Virigina Tech Shooting Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nimewe

Garbage Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:12 am
I think i heard that someone else is gonna try to do worse than what happened at Vtech, not sure though. Well one day at school there was a fight but it lasted for a couple of seconds and it was after school >> I didn't see it though.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:05 am
deathcomes_onsilentwings
Yeah, we heard about it in school at second period I think. How could a person do that? I mean, what could possess a person to make them want to shoot up a school? A student reporter at VT had his camera and was able to film during the second shooting. Our teacher turned on the tv in seventh period, and we watched the video. You could hear the gun shots and the screams of the students. It was heart breaking and horrifying.

What posses a person to do such a thing you ask?
Cruelty towards that person.
Bullying is a majore factor in alot of shootings. Alot times these people are treated so bad, picked on all the time, pushed around some tiems barly have any freinds, troubles at home with faimlie and there could be lots more. So what posses a person to do this well when ppl take away every last thing one individual has and you leave him nothing but pain in misery then these ppl have nothing to look forawrd for (not realy true things can change) but alot of thimes they dont think things could get better and sence theres nothing to live for, at times they take it out on the world those who took every thing away from them and left them with nothing but pain.

This indivdual was upset as for what i've heard but as an added bit he was slightly psycotic too, he was offiuasly driven mad.

Im not defending this guy because 2 wrongs never make a right, and killing some one doesnt make things equal but apose to the fact of the cruel acts this young man portait at virgina tech alot of these things could be prevented if this world wasnt so cruel to begin with. Next time you fel you wana make fun of some one stop and think about how it feel to you and how much pain they could be going through as a result it could happen at your school. No bodys forced to like some one but been hurtful to ppl isnt going to make things better.

other than this guy when it comes to some shooting those ppl are just messed in the head too. Nobody desierves to die.  

Crazy_Vamp666

Reinik

Interstellar Abomination

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:56 pm
The guy was picked on since way before he went to college. He didn't talk, he was lonely, and it all built up inside him until he exploded.

And yes, everyone knew he was psychotic and 'creepy' but no one did anything that could've prevented this.

It's so bad, I watched an interview of this girl who was shot at twice and survived.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:43 pm
This is gonna sound really detached and apathetic, but I really don't care much. Someone went berserk and killed 30 something people. People get killed all the time. You want real tragedy, watch videos of the Isreali conflict and see what they do to each other.  

Elochai Sammael

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:47 am
Odin The Accursed
This is gonna sound really detached and apathetic, but I really don't care much. Someone went berserk and killed 30 something people. People get killed all the time. You want real tragedy, watch videos of the Isreali conflict and see what they do to each other.

I think the major reason it's getting so much coverage is the "close to home" factor.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:02 am
Odin The Accursed

Then maybe it would be better to all value human life more, indiscriminate of who is dying.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

blackfoxi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:05 am
GilAskan
Odin The Accursed

I think the major reason it's getting so much coverage is the "close to home" factor.

and we're never gonna hear the end of it. everywhere i turn, i keep seeing something about it. yes, i know it was a terrible tragedy, but so was the holocaust, and you don't see that plastered to our tv screens.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:47 am
blackfoxi
i know it was a terrible tragedy, but so was the holocaust, and you don't see that plastered to our tv screens.

Except the holocaust is only news when you first learn about it in history.
Most of these channels are for news. Notice the word "new" in news ^_^
There's a bunch of nice educational programs about the holocaust, though.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Tactical Wombat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:56 am
blackfoxi
i know it was a terrible tragedy, but so was the holocaust, and you don't see that plastered to our tv screens.

You may want to look into that previously mentioned educational programming, hun. :3
Don't comment on me being a jerk, I'm quite aware I'm a full fledged a**. Untill we meet again <3  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:12 am
GilAskan
Odin The Accursed

Yeah, but I'm actually kinda surprised because I don't see as much news coverage of this shooting as I did Columbine. Do you think it's because this guy's Asian? racist news channel bastards... stare
And foxi, the reason the Holocaust isn't all over the TV is because it happened over 60 years ago and most of the survivors are dead now.  

Elochai Sammael

The Reused

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:25 pm
yes it is horrifying but the gunman had all the symptoms of skitsafranitia (sorry if i spelled it incorrectly)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:46 pm
Odin The Accursed

Yeah, but I'm actually kinda surprised because I don't see as much news coverage of this shooting as I did Columbine. Do you think it's because this guy's Asian? racist news channel bastards... stare
And foxi, the reason the Holocaust isn't all over the TV is because it happened over 60 years ago and most of the survivors are dead now.

I'd like us to remember that with the Columbine event the news networks focused on these kids as Neo-Nazis. I'd say that's racist.

Agreed, 60 years is the scholarly marker for when something is no longer contemporary and is 'officially' history. But yes, probably give it a few months, and there won't be much talk about it.

One thing that I think is interesting is how BBC for example is reporting the outpouring of internet attention and support VT students are getting, from Facebook for example.

As for 'less coverage than Columbine' if could be a fluke of when you're watching TV (I don't have one, so I don't know at all ^^; ). But following with the 'close to home' idea of why there's more attention on VT than the on-going I-P conflict, (I'm going to make a generalisation here) it's possible that Col. was paid more attention because the two shooters were American Nationals where as Cho(even though he'd been here for so long) was not. Also, we're comparing a College shooting and High School.
The idea of two kids being angry enough to kill people from the same group(in all appearances) as them can be scarier than one 'crazy', 'creepy' foreigner.

::sigh::  

Liss Carroll

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:10 pm
GilAskan
Odin The Accursed
This is gonna sound really detached and apathetic, but I really don't care much. Someone went berserk and killed 30 something people. People get killed all the time. You want real tragedy, watch videos of the Israeli conflict and see what they do to each other.

You're both correct. It's a bit like the Anna Nicole Smith thing: people made a big deal out of it as if it were a shock. But people die all the time, whether violently or otherwise.

Quote:
skitsafranitia

"Schizophrenia." That's how you spell it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:47 pm
Tokyo_Punker

WHO THE HELL WROTE THIS!?!?!!?!?!?
Quote:
my mother called me down to watch them talk about it on tv. i honestly don't give two shits about some shooting down there in america. people die as a result of gang violence in massive numbers all the time. the media doesn't take any notice there. it's only when middle and upper class violence takes place that they choose to boost their ratings with it.

so what did i do while i watched the footage? inwardly laugh at the fat cops trying to run with assault rifles. that s**t was priceless.

I WANT TO BEAT THE s**t OUT OF THIS PERSON. HE OR SHE IS SUCH A HEARTLESS, COLD ********, I HATE AMERICA ABOUT AS MUCH AS YOU DO, BUT THE PEOPLE ARNT ALL BAD, AND YOU KNOW WHAT, WE ARE TRYING TO STOP ALL THE GANG VIOLENCE AND SUCH, SO PISS OFF YOU LITTLE a**, DONT b***h ABOUT SOMTHING YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT! YOU DONT LIVE HERE! YOUR NOT TRYING TO HELP, SO JUST SHUT UP AND QUIT YOUR BITCHIN!

hahaha. the point i'm making here is that i don't give a ********. these people from what i've heard died like pigs. you're welcome to raise a fist to me, and i'll be glad to break both of your arms in as many places as possible just to listen to you scream. am i heartless? on occasion yes. i do not appreciate weakness, and i do not give a s**t about some stupid ******** shooting. i didnt care about columbine, and i didn't even care about the world trade centre. were it friends or family who had died my opinion would not be much different. people die. i deal with it the best way anyone should, by respecting the strengths they had. But still, I don't give a s**t. 33 people dead, most of whom stood there and let themselves be shot because they were too stupid to duck under a table or whatever was around. so is it a tragedy? no. it isn't a ******** tragedy. it's a ********, especially seeing as there were enough warning signs that a half wit could have stopped it from happening. now, vent whatever anger you wish at me, but it sure as ******** isnt me you should be mad at. i just happen to be someone uncaring and blunt enough to tell it like it is.  

DR490N

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces