Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Grammar And Artistic Talent: Is There A Link? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AdiGallia

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:37 pm
Sorry, but I have to kill your theory. T___T

I'm a decent artist on a good day. Maybe. But not really. However, I do pride myself on my grammar.

My friend is Japanese, and she's an EXCELLENT artist. In fact, she wants to go back to Japan when she graduates and be a manga artist. Unfortunately, her grammar skills are lacking. She's been in the US for the past seven or so years, and she still has some problems. I help her, though.

So, really, it works both ways.

There isn't too much I can do to improve my grammatical skills, and I'm not that great of an artist. T__T  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:34 am
AdiGallia
Sorry, but I have to kill your theory. T___T

I'm a decent artist on a good day. Maybe. But not really. However, I do pride myself on my grammar.

My friend is Japanese, and she's an EXCELLENT artist. In fact, she wants to go back to Japan when she graduates and be a manga artist. Unfortunately, her grammar skills are lacking. She's been in the US for the past seven or so years, and she still has some problems. I help her, though.

So, really, it works both ways.

There isn't too much I can do to improve my grammatical skills, and I'm not that great of an artist. T__T

Grammar isn't confined to English. She probably has amazing Japanese grammar, you should ask her. After all, English is one of the hardest laguages to learn, next to French.

HOW I HATE FRENCH...  

MadnessFreak

Sister_Lenore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:07 pm
If you mean "Art" is in painting or drawing, then I just killed your theory. I can barely draw stick people correctly (Ha, like there's someone out there critiquing stick people). However, by "Art", you mean all art forms, such as writing or music, then I could see your point.

How I wish I could draw....  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:10 am
Same goes for me as well. I'm looking to draw as a profession. Art is my biggest outlet and I have more skill in that than music or writing. But I can't help but notice that all the amazing artists I see out there have good grammar, but those that lack skill suck at grammar.

Except my friend. He's an amazing painter and spent most of his time in English doodling. Lawlz. His grammar isn't attrocious though, just little mistakes he doesn't give a flying ******** about.

Sheep Kitchen

Wheezing Ladykiller

nineholybullets

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:45 am
NuclearBatman
I use fairly good grammer all the time, but I can not draw good and overall my handwriting is kinda messy.

I think that handwriting in itself is another form of art. Look at the Chinese and the Japanese - they sometimes devote their entire lives to the mastery of calligraphy.
But if you want western examples, look at the classic artists like Da Vinci or Mozart. The Koran is an excellent Middle-Eastern example of calligraphy.

Look it up for yourself.

Your handwriting, like artwork, is unique to you. So be proud of it! And if you become famous one day, people will be clamoring to copy your style. XD

@applecyder: Did you borrow the grammar icon from me or someone else? XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:51 pm
Sister_Lenore
If you mean "Art" is in painting or drawing, then I just killed your theory. I can barely draw stick people correctly (Ha, like there's someone out there critiquing stick people). However, by "Art", you mean all art forms, such as writing or music, then I could see your point.

How I wish I could draw....

I consider art music, dance, drawing of any form (including painting), construction (any form of construction, that includes sewing and bricklaying) and writing.  

MadnessFreak

Shygoddess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:00 pm
That is an interesting theory. Though I am not sure if it would apply with everyone, I go to an art/fashion school and I have met a lot of talented other students but some of their grammar is in need of fixing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:42 pm
To further break my own threory, on MC.net (madness combat forum) there's a guy with pretty bad grammar but his drawings are incredible in every sense of the word.  

MadnessFreak

TheStoof

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:48 pm
Grammar can be learnt. Art can be learnt as well, but I think it ultimately requires talent.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:14 am
I understand what you are trying to say, but I have a mate who draws very well; But she has the most atrocious spelling and grammar that I have EVER seen.  

Spoob

jangab

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:27 am
As for me, I can't see the connection...
-JanGab  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces