Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Hanging out at the mall Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElieWolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:18 pm
Generally i don't cuz dressed in black and fishnets gets you no customer service scream The store employees act like i'm not there. And i don't have an arcade at my mall crying *jealous*  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:38 am
The reason why people won't service you is because running around acting like you're hot s**t in the mall because of your Tripp pants and trench coat and purposely presenting yourself for no other reason than to be oggled at by normal shoppers isn't what malls were created for.
I find it ridiculous to try to 'scare' people because you wear black and heavy make up.
I go to malls to shop, though only at few select stores.
[Hot Topic NOT included.]
One thing I do hate though is when I get treated poorly because I also look 'different' from the norm and it's all because of the bad rep most "mall goths" give.
That's why I'm treating this subject so harshly, it really annoys me.

THINK LONG AND HAARRRDD

ElieWolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:24 am
Kittay J0
The reason why people won't service you is because running around acting like you're hot s**t in the mall because of your Tripp pants and trench coat and purposely presenting yourself for no other reason than to be oggled at by normal shoppers isn't what malls were created for.
I find it ridiculous to try to 'scare' people because you wear black and heavy make up.
One thing I do hate though is when I get treated poorly because I also look 'different' from the norm and it's all because of the bad rep most "mall goths" give.
Actually i was just in black jeans, fishnet undershirt and black tee. not flaunty or anything and i was very polite.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:24 pm
Nightheartwolf
Kittay J0
Actually i was just in black jeans, fishnet undershirt and black tee. not flaunty or anything and i was very polite.

Well then you, my friend, are a victim of all of the other idiots running around and giving anyone dressing remotely similar a bad name.  

THINK LONG AND HAARRRDD

xxxdeletemexxx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:17 pm
I think it's more fun to dress up in full lolita garb and prance over to the Sanrio store. XD Besides, I'd sadly look like a mallgoth if I ever REALLY dressed up. *looks like a middle schooler*
Usually a friend and I just walk around, going in every single store, usually only buying candy, shoelaces, or something like that... People stare, but it's fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:56 am
I never really goth out to much when I go out. I did it at school a few times, but everyone was ok about it. The people at my school don't hate goths, they make fun of my friends and myself sometimes, but generally they're pretty mellow about everything so it's hard to scare them (but when it does happen it's GREAT!! ...I did not mean to sound like Tony the Tiger there). The most gothed out I ever went to school was in a long black trench coat, a cross necklace with a fake dagger on the end, and DAST BOOTS! (Dast boots is my friends name for my three inch vinal boots that go up to my knees with straps and rubber spikes the whole way up). I always got a lot of comments from the boots. When ever my friends or I want attention we're generally much louder in our approach. Like blasting Spice Girls off my iPod stero and dancing to Spice Up Your Life. Or we dance to The Time Warp or Cotton Eye Joe. Some town favorites. ^_^  

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

DeaTh_WiLL_CoNQuER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:49 am
Soviet_Viking
Soda Ex Machina
I use our mall solely for arcadey and snacky purposes. Malls irk me.

I got yelled at (and kicked off stare ) for using the DDR machine while wearing 3-inch stompy heels.

And I didn't even get my 3 tokens back.
crying

Oy vey. We'd never do that to anybody at ours. Actually, we have some of the biggest dudes come play and they're the best players we got, and our machine still survives. whee We're too busy worrying about people beating the hell out of our punching machine and putting Filipino coins into our golden dollar games to worry about DDR XD
xD Lol...being a Flipino, myself..I'd lol on that, one of the country's coins is the same size and shape as a quarter, that's why we can get away with it sometimes. Though, I'm not saying that I do that...lol..^^;; I don't even have those coins anymore anyways -- Lives in America.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:45 am
Sorry too say, but it sounded like you wanted to brag with your gothicness.

But it was wrong that he kicked you out for that

i-- M a r i e --i

Divinity Rage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:38 am
*chuckles* I'll go overboard if I head to the nearby uberpreppy upscale mall/village, it's so funny watching the Abercrombie and Fitch clerks squirm when I walk in.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:17 am
Kittay J0
*agrees* 3nodding

i-- M a r i e --i

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:20 am
Shikkyaku Tenshi
How many of you have actually dressed as goth as possible like I mean almost to the point of over kill and just hung out in a store at the mall for no reason. This weekend i happened to do that I put my black trench on my bad a** boots that I traded my soul for and black lipstick white foundation and black nail polish. So I went in to Hollister and the guy at the counter couldn't take his eyes off me. after about 10 minutes of browsing the store and laughing to myself about all the people looking at me like I'm about to blow the place up...He kicks me out. He says I was loitering and causing a public disturbence So I complyed walked out and laughed my butt off. Have any of you done something similar?

I have gone to the mall all dressed in my goth stuff, but I was just being stared at by people, and some of them asked me fi I was lost which made me laugh quite a bit... I have never been thrown out of store though while being in the mall for what I was wearing  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:44 pm
You know what is great, when you dress really goth and stuff and walk into hollister and like brush against the clothes. They start freaking out.  

tears_of_blood_452

MediaclCunt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:07 pm
I make fun of those kids who hang at the mall. They're all such big posers. Two years ago, when I went to Deptford with my (currently ex) best friend's mom and brothers,plus one of our other friends, they were all hanging outside thinking they were hardcore because they were smoking, had their makeup ridiculously done,and were blasting cKy. When we got into the mall, there was more crowded around a DDR machine. We went to Hot Topic and the store was full of a different group of kindergoths. They got thrown out,though. When we were leaving, we yelled s**t at the kids from before,who were still sitting outside.They said something back,but, we weren't listening. We were too busy laughing at them.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:29 am
I never actually went totally overboard simply to annoy people, though I have to say...it's pretty hilarious to just walk around acting strange sometimes. XD

Usually I get more compliments than sneers, though. Pretty much the only time I get heckled is when I walk by the high school and all those lovely children are driving by yelling "emo" out of their cars. Woohoo! Aren't you tough? Anyway...

Little kids always seem to take a liking to me. Not sure why, really. One time this little girl pointed to my spikey choker and said something like "Cool! I want one like that!" heh. Her mother looked frightened.  

perrenthezombie

Suicide Lollies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:08 pm
Kittay J0
Well said.
Though I don't live in America, I have noticed an alarming trend with 'mall goths' going to malls to 'scare' people. Childish behaviour if you ask me.
You should always behave well and polite when you go out. It's common manners. It shouldn't matter if you're a goth or not.
If you act rude to someone, they're going to assume that all goths are rude. It gives the subculture a bad reputation it doesn't deserve.

@Krypta9: Aw. That's cute.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces