PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:21 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Kabuki Doll
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
Odd, watching you two bicker. neutral
You think this is bad, you should see us in real life on occasion

Hahaha. Smackdown?
My best friend and I have never gotten mad at each other, let alone ever really had a fight. It's quite nice. Granted there are things we disagree on. But usually we settle it (with my homemade sushi xd ). If not, it's wrestling to the death ninja
Well, I only physically attack him in certain occasions....

You know what they are Akasha....
Pft, yeah... When I'm happy and only have one hand.
lmao, that sounds so bad!
xd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:32 pm
Akasha_wp
Nihilistic Seraph
Kabuki Doll
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta

Hahaha. Smackdown?
My best friend and I have never gotten mad at each other, let alone ever really had a fight. It's quite nice. Granted there are things we disagree on. But usually we settle it (with my homemade sushi xd ). If not, it's wrestling to the death ninja

xd
.....That sounded so wrong.....

You ask for it anyway

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Akasha_wp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:13 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Akasha_wp
Nihilistic Seraph
Kabuki Doll
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta

Hahaha. Smackdown?

xd
.....That sounded so wrong.....

You ask for it anyway
I was talking to my gf, having a good time, and you beat me up. I was on the phone so I couldn't defend myself... Whore... pirate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:42 pm
One day, when I do get married, it will be a Pagan wedding. My Grandmother will have a s**t-fit, but she'll have to deal with it. She doesn't know I'm Pagan... nor does my dad. Man, I hope he won't freak out. gonk  

Lady Adokenai

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Keistera

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:01 am
I read back, read the "argument", and laughed my a** off. razz Thanks Nihil & Akasha. *runs away*

(Oh, and to add, in reply to the first few pages: "OMG THE XIANS ARE AFTER MEEEEE!" *headdeskheaddeskheaddesk* ... Now I need my coffee.)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:12 am
Keistera
I read back, read the "argument", and laughed my a** off. razz Thanks Nihil & Akasha. *runs away*

(Oh, and to add, in reply to the first few pages: "OMG THE XIANS ARE AFTER MEEEEE!" *headdeskheaddeskheaddesk* ... Now I need my coffee.)
Get some chai, it's tastier ninja  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

liftedplane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:06 pm
something about weddings I've never liked was the, "'till death do us part" because if I'm marrying someone, I'm going to be with them forever... assume we don't get divorced... which is something I don't believe in.

so.... yeah... my wedding vows will have no "till death do us part"....

I personally would love to be handfasted at stonehenge by a druid priest.... I've always loved the thought of that. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:07 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Keistera

I never believed that until my beloved made me try... now I drink it more than soda... >.<  

liftedplane

Himika (the gummi bear)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:54 pm
Christo Minaverus
Well this is something I have already made a few plans for. My wedding will be a huge festival among things. It will be a handfasting ritual and very spiritual. The detais I am to tired to go into but it was a huge ceremony where I was the sun and she was the moon and in our unity we created harmony and all that mushy stuff. sweatdrop

cute, whoever it is, I bet she'll like it...unless she's weird and...shutting up now. But I'm already planning how my ceremony would be...I have a Irish Catholic family so they'll be a little lost. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:32 am
liftedplane
Nihilistic Seraph
Keistera

I never believed that until my beloved made me try... now I drink it more than soda... >.<
It's so good!  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:25 pm
Hmmm.... After some thought and a few talks with my fiance, we have decided to get married twice (even though we're both Wiccan). Even though I don't care if my family knows about my religion, I really don't want them to feel hurt or left out by my choice of wedding.

My family is ultra Christian. My grandfather owns and operates a church. My uncle has replaced him as the minister. I am the only Pagan/Wiccan. I have one gay cousin. They're not very open to change. His family is also very Christian. His dad and step mother often preach to him about the evils of religions other than Christianity and other things like that.

So... We're getting married twice. Once in a handfasting for us and our friends to attend. And again in a typical Christian white-wedding. That way we can invite everyone and they'll all be happy. And I get to wear a full-length, poofy gown! That just wouldn't work out in an open field like the handfasting.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:21 pm
Not to necro the topic or anything.... sweatdrop

...but my fiance and I are looking into getting handfasted. Neither of our familys are cool with us being Wiccan (actually, he's more Wiccan and Im kind of a catch-all celtic-y pagan wiccan thing). My father is a devout Baptist and he definately preaches about the evils of other religions all the time, and his parents are Jewish and found out he was Wiccan and threw all of his stuff out, and gave him a lecture about it. We're thinking of doing a semi-traditional, mostly modern handfasting outdoors for just us and friends, and then actually having a non-denominational wedding, to please everyone. The thing that appeals to me so much about the actual handfasting is that it lasts a year and a day, at which time you can renew the vows and actually get legally married, if you choose to do so. We really dont have the money to have a HUGE wedding now, so it would be nice to have time to prepare.

We dont really need a ceremony to prove that we would give anything for eachother and want to be together forever, but we'd like one, just to make us feel special. <3

Renaela

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:40 pm
Necromancy is not under any restrictions here, so long as you keep your undead army in line. wink

And really, any ceremony is about celebrating something special, and it should work for and with you, not against. If you two are serious, than you should be mature enough to know your needs and wants. Your parents will need to get over their fears and control issues if they really want to be happy with and for you. True, it can be a very hard thing, but a gift of love is greater than anything else. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:45 pm
Jameta
Necromancy is not under any restrictions here, so long as you keep your undead army in line. wink

And really, any ceremony is about celebrating something special, and it should work for and with you, not against. If you two are serious, than you should be mature enough to know your needs and wants. Your parents will need to get over their fears and control issues if they really want to be happy with and for you. True, it can be a very hard thing, but a gift of love is greater than anything else. 3nodding

Most definately. Its extremely important to us to have a handfasting, more so for me than for him, and we'd rather just hold two ceremonies to make everyone content, as our parents mean a lot to us too.
I actually like to think of a handfasting as more of a private between two people kind of thing. Maybe one or two close friends, but not many of our friends share our beliefs either, so it'd be pointless to have them there for something they wouldnt understand. I acutally, if I could, would rather have just 5 or 6 people at my wedding and a big party afterwards. Makes more sense in my head to have the closest people there, for the wedding. For the handfasting, its more of a ceremony for us being in love and giving ourselves to eachother, so I dont see the need to have anyone else but a High Priest/Priestess there.

Part of the reason I actually requested to join was to learn more about everything to do with Paganism, and its many forms. I started because I heard some of the Wiccan ideals from my fiance and they made sense to me, but other than a book written by...ugh, whats her naame? Silver Ravenwolf, Ive got nothing in the way of knowledge and experience. Im hoping to gain some more insight.

Renaela

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:03 pm
*gasps* She said You-Know-Who's name! gonk *cringes in fright*

Sorry, sporadic H.P. moment. Ms. Ravenwolf, in many respectable circles, is not a reliable source. With that in mind, we shall do our best to provide you with our own knowledge and respectable resources. 3nodding  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff