Sunblock.
  Parasol.
  BOTH!
View Results

ffsghyanbh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:53 pm
Veruniel
Analei
honestly it sickens me to see the orange barbie dolls walking down the street like they are hot stuff. Two words-skin cancer. That is, unless they miraculously become afflicted with leprosy, in which case their skin will simply fall off and avoid all possibility of skin cancer.

The really bright orange ones are probably getting that colour from a tanning booth, not the sun. They won't get skin cancer that way, but it sure is ugly when you overdo it!

Yeah they will, UV rays and prolonged exposure are the carcinogen.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:47 am
m pale compared to the rest of my family.
Mostly because I haven't gone out into the sun for three or four years.

Kakei Setsunai

Beloved Phantom

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:40 am
I like my pale skin. as far as I can tell, the pale being in thing hasn't caught on where I live. Everyone is still tan and blonde, even in the winter. I'm supposedly the palest one of my friends, but I have no idea. I've just been this way most of my life, I just can't get a tan. And if I do get somewhat tanned, it's after I've been sunburned xD

I think it's stupid to stay out of the sun or bleach your skin to get paler.
The same thing with tanning beds.
People with their natural color are beautiful to me, because it shows that they don't care about changing theirselves for other people.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:02 am
i have always beem pale
no one really has said anything before
but people tell me that i have a great vomplexion or that my skin looks smooth or soft
which is kinda weird imo  

vashy13

Beatngufan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:00 am
my pale skin is actually very noticable, mostly because I have Anemia LOL but I would rather have Anemia than skin cancer!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:20 pm
stupid fads.... stare i'm naturally very pale but c'mon u guys, really stop being posers.... talk2hand  

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Rose Patterned Twil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:32 pm
IY_and_MCR
I'm african-american, so there is always some ammount of tan to me, but it's very light.
If it wasn't for my nose and hair, I'd probably be mistaken for being white.
I dislike my skin color, though. It isn't tan, but it isn't pale. It ends up like a wired mix of cornmeal yellow, pale, and tan. I usualy end up looking like I have jaundice.The only interesting thing is it kinda gets a sliver glowy look to it.

You do have jaundice, love. Remember, the failed liver do to accessive booze and ciggerette abuse?

One the topic note. Being Biracial, I'm still as pale as french vanilla creamer. Nice and even though.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:58 pm
twilightrosegarden
IY_and_MCR
I'm african-american, so there is always some ammount of tan to me, but it's very light.
If it wasn't for my nose and hair, I'd probably be mistaken for being white.
I dislike my skin color, though. It isn't tan, but it isn't pale. It ends up like a wired mix of cornmeal yellow, pale, and tan. I usualy end up looking like I have jaundice.The only interesting thing is it kinda gets a sliver glowy look to it.

You do have jaundice, love. Remember, the failed liver do to accessive booze and ciggerette abuse?

One the topic note. Being Biracial, I'm still as pale as french vanilla creamer. Nice and even though.

When did I make this post? Stalker o; <3
I'm getting more grey than yellow at the moment.

And you're pale as they come.
At least I get to be funny colors. Like a organ failure rainbow.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

AmberGriffon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:26 pm
With my family Im the one with a tan compared to them, being that Im the only one that shows the latin descendence, making me look somewhat french while the rest of the family looks like polar bears. My bf is also grey due to the lack of sun for the past 5 years or so.

Still around here, to be pale has always been a fashion for women, more like being fair skinned, around here they spend mountains of foundations to lighten the skin. Now in this particular spot in my city where I live for the las 2-3 years, everyone seems to become Emo, so now everyone is running away from the sun.

Yet around here everyone says Im a sick kind of pale. I do get the "Get a Tan" a lot. Mostly from older people, healtly hippies or sport nuts.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:38 pm
Veruniel
Everyone used to hate it. Now everyone wants it.

Five years ago, people acted weird about my skin tone. Tanned people asked why I didn't try to tan. Pale people thought I'd like to b***h with them about how awful it was that they couldn't tan. But lately the comments have changed. A lot. Suddenly I'm hearing "You look great!" and "How do you keep your skin that way?"

I think it's the awareness of skin cancer. The more dangerous tanning gets, the more trendy pale skin seems to be. Being pale is still not mainstream fashion, but it's not totally 'abnormal' anymore.

I'm wondering if other people have noticed this. Do you have pale skin? Do you get treated differently now than just a few years ago?

That's what people told me all the time. But now its wow, hey sexy(mainly the people I hang with) i am really glad now a days its mostly okay to have pale skin.  

Lifesucks411

Satan on Speed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:55 pm
My skin tone goes from a pale, yellow tinged cream to a sickly sun-loathing white, depending on my mood and surroundings. Most people tell me I should get a tan, but I like my skin pale, it's healthy and I love the porcelain look.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:45 am
actually not everyone used to hate t. and all the people in my class are like 'omg i cant believe you havent put any make-up on today' and im like 'sorry if i dont want to look like a tango.' i mean i love make up, and i do love wearing it, but not layers and layers on bronzer and tanning powder etc.. that just makes you look like a freak.. and a chav...

lol, good topic. x  

char234

ShadowLotus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:28 pm
I've loved pale skin my whole life. My family would say I need to be in the sun more (and call me a vampire for it), but I could care less. I may not spend as much time outdoors as many, but it's not like it's never. In the summer I do tan a little but not much. I hate it though because I think pale skin is absolutely gorgeous.
I went to Hawaii once... got the worst sun burns I've ever had... Never again.

I'm very jealous of my boyfriend. He's Irish, has beautiful pale skin (paler than mine), and doesn't tan... Ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:58 pm
I'm pale but at the same time I'm a strange shade of yellow. It's really weird. o_0  

Gorganoth

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces