Yes
  No
View Results

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:55 am
-Resurrected Writer-
Hosoi-Chan_Angel
Amberfreak
I'm 12 and proud to be Emo. Period. Not that my parents care for it much, but I'm me. And not even my parents can change me. *Bows and fades away*

I wish I could say that for myself sad my parents can easily force me to take off the black lipstick and wear something bright yellow instead of the darkness i usually wear. The only time they can't tell me what to wear is when I'm going to a friend's party. At least one of us twelve year olds is allowed to be herself! You go girl cool

Ehhh... I'm none too fond of black lipstick, myself. I've rarely ever seen it look good on anyone.
Dark purple or dark blue lipstick might work, though, if you're willing to try them.
Especially if someone has really yellow teeth...then black lipstick makes it kinda scary.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:32 pm
if you want to avoid bullies if ur school has them, try make friends in older grades
and dont act all weird
but you can be weird if you want
but not so kids wont like you

Im Deceased

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:49 am
gothindenial
Is anyone here still in school? I'm in Year 9 and am looking for tips and etc. for looking more gothic in school. We have to wear uniforms and can't have unnatural hair colour, so that limits it a bit. stare Also cool makeup ideas! heart
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Any funny stories regarding school or teachers etc.? ...Or ways to help stop bullies crying

Wear eyeliner, and you could try, and pull off arm warmers, and if that doesn't work you can wear black long socks, and maybe wear black lip stick, but I don't know how the school would feel about the lip stick  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:54 pm
isnt rebellion fun xd
especially when you've got so many to back you
all awesome suggestions btw&&just little things like a wallet chain perhaps, or some sort of pendant necklace, rings, etc...  

dark_LordBeld

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:46 pm
Liss Carroll
Julien_Isfange

I've been out of school for a good 8 years now and I'm here to tell you fashion is over rated.

Thank you Julien, Thank you.

I just graduated from University this past May, and there's nothing that makes you fit to the norm for a while like Job interviews.

That being said, I went to a Notre Dame High school. We too had strict uniform policies, the summer skirts were measured by having the girls kneel once a week to show that their skirts were only 1 inch above the knee. My Friend who naturally had Bright Orange hair was constantly told to dye it back. I understand.

That being said, I look at it from the Graduated perspective of - who in the world puts that much effort into their appearance in the morning?? Freshman year I was right in there with everyone else wearing my PJs to my 8:30, 9:55, & 11:20 classes. As said before, it takes work to Goth out properly, and who has time when you have to write a 10 page paper in 2 hours?

If you don't like the uniform you're wearing, I suggest that you think about why you're going to school there. Is it simply that your parents "want you to have a better education"? Or that the school is a better alternative to the drug and bomb-scare-tastic public high school like my local one was? Uniforms are made to level the playing field at least in appearances, even if we all know that they don't do that good of a job.
Furthermore, remember, you only have to wear the uniform from the moment classes start to the moment they end. What's that? 7:50 am - 2:30 pm? 6 hours or so? Chin up, that's not so bad. It's no three-piece suit.
And I'm going to stop now before it sounds like I'm lecturing... -.-*

If your rings are regulated, how about bracelets? Earrings? If they don't like bracelets, you can wear lots of brass-less hair ties - you can claim a reason for them. Do you wear glasses? If so, you can find some gothy-tastic frames. They wouldn't be able to chastise you for eyeglasses. If you're into chains randomly about, do you have a hard time keeping track of your keys and wallet? Attach chains to them. If there's an honest purpose to it, you should have an argument. I'm surprised the fishnet gloves would pass. Play around with your shoe laces. Wear muggle clothing under your uniform if you can. As Julien says, it's in the little things.
A friend of mine in HS pulled off the look with only her glasses, simple eye-liner, and those wire loop choker necklaces. (tell me someone else remembers those)

I loved those chokers!!! I had one...and then my cat ate it. *sigh* I am looking for a replacement, so I hope they come out with more of them...

Anyway, I quite agree with Liss. Getting properly gothed out is a LOT of work...I'm years out of school and I don't bother most days. I've actually discovered that just wearing dark clothing (you can do the dark clothing options your school allows) maintaining a clean complexion (I'm quite pale and seldom wear makeup) and a somber look have been quite effective in keeping me "gothy". That, and a bag with my favorite books, sketchbook and journal, displays who I am quite effectively (and allows me to sleep in till 6:30!)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:36 am
I am done with school  

Devils_lilboy

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:58 pm
Blackrose Kaire
-Resurrected Writer-
Hosoi-Chan_Angel
Amberfreak
I'm 12 and proud to be Emo. Period. Not that my parents care for it much, but I'm me. And not even my parents can change me. *Bows and fades away*

I wish I could say that for myself sad my parents can easily force me to take off the black lipstick and wear something bright yellow instead of the darkness i usually wear. The only time they can't tell me what to wear is when I'm going to a friend's party. At least one of us twelve year olds is allowed to be herself! You go girl cool

Ehhh... I'm none too fond of black lipstick, myself. I've rarely ever seen it look good on anyone.
Dark purple or dark blue lipstick might work, though, if you're willing to try them.
Especially if someone has really yellow teeth...then black lipstick makes it kinda scary.

*shiver* I know how you feel...

Different things look good on different people, so if you see some pants you like, make sure they look good on you before you buy them, otherwise they could end up looking pretty awkward. Just because it looks good on someone doesn't mean it will look good on you. If you a larger person, horizontal stripes will just make you look even larger, so choose something with vertical stripes instead.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:38 pm
hasnt been in school in maybe 13 years.. chuckles  

VampyreofGraves

cherrybomb420

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:39 pm
I start collage this October but as for 9th grade, things should be pretty easy. Just dont get caught up in gossip and tryin to be popular  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:32 pm
im 11th...! i'm not that gothic but i'm more emo...so its an unhealthy balance!!&  

AidenRose Masen

5,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Befriended 100

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:42 pm
I'm in 9th grade. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:56 am
Sorry about the school rules,that must suck...

Well,I'd say take that uniform and fix it up a bit.somebody suggested lacing the back,but i dont think your school would approve of that. buy a pack of safety pins and some pins/buttons,you'll be suprised at how easy it if to turn a uniform goth.

by the discription of you uniform,the checkered skirt or dress or whatever the ******** it is thats not that bad,checkers rock!

for your backpack or bag or whatever put some studs on it,and maybe some band patches.

makeup and jewelry are good too.

Makeup:I am warning you right now,DO NOT,i repeat DO NOT do racoonish or Kiss makeup,for the love of the fluffy llama gods DON'T DO THAT!
For makeup id say do a little bit of black eyeliner,and an eyeshadow that goes good with your tone of skin.i personally dont care for lipstick,but a nice red would be good(save the black for the weekend).

and jewlery,well buy a necklace or two,maybe a nice choker.whatever fits your taste.if you have your ears pierced just some simple small silver hoops would be nice. and some bracelets would be good aswell.

before i end this,if you like the punk look(its cool)or you want them for any reason DO NOT GET TUNNELS IN YOUR EARS!
TO EVERYONE HERE,DO NOT GET THEM!they are so ******** ugly *shudders*  

Stargazer Dante

psychoticXqutip

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:30 pm
10th
grade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:47 pm
Im a Sophomore in high school m/  

Maggot4life91

tears_of_blood_452

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:52 pm
You should try some liquid eye liner or something. Can you have it running down your face? You could also do some pretty desines around your eyes or something.
here are a few links

http://erinmckenzie11.tripod.com/imagelib/sitebuilder/misc/show_image.html?linkedwidth=actual&linkpath=http://erinmckenzie11.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/goth.jpg&target=tlx_new

http://i5.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/a1/ff/814e_1.JPG

http://images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/654/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_488457.jpg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs11/300W/i/2006/217/e/7/Portrait_of_A_Lady_by_misericordia.jpg&imgrefurl=http://evangelist.blog.cz/0701/gothic-make-up&h=223&w=300&sz=23&hl=en&start=381&tbnid=m3oqcIzdUghu3M:&tbnh=86&tbnw=116&prev=/images?q=goth+makeup&start=378&gbv=2&ndsp=18&svnum=10&hl=en&sa=N

I'm not used to rules like that. The main dress code is cover the 4 bs. "Boobs, back, butt, and belly" Other than that, we have free range. I kinda live in the "ghetto" so they just don't really care. right now my hair ia blond, black, red, and brown. I have some friends with like green mohawks and stuff. It gets really crazy.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff