In a way yes... xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:28 pm
You act as if it is our fault that we are so mean. stare  

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

Exotic Kitty

Invisible Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:05 pm
Lol. Naw, it's more of those exchangers that sound like they're going to rip me off of something..  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:58 pm
It's gonna be just like Runescape in that all those rich kids that can afford to buy lots of envelopes to sell and buy battle stuff. Then there are those that will get their gold illegally and buy it that way. We regular players don't stand a chance against them. Maybe they'll make an arena that we can go watch them in.  

texashammerhead

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:30 pm
AzulAznWizard
Lol. Naw, it's more of those exchangers that sound like they're going to rip me off of something..

That's the point of the exchange. You get an item, sell in the exchange, get ripped off, and the buyer gets rich. How do you think I got to be the productive member of gaian society I am today?

@Granny: I don't play runescape but it sure sounds like they are having a ton of problems! I think gaia already suffers from some of those problems already. You should see people in the exchange talking about their "sealed suppliers" and how many sealeds they got holed up. And we both know about botters. xp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:30 pm
Sparkle Hearts
AzulAznWizard

That's the point of the exchange. You get an item, sell in the exchange, get ripped off, and the buyer gets rich. How do you think I got to be the productive member of gaian society I am today?

@Granny: I don't play runescape but it sure sounds like they are having a ton of problems! I think gaia already suffers from some of those problems already. You should see people in the exchange talking about their "sealed suppliers" and how many sealeds they got holed up. And we both know about botters. xp
Yyou're right. There are so many ways to scam in that game. You wouldn't believe the amount of botters there. Right out in the opening. Level 3 and 4 "player" with level 30 skills. Reporting them doesn't do any good.  

texashammerhead

Exotic Kitty

Invisible Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:08 pm
About the runescape thingy:

Yeah..I've had a few days of experiences with it, and I wasn't satisfied doing it. It was really horrible.

BS ideas to talk about:
-The "GREAT" argument, rings or weapons? My opinion about it is that they (as in gaia) could have thought of a better idea, cause I'm not satisfied with either of them.

-Creations of rings (as in you can create your own rings and submit it to the gaia mods so they know whether or not they should add it)

-Monsters you would like to see (part 2)

-Von Helson Sisters and Edmund quest (and how it might relate to the battle system, specifically bosses)

-Adding rings to the monthly collectables

-Use of clans and the rewards you can get if you 'win' with your clan (I think this one was announced at least once in the thread..)

Oh and a small note, the battle system will NOT be anything like WoW, Maplestory, Ragnarok Online (When I first heard about it, I was starting to think it might be in a way) and Runescape. Gaia's battle system will be unique and will not relate to any of them..or so I read.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:10 pm
That really sucks. People need to grow up and play the dang game instead of cheating. It is so not fun if you cheat.

Okay battle system things:

I've seen both weapon leveling and just flat out leveling up. I like where they're going with the ring thing. It sounds like if you like a particular ability, you continue to use it and it levels up. If you don't, you get rid of it and face no penalty. The issue one runs into with weapons and armors abilities is that many times the weapon/armor's attributes suck but have a really good ability and vice versa. It puts a player in a crappy situtation having to choose to have decent stats at the cost of crappy abilities, and having to choose sucky stats for superb abilites. That really gets to me.

Suggesting abilites for new rings is a good idea, just like suggesting an item.

I'd like to see some scarier looking monsters. The ones on the battle page look kinda whimpy. We need grunties!

You get to fight vampires? I'd personally like to beat the crap out of Ian.

Only in a three item letter. Gaia should not become so focused on the battle system that it forgets it's roots as a forum for anime... oh wait that already happened!

I think a record should be kept of how the clan performs in battle, but something I worry about is people creating two clans, one good, one bad and continually beat up the wimpy clan to get rewards. Unless they have it so that each clan puts up a certain amount, it won't ever be fair.

That doesn't really mean anything to me. I don't play online RPGS. rofl

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

Exotic Kitty

Invisible Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:08 pm
True. The one thing I don't like about the weapon idea is that if they want to increase a specific thing in their stats they'll have to get a certain weapon for it..and that's bad cause it may create inflation. The rings are good in a way, but I think if there's a limit in the amount of rings a person can have, it would be really hard for them to decide which ring they really want to use (especially if they're good ones)

In a way the monsters look too cute...it's like they don't want you to attack them. xd

Record is a good idea cause I've noticed that with some guilds in RPG they do that (or some way similiar to it). But according to what I've noticed with the clans, some of them are picking specific (my guess is mainly the popular ones or the ones with a lot of people) for alliances. What makes me a bit annoyed with the clans thing is that if they have a lot of alliances that they'll become so powerful and such that they might destroy other clans, especially the new clans. I think they should have a limit in the alliances...but I think what would be good for gaia is the guilds. Once somebody creates their own clan, they'll probably make a guild so then they can do their own strategies and stuffs.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:43 pm
-You'd face the limit regardless of where the ability is equipped. It's a good idea to have a limit of five or so. Make people pick and choose between abilities, not just equip every one they obtain.

-They look like little creme puffs. Like those cute tutorial monsters in video games.

-Wouldn't be joining a clan almost be like joining a guild? Guilds/Clans will always struggle for attention and power from the bigger guilds/clans. Maybe gaia could implement a system where it kinda rates a clan and then matches it with another that would be suitable to battle againist. 3nodding

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

Exotic Kitty

Invisible Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:53 pm
The monsters..actually one of them reminds me of a monster in Ragnarok Online...very cute if you're a novice and wanted to face it..but if you're in a high level that would be really...dumb? Well can't find the exact word for it.

Yes it is..what makes me more annoyed (as I went through the clan threads) is that some people who make the clans have no sense of grammar...lots of chatspeak..but then again it's probably because of the ones I've seen. Anywhooo, I think that the guilds and clans should be combined together..like call it something else besides either of them..or they could do is call guild in the forums and clan in the battle system..but that would be a bit complicated because people can get confused.

Oh and that's a good idea for creating a system like that. Cause it would make it more fair..and gaia could have like a 'group' of which clans go to which one so then if there's one that's really powerful and a weak one is the one they have to be randomly picked, they can't be against a powerful one because they're in a different group. I really want gaia to have a limit on alliances..I've seen a lot of guilds that have so many alliances that I fear that one would be the 'all powerful one' in less than a week after the battle system was published.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:39 pm
That would be pretty bad if someone was like that. Maybe they could make it possible to sever the alliances with people. Once you're involved in so many groups, one would find it difficult to keep up with everything.

Yeah, it gets kinda pointless beating up puny monsters after a while.

Wouldn't clan battles happen in real time? If that's the case if would probably be faster for people to type as few letters as possible. I myself could never learn chatspeak so I guess I'll have a slower reaction time. xp There'll be others.

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

Exotic Kitty

Invisible Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:58 pm
That is true. Or they could do for the clans is have everyone start with a max amount of people and the more powerful the characters in the clan are, they can have some sort of a power (well the owner/leader) for them to add more people. And then the max could be 100 people or something like that.

True, but with the hot keys and stuffs, people can just press F1, F2, etc all very quickly instead of typing them.

But what I fear the most is that if there's clan battles that the people battling would have a lot of lag in their computers. For example, if there's 2 huge clans (both containing 50 people let's just say) and they're all fighting each other with their ring skills and weapons, the ring skills may create lag to some people (like me). I think that might be an issue that might occur with the clan battles...however as far as I heard, the clan battles (for now) are probably battles against the boss.

But if I were to solve the lag issue, I think that some people should have a switch for the animation (turn on and turn off) so then some people who think they're having a lot of lag can turn it off. And for the people who turn it off to figure out what skill it is can see on top of the avi's head the skill that they're using. Or a mini chat box that shows the skills that they use. It does solve the lag...I think.

Oh and what do you think about the dying part according to what they have given? (The whole if you die you turn into a 'ghost' thing)  
The Lobby

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff