Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Should we fear Death? (opinion) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Promise to only state your opinion, no arguements?
  yeah. =)
View Results

Poetic Witch

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:36 pm
I will admit that I am scared of death but I am not scared of it. The reason why I am is because I do not know how I am going to die but I am not scared because I am an atheist so I believe you just go to a place where you are 100 percent aceepted for who you are!  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:51 pm
The Dancing Ninja
no why must we fear the unaviodable, Im prepared to die at any moment. Due to hours of meditaion and things like that. Though i don't want to die, cause i have loved ones in this world, but if death comes I shall draw my sword and put up a fight. I am thinking about after I die lokk into becoming a spirit guide.
Being a spirit guide sounds very wonderful, in my opinion.

I decided for myself that if I ever died an early death, if I had the choice, I would return to my friends and watch over them until they die, before I go hunting for any "beyond." I don't want to live alone, and I don't want to be dead alone either.

Spooky Ames

ElBristow

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:17 am
I used to fear death when i was young, i was brought up in a christian school to beleive there was an afterlife, that scared the hell out of me.

I would much rather think there is nothing after death, no thoughts, no feelings, nothing. Peace.

Is the fear of death a selfish thing? "no more me? noooooo! I cant live without me!"

Is it a ignorant thing? "what will happen? will i live forever in spirit in some paradise or some hell? i don't want to find out! im happy being myserable here!"

I dunno, the only time i guess i would fear death is if i knew it was going to be very slow and painful.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:10 am
no,im not personally afraid of death.Its all just inevitable.so go ahead and enjoy life.so go ahead and hit someone in the leg with a golf club.because the grim reaper could come for you tonight. evil  

Clear Darkness

Death Thistle

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:25 pm
Death isn't something to fear, but only something you should think about  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:42 pm
It is only natural to fear death, as it is an unknown in life. Although, as soon as you experience great grief or tragedy, you lose that fear, maybe forever. Regardless, I myself do not fear death, in fact I challenge it. But again, the aforementioned statement made clear that we all feel differently about death, some fear it, some dont. I dont think we should, or shouldn't.  

Imperior Zero

GEMOBOY1

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:33 am
I THINK THAT NO ONE SHOULD BE AFRAID TO DIE WE ALL WILL EVENTUALLY AND YOU NORMALLY GO WHERE YOU WANT HEAVN OR HELL.
DONT FEAR  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:37 am
Humans fear dying because they are afraid of the unknown.
Learning is replacing the unknown with the known.
Learning is human nature(for example, a child that touches a hot stove knows it's a bad idea to touch it again).
Dying is in essence learning what happens after life.
Therefore, humans should either be afraid of learning, which is human nature, or it is completely illogical to fear dying. Then again, fear causes humans to void the use of logic time and time again.

On a more scientifically-based theory, humans fear death because survival is one of mankinds oldest instincts. We used to(and still do to an extent) fight to stay alive so that we could one day pass on our genes to make way for the next generation. Fear was required in order to stay alive, a group of cavemen wouldn't have lived long without the fear of being killed at night by some predator. This fear of dying has been imprinted on our DNA and continues to be passed from one generation to the next.  

Ever thoughtful

6,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:48 pm
why fear what comes naturally?  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:44 pm
I beleive we shouldn't fear death. It's part of the natural cycle of events in our life and our "life" may not be all that it is without it. I'm not terrified of it, I just don't want it coming to soon.(I'm an athiest here, enoguh said. No reincarnations either.) I don't think that it's the actual part of dying that's feared, it's the mystery of it. We can't control it, it's going to happen eventually. We don't know what happens when you die, I beleive all your consiousness is wipped out and that's it. Oblivion. But what if it isn't? That's the frightening part. In books, the mysterious stranger is often spoken of with fear or catiousness. We don't know anything about him or his motives. Death is simply the mysterious stranger, we can speculate on him but never know for sure, until all is revealed when you meet him, and what will happen when you meet him? That's what gets people, the mystery of it.

Always loving the good mystery novel and forensics book, I'd love to see what happens when you die. I value my life though, and realizing that this may be all we get, I choose not to commit suicide to find out. That would be an insanely foolish thing to do in my eyes.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:46 pm
No, we shouldn't fear death. The only reason we do is because it's unknown what happens after it, and it is irreversible. Also, another reason we fear it is because of the negative aspect we have to deal with in the living world, and it is due to that that we think of death in a purely negative light.

As an atheist, I believe that after death, you lose any sense of anything. Nothing happens to you, you feel nothing, you think nothing. It is the epitome of rest, and relaxation, and I believe that it is quite a bit better than life.

However, this is where the unknown comes into play, and this very battle between life and death is immortalized in the Shakespeare play, Hamlet, during the widely known soliloquy hamlet speaks when contemplating suicide, beginning with "To be, or Not to be, that is the question." Here is the quotation of which I speak.

"To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil."

In this quote, hamlet speaks of the fact that we can go away from the pains and responsibilities of life, but what if something after death occurs? What if it is a never-ending nightmare from which there is no awakening?

But, in the real world, death has become so uncommon, and such an irregularity, that we seem to think it's an unnatural phenomena. It is because of modern medicine, and technology, that so many lives are "saved". So long as someone is alive, they say they saved them... but most of the time, their lives are screwed up beyond repair by that point. They should have died because of that, but they didn't, and they might reproduce from that point on, adding to the population when they normally shouldn't have. It's because of this that our population has grown sporadically out of control, and why we are overpopulated.

Death is a natural part of the ecosystem, and should be embraced more. Instead of fearing death, I think there needs to be more. I think that due to the fact that the very presence of this many humans worldwide, using as much resources as we do, is destroying the planet. If it continues in such a way, by 2050-2100, life as we know it will be destroyed.

Sorry for rambling... I do that sometimes... XP

OH, and here's a summary:

I don't think we should fear death, I think we should accept it, and perhaps increase it somewhat amongst our species. But no, I don't want to die anytime soon... I have things I need to do, and I'm too young to have had the chance to do them yet...  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:01 pm
"I do not fear death, nor do I welcome it. I only accept that fact that it comes to all in time."

I'm not afriad of death, but I was when I was young. When I was seven my best friend died. That's when I stoped being afriad.
When he died it brought other people together... and he looked so calm... almost like a flower.
I figured out later, thatdeath, just like life, is a beautiful thing. It is a part of nature.
From every new life there shall be a death and for every being that withers a new life springs. I do not fear death because death is not an end to life, just a part of the cycle.
I'm not afraid of how I die either. I kniw it will be something interesting due to my rebelius and clumsy nature and the fact that I have had a few near death experiences before.
If anything, I love death. Not in an obsessed or creepy way.
But in the way that it showed me that I needed to live my life to the fullest, every minuet of every day...
because I may not a have a tomarow.

>>

Rosmarin

Virtuous Lunatic

Saint Skeleton Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:02 am
As Gerard Way once said "It's ok to die"
I think you just have to accept it.
It's all good
Don't be afraid
Changes are good
Even if it is the fate of death
Accept it like you are accepting the invitation to start Web Cam smile
That Is All
ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:39 am
I used to fear dying.

Whenever I thought about the subject, I thought dying was just the end. I imagined it like sleeping, and never waking up. I imagined it like when you're asleep, without dreaming. Just an empty black void.

But now I believe something different. Dying isn't the end. I've become interested in all of these metaphysical studies, and it's helped me cope with the subject. I believe you have a choice whether you want to be reincarnated. I'm not religious in any way, I'm Atheist, but I still have beliefs in things.

When we die, we die. It's going to happen sooner or later. Some people just haven't accepted the fact yet. It will take time for that, but the will eventually cope with it.

Irish Spring

Saint Of Demons

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:39 pm
Death can come and frikkin get me nobody would care anyways twisted  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items