Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ Blood+ ]
Suggestions, Problems, Questions, and Comments. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YamiCheza
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:44 am
enigma_098
Beast Master Zelas
Yup. A Beta subforum was what I was thinking. I see it working something like, let's say I'm writing a fanfic (Blood + of course...) I'd post the chapter I was working on and people who wanted to Beta read could look at it and heap the much deserved lavish praise on it, er, that is, offer delicate and scintillating fine tuning tweeks... blaugh

And try not to laugh at the spelling mistakes, after re-reading something say 20+ times as you work on it you sometimes train your eyes to see something as being right even if it isn't... redface (I say this because I find I have the least amount of diffuculty getting other people to read anything I've written if I use "Notepad". The *.txt files are so simple that very few computers have a problem with them. But... no spell checker...)

After I finally get it right I could post it to a permanent place, wither here on the guild or up at fanfiction.net or wherever, and to save space the beta thread could be removed by the mods and the next chapter could be put up when ready. biggrin

Yeah, it's quite understandable the need for beta readers.Sometimes authors mostly need 2-3 beta readersto check the story for grammatical and spelling errors. Mmm, at least we having a beta reading forum, we could at least pinpoint the errors, help correct them and offer some tips and suggestions on the ongoing stories ^^.

~Wonder where I can find a beta reader... Maybe I'll find one after I finish the prologue >.>~

i've never beta read anything before, but i've got an awesome spell checker with my Microsft Word, but you've probably already got one of those. sweatdrop If you can't find anyone to beta read your fic, i can if you want. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:41 am
YamiCheza
enigma_098
Beast Master Zelas
Yup. A Beta subforum was what I was thinking. I see it working something like, let's say I'm writing a fanfic (Blood + of course...) I'd post the chapter I was working on and people who wanted to Beta read could look at it and heap the much deserved lavish praise on it, er, that is, offer delicate and scintillating fine tuning tweeks... blaugh

And try not to laugh at the spelling mistakes, after re-reading something say 20+ times as you work on it you sometimes train your eyes to see something as being right even if it isn't... redface (I say this because I find I have the least amount of diffuculty getting other people to read anything I've written if I use "Notepad". The *.txt files are so simple that very few computers have a problem with them. But... no spell checker...)

After I finally get it right I could post it to a permanent place, wither here on the guild or up at fanfiction.net or wherever, and to save space the beta thread could be removed by the mods and the next chapter could be put up when ready. biggrin

Yeah, it's quite understandable the need for beta readers.Sometimes authors mostly need 2-3 beta readersto check the story for grammatical and spelling errors. Mmm, at least we having a beta reading forum, we could at least pinpoint the errors, help correct them and offer some tips and suggestions on the ongoing stories ^^.

~Wonder where I can find a beta reader... Maybe I'll find one after I finish the prologue >.>~

i've never beta read anything before, but i've got an awesome spell checker with my Microsft Word, but you've probably already got one of those. sweatdrop If you can't find anyone to beta read your fic, i can if you want. 3nodding

Really? I'd really appreciate it if you did. I just started writing it, hopefully you and others beta read it before I post it in FF.net ^^. whee  

enigma_098
Vice Captain

YamiCheza
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:07 am
enigma_098
YamiCheza
enigma_098
Beast Master Zelas

Really? I'd really appreciate it if you did. I just started writing it, hopefully you and others beta read it before I post it in FF.net ^^. whee

biggrin no prob, just pm it to me when you're ready for me to beta it if we don't have that beta reading thread up like what the others have been talking about.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:24 pm
do you know where to find blood+ layouts?i don't like any on tektek.org  

Yuki_Cross1357

D-i-v-a
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:43 pm
saya_blood_plus1357
do you know where to find blood+ layouts?i don't like any on tektek.org

You can always take a code from tektek.org and modify little parts of it so that you like it, if you don't understand HTML, it's like practice.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:15 pm
Suggestion;

Perhaps us Crew members could have our own sub-forum to discuss "guild matters" with each other and you our leader in private.

Jessikenz

7,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100

D-i-v-a
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:16 pm
Hisokani
Suggestion;

Perhaps us Crew members could have our own sub-forum to discuss "guild matters" with each other and you our leader in private.

I guess that would be a good idea, for like problems within the guild that need to be resolved ^^

So I'll make that sub-forum and the BETA testing sub-forum tonight ^^

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:27 pm
Question. If there's someone who really isn't participating in discussions, and just needlessly bumping threads that are already on the first page, could one of you mods talk to her about maybe not doing that anymore? It's starting to be a drag to go into a thread with a new post and just see something pointless. cheese_whine  

Twisted Lady

Twisted Lady

Unstoppable Krampus

Shinygami

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:31 pm
Yeah, I'm sure Angel and I are talking about the same person, so there's no need to name names, but they are making it a pain to find a forum, think something good is being said, then all of a sudden: BUMP!

It's a total mood kill.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:24 pm
"Bump"-ing isn't allowed in the guild. I will check that out immediately. Thank you for inforimg us. I didn't realize somebody was doing that.  

YamiCheza
Crew

LookingForSomeOne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:50 am
Just watched episodes 5-8. When does Diva come out? I was uber excited when they mentioned her name already. (So obsessed w/ Diva stare )  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:18 am
Now, now, tht would be spoiling things... but there are lots of threads with episode discussions on the guild here, the answer might be there already...  

Beast Master Zelas

nanakichi

3,450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:17 am
hey guys! im back!..just in case u ddnt notice...
i havnt been active since december i think..and im sorry for that!
been really busy lately..so whats everyone been up to?..
am i posting in the wrong place?..kick me out if i am..i just couldnt find a forum that suits my apology and my hellos...but this forum said questions.........................comments..lol so yeah ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:18 am
My gosh I've been gone for so long! (I think)
So much school work... crying

So how's everybody? What's up? Anything new? ^.^

*browses through forums*  

Bl0odDiva

Shinigami Orphen07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:49 pm
this is going a bit off topic but i just have 2 ask... now that they (Adult Swim) has finished the dub of Blood+ (thank goodness), what's gonna replace it?  
[ Blood+ ]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff