Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies
ever read any good books about vampires? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What are you?
  Goth
  Emo
  Cute and Nerdy
  Your Own Kind
  Other
View Results

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:20 pm
I love vampires, so needless to say I've read a few vamp books. smile The most recent vampire book I read was Dracula (by Bram Stoker), which was decently good, though honestly not as good as I'd hoped. I much prefer the Anne Rice vampire novels; they're probably my favorite vampire series. I've also read Twilight (before it got so popular), which I enjoyed, but I haven't read any of the sequels yet. I have read the first of Laurel K. Hamilton's books and I own the first of the Charlaine Harris books, though I haven't read it yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:16 am
i kinda like vimpire knight n other shojo beat stuff. they have a few vimpire manga 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding  

Light56

7,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Flatterer 200

LoveNotFailMe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:32 am
Alright, I have an obsession with vampires so here's my fav. books;
-Companions of the Night
-Night World(3 dif books in each book)
-Vampire Diaries 1&2
-Salems Lot
-Dracula
-Evernight
-Cirque Du Freak
-Vampire Chronicals
-The Vampire Lestat(or anything Anne Rice)
That's my top 8 smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:37 am
AurigaLaShock
I'd suggest the Blue Blood series by De La Cruz. A very interesting concept.

Blue Blood? Are you freaking kidding? That's the worst vampire book I've ever read! For the 1st half of the book I didn't even know Blue Bloods were vampires!!!(The cover gave me a big hint though)  

LoveNotFailMe

Josette0688

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:17 pm
Fallen Angel Louis
Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles are amazing! She weaves different characters' owm personal stories together (focusing on her main character, the antagonist, Lestat) to make this wonderful chronology of vampirism. If you want to know more about the series or even just what order all the books should be read in just pm me. biggrin

Anne Rice is amazing I haven't really read her other vampire series though it sounds pretty good Vampire Chronicles is good  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:15 pm
Please, I'm at the end of my rope.
Can anyone recomend to me a vampire book that is not about over-sexed, boy-bandesque, emo vampires just looking for love in a world that doesn't understand them?

No, I will not read Ann Rice.

An if anyone says Twilight...
*hissss*

The Iron Rose

ToxicLatte

Dapper Phantom

6,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:38 am
MrsPuget
i just got done reading 'Twilight' and 'New Moon' they were really good. any other vampire books i should know about? please give me some titals and names!
You could read Eclispse. And Breaking Dawn when it comes out.

Uh, Marked, Betrayed, and Chosen are also good ones.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:27 am
MrsPuget
i just got done reading 'Twilight' and 'New Moon' they were really good. any other vampire books i should know about? please give me some titals and names!

I just fond this book and its really good.You may like.Its called My sister the vampire.Its by Sienna Mercer  

tigercolby

Interesting Seeker

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Person of Interest 200

trashbats

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:42 am
The House of Night series is good. The books are Marked, Betrayed, and Chosen (Untamed comes out this Fall!). It has a very interesting take on vampires.

Vampire Kisses is pretty good too. The main character, Raven, is NOT a vampire, but there are vampires in it, so you'll still get your fill of vampy-ness.

There's also The Morganville Vampire series. In the first book, Glass Houses, the vampires don't come in for a while. The Dead Girl's Dance involves them much mroe, with a big surprise at the end. I haven't read further than that yet.

Well, those are my suggestions!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:16 am
omg omg omg only one more day till breaking dawn whos excited?  

GuuberChyld

DarkMoon_Sapphire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:22 am
well u should read eclipse which the 3rd book of the twilight seres.
and also Breaking Dawn is coming out tomorrow. that's the 4th book of the twilight series.
Also, you should try read the The Vampire Chronicles. There are like 10 books in the series. It was all written by Anne Rice.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:10 pm
Maybe you should try The Saga of Darren Shan. There are 12 books in this series and they are real nice. The books are Cirque Du Freak, The Vampire's Assistant, Tunnels of Blood, Vampire Mountain, Trials of Death, The Vampire Prince, Hunters of the Dusk, Allies of the Night, Killers of the Dawn, The Lake of Souls,Lord of the Shadows and Sons of Destiny.  

snowy_violet

Meii-Mo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:08 am
what's with the poll!?
Well my favorite vampire series would be the Anita Blake ones, it's by Laurell K. Hamilton. Adult series.. Harsher than Twilight, I'd say..  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:54 pm
Naiad9
okay, try the author Laurell K. Hamilton. it's a little grown up, but I totally love it. 3nodding her books are sorta horror/fantasy/romance. very interesting, but if you don't have a strong stomach then you might wanna pass. wink

Yea, 'k - I'll hafta AGREE with her on this one! Hamilton is a BRILLIANT author, and her series about Anita Blake: Vampire Executioner is the greatest, ever!
I detest vampire stories! I really do! But Hamilton is the ONLY ONE who has ever written anything on vampires that I like/love/salivate over! If you have a craving for a story that will keep you enthralled, Check This OUT!

EBMoonside

SinginginSilence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:23 pm
Madame Delphi
Please, I'm at the end of my rope.
Can anyone recomend to me a vampire book that is not about over-sexed, boy-bandesque, emo vampires just looking for love in a world that doesn't understand them?

No, I will not read Ann Rice.

An if anyone says Twilight...
*hissss*

Sunshine by Robin McKinley. Not over sexed. Not romanticized in the conventional way. In no way boy bandesque. This is her second adult book but only because it's not fluffy like her previous books. There that's my recommendation.  
75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff