Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Knittalong Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ryoaie

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:16 pm
i love the idea of a knitalong...

but the pattern you have for the first one is a little below my interest.

perhaps we can have a few running at one time? maybe an advanced one and a novice one?  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:33 pm
ryoaie

perhaps we can have a few running at one time? maybe an advanced one and a novice one?

do you have a pattern suggestion? maybe an intermediate level and an advanced level so that we could have one for all interest levels?  

firrantello

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:29 pm
ryoaie

don't let us stop you, you are more than free to set one up if you like... though I don't know how many people want to do 2 at the same time...maybe week or 2 after this one starts?
but what ever, you don't have to lissen to me, if you want to go ahead, be my guest 3nodding I love to knit and the more chantses for me to knit stuff up the better.  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:27 am
I've got a whole mess of free patterns linked to on my blog, if you're interested. Ordered by type, for the most part.  

Zahra Ovaci

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:03 pm
Zahra Ovaci
I've got a whole mess of free patterns linked to on my blog, if you're interested. Ordered by type, for the most part.
I love your blog. You have GREAT taste in patterns. I visit every once in a while to look at the new patterns you've dug up and linked. biggrin I've already found quite a few you've linked to that I want to knit up. whee heart  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:26 pm
Zahra Ovaci

oh, thanks. i found quite a few i might give a whirl sometime.  

firrantello

Zahra Ovaci

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:06 pm
Peppermint Elf
Zahra Ovaci
I love your blog. You have GREAT taste in patterns. I visit every once in a while to look at the new patterns you've dug up and linked. biggrin I've already found quite a few you've linked to that I want to knit up. whee heart

Oh wow, thanks ^_^ I know I've been on a big shawl kick for a while now, so most of my new stuff has been those. I also heartily suggest interlibrary loan if you can get access to it, there are a surprising number of really good knitting books you can get your hands on that way. With me, I'm picky about what books I want to buy, so if I borrow a book, return it, and two months later I'm still wishing I had it, I go ahead and pick it up. So far that's left me with 3 out of 4 of Nancy Bush's sock books, that 'Socks, socks, socks' one (really good texture patterns will sucker me in every time), and the Barbara Walker stitch treasuries. Right now 'A Gathering of Lace' is sitting on the backburner of my mind. I'm probably going to get it next month some time.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:34 am
I'm resurrecting it in hopes of setting up a more difficult knitalong to see if more people join or not.
I think Zahra Ovaci, had some nice patterns. I tried the Isabeau Purse and had pretty good sucess. In fact, I bought the pattern for the handbag/tote to give it a second run.
Would anyone be interested in doing any of those three patterns for a KAL? It is more difficult than the dice bags, but not so hard you'd be pulling your hair out (I don't think at least)

firrantello

firrantello

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:32 am
So, is this idea dead and should I stop resurrecting it or what?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:05 am
firrantello
I'm interested... just not in the current project. sweatdrop  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

firrantello

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:45 pm
Peppermint Elf
firrantello
*points a few posts up* i did try to start discussions about a new one.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:24 pm
firrantello
Peppermint Elf
firrantello
But I barely use the one bag I already did make. sweatdrop I'm just not a bag type girl. I suggest wrist warmers/arm warmers next. They're fairly easy and can be knitted flat or in the round.

Perhaps loosen the guidelines. Give a bunch of patterns as examples and let everyone choose their own from the list or provide a link to the one they want to do. Same could be done for hats, mittens, scarves, sweaters, cozys, socks, slippers, etc.

An ice cream carton cozy would be pretty summery, easy, and quick. 3nodding

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

firrantello

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:44 pm
Peppermint Elf
firrantello
Peppermint Elf
firrantello
But I barely use the one bag I already did make. sweatdrop I'm just not a bag type girl. I suggest wrist warmers/arm warmers next. They're fairly easy and can be knitted flat or in the round.

Perhaps loosen the guidelines. Give a bunch of patterns as examples and let everyone choose their own from the list or provide a link to the one they want to do. Same could be done for hats, mittens, scarves, sweaters, cozys, socks, slippers, etc.

Would you say do a theme one, rather than a pattern one then? Also, if people throw patterns out they like, it'd make setting one up easier. I think my tastes just don't seem to correlate with a lot of other people's, so... yeah. Help would be great sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:34 pm
firrantello
Peppermint Elf
firrantello
Peppermint Elf
firrantello

Would you say do a theme one, rather than a pattern one then? Also, if people throw patterns out they like, it'd make setting one up easier. I think my tastes just don't seem to correlate with a lot of other people's, so... yeah. Help would be great sweatdrop
A theme would be easier. Like you said, everyone's tastes differ. But if we had a theme instead of a pattern, I'm sure more people would be able to scrounge up a pattern they'd personally like. It'll also be more interesting for people who don't knit to see what everyone else chooses. 3nodding  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas