Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
IDK, My BFF Jill? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Resplendent Eclipse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:09 pm
I've seen that comercial about 100 times, and it still gives my brain a roll. People at my highschool talk like that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:08 pm
Hackney Equine
Didn't the mother curse in that commerical? When she responded to the girl she said "That's what's SN... DANG F," but for the longest time I thought she was saying damn, it's so slurred.

I don't mind the commerical very much because it is making fun of how nonsensical it is. I liked better the other commerical where the mother and girl are yelling at each other like they are angry but saying things like "You're the greatest," and "I love you!"
Yeah, that one was hilarious. I loved it...

xDDDD  

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Fuku Taichou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:28 am
When I saw the title to this thread, it made me laugh. I really dislike that commercial. When I first saw, it, it really bugged the hell out of me. What bothers me even more is that the kid appears to be around ten years-old!!! I find it totally unnecessary for such a young person to be in need of a cell phone. So that being a long-lived pet peeve of mine only made the girl's stupid "BFF" crap bother me more. She seems so valley girl-ish, and also has no right to even complain that her mom's taking away her phone! She abused her privileges and since she's young and her parents pay for her phone, she gets it taken away. Yeah, the commercial bothers me on so many levels...

And to BrOkEn_____HeArT, shame on you for memorizing that!!! razz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:12 pm
xDDD

I saw it and I was, "Oh. My. God." Who could actually manage to do that? Speak in chatspeak, that is.  

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

cheapxtrick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:27 pm
It reminded me of what my friend Cathy used to be like. Remmber kids, friends dont let friends use "txt tlk"!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:13 pm
Someone in class wrote a paper using chatspeak once. It was in English class and the teacher wrote in big bold red letters, 'Use common sense.' I don't know how what she wrote had to do with chatspeak, but it was real funny.  

Ellenl

joannemily

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:32 am
One of my friends wrote a lab report last year and asked me to read it and I couldn't because the whole thing was full of "OMG" and "lol" and all sorts of insane abbreviations that didn't even make sense.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:52 pm
For your information this is how it goes:

"Just look at this bill!"

"Geez mom INBD (It's not a big deal)"

"It is a big deal! Just who have you been texting?"

"IDK my BFF Jill?"

"Well tell your bff Jill that I am taking your cell phone away"

The girl slams her cell phone into her mother's hand and walks away saying "TSNF!" (That's So Not Fair!)

"Me having to pay this bill is what is SNF!" (So not fair)  

Lily-Anne-Marie

[yin~yang]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:24 pm
Actually, it's

"OMG, INBD!"

and

"TISNF!"

I can't believe I'm correcting someone's chatspeak usage... >.>

Anyway, yeah.

SNF.

Mmhmm....

*awkward silence*  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:26 pm
I dunno if this was posted before, but:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Specter125

Organic Shadows

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:10 am
Fuku Taichou
I find it totally unnecessary for such a young person to be in need of a cell phone.

I'm only a year older than her, then, and I've had a cell phone for about three years now. It's good to have around. When I go outside or walk to the park, and I'm needed at home, they call me and I come. My family doesn't have to stomp around looking for some sixth-graders with nothing else to do. It really is useful. I don't use it all the time (I realize that kind of contradicts the previous sentence), for texting or calling people, just then. Quite handy, really.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:35 pm
SilverBellsAbove
... a smilie speaks a thousand words, and every time I see that commercial you can capture my emotions with a single nifty message board face:

scream

Talryk

xboxzombie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:01 am
Specter125
I dunno if this was posted before, but:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dont think so, either way, it's funny as ********.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:28 am
Man, I despise that commercial. blaugh

It's sad that I understand it all. x3

Would that make me bi-lingual? *laughs*  

iXenu

[ Echoing ][ Palaver ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:16 am
I don't even understand most of the things (text talk) in that commercial... @_@;;

People in school, at the end of last year, said, 'idk my bff Jill?' so many times I thought I'd scream. ><

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff