Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Flamer42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:38 pm
Maybe they could hit the broad side of a barn then...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:41 pm
Flamer42
Maybe they could hit the broad side of a barn then...
no, they would be too jittery. and they aren't that bad at shooting. they just can't hit the main characters for some unexplained reason. hmm. another topic. why can't stormies hit crap?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:42 pm
because, every good guy has a natural aura of goodness, which deflects all deadly attacks, or if it fails, brings them back to life.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:46 pm
Nelowulf
because, every good guy has a natural aura of goodness, which deflects all deadly attacks, or if it fails, brings them back to life.
must be that light side thing.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Flamer42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:08 pm
Go light side.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:39 pm
hey, what kind of alien is yoda? is he like a mamal or a reptile?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:43 pm
i mean, bad guys don't die as easily.. they grow more powerful after "dying" but they never come back from teh dead.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:48 pm
True...  

Flamer42

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:10 pm
Nelowulf
i mean, bad guys don't die as easily.. they grow more powerful after "dying" but they never come back from teh dead.
what about the reborn emperor?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:23 pm
Wasn't he a clone. That does not entirely count though on a level I guess it would.  

Flamer42

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:50 am
In addition, I think there is that level of irony in the universe, where it likes to the opposite of what you think. The Star Wars universe is chock full of examples.

The Rebels, well, they kinda know it's a tough cause. Most expect to die. Thusly, they live. For them, the greater the chance of dying on an insane mission, the greater the odds of success.

The Imperials, on the other hand, are secure in their power. They expect to easily crush the Rebels, so they die. For them, the easier it should be, the better the chance of failure and/or death.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:05 am
jedi_master_tenku
In addition, I think there is that level of irony in the universe, where it likes to the opposite of what you think. The Star Wars universe is chock full of examples.

The Rebels, well, they kinda know it's a tough cause. Most expect to die. Thusly, they live. For them, the greater the chance of dying on an insane mission, the greater the odds of success.

The Imperials, on the other hand, are secure in their power. They expect to easily crush the Rebels, so they die. For them, the easier it should be, the better the chance of failure and/or death.
this does seem to be the case. very good point.

one more thing about the stormies' accuracy. do you think it could be to clone inbreeding? think of it. clonetroopers were frightingly efficiant troopers in the day. stormies are the descendants of the clones. since jango is dead, they use clone DNA to make more clones. wouldn't flaws apear in theri genetic make up after 20 some years of clone production?  

Sol Walker
Crew

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:11 am
Good point. Though I'm still annoyed that they went back and made them all clones. It was fine the way they were. Plus, doesn't that kind of kill a lot fo the other stuff, like PROMOTION, since none of the officers are clones in the movies, and Luke and Han's whole getting through the first Death star plan.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:16 am
jedi_master_tenku
Good point. Though I'm still annoyed that they went back and made them all clones. It was fine the way they were. Plus, doesn't that kind of kill a lot fo the other stuff, like PROMOTION, since none of the officers are clones in the movies, and Luke and Han's whole getting through the first Death star plan.
I was always under the assumption that the clone wars were fought with the republic fighting AGAINST an army of madelorians and clones. when the republic started to lose, they made their own clones against the protests of the jedi. thats how I always thought the clone wars happened. then ATOC came out.  

Sol Walker
Crew

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:21 am
From the way they made it sound in the original when Ben was telling Luke about the Clone Wars, it had happened a while back, and it was done, and clones were a thing of the past.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff