there will be a time I cannot afford yarn crying

Though if I won the lotto, I might buy so many crafting supp;lies I would need a new house...

Then again that's what lottos are for, aren't they?
I'd probably do that, too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:27 am
Pincushion pattern is up in it's own thread. 3nodding

Musing for today:
Taking a sweater apart for the yarn is fun. Yarn ramen is not fun and tangles to easily. Not to self, ball the yarn as you pull the sweater apart.

>_> Anyone have a good tank top pattern? I loved this sweater, but living in the south (we have 90+ degree weather for the next week!) sweaters are not a wise idea. *rambles on and on for several minutes on how she loved the sweater and wishes she could still wear it, but it's to hot to wear it* ninja pattern? easy pattern = heart  

Silver Sunrise

ladyleprechaun13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:29 pm
YourAzureGoddess
Oooh, soundtracks... I found knitting to the Pirates of the Carribbean soundtrack is dangerous. I tend to keep thinking about swordfighting and not counting stitches ..<
That's not good.

I usually watch movies or TV while crafting, so I'm thinking about what I'd do different if I were the main character.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff