Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply *Fantasy RPs* (Elves, Medieval, Exc)
Trial of Heros II (Important message on Pg. 59) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bortelex

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:25 am
"I would sooner die in battle than be classified a noble," Ezorin said while walking and thinking, How could Tramer have known I was born a noble, or did he guess. Ezorin started to get disoriented by the crowd, which didn't usually happen to him. After a while they where by a tree near the road. He said to Tramer, "why are we here," while Tramer seemed to be talking to the tree. "Who," he asked after Tramer said the name. Ezorin was to fight in division two so he had some time before his fights.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:50 am
Kendra moaned. She was regretting her lie, truely not wanting anyone to recognize her. "Just a little....stage fright...." She muttered, not wanting them to know her past and therefore the true reason she was nervous.  

Dragonmaster1251

maurikal
Crew

7,050 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:56 am
While smiling at the young woman who appeared unsettled, Clover felt familiar arms wrapped around her. Since his presence was always calming to her she knew that it was Epotheros who had hugged her from behind. Relaxing into him she playfully smacked one of his arms, “You’re all sticky.” Truthfully she didn’t care. “Good match” she congratulated him before he bade her good luck. “Thank you,” she gently squeezed the arm she had previously hit.

Returning her attention to Kendra, Clover apprehensively removed herself from Epotheros’ arm and gave the girl a reassuring pat on the shoulder. “It’ll be alright. I’m sure you’ll do great. You’ll want to calm yourself a bit though or else your aim might suffer,” Clover suggested. Since Clover only wanted to compete to be able to shoot again, she had no real desire to win. If it helped this girl in some way than she truly hoped that Kendra would leave victorious. With that though Clover wasn’t going to just roll over either. No, she would give her all.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:56 am
Rolling her eyes at the man with her loved one, Larien called down to Tramer but remained to be unseen by the newcomer.
"You truely have lost it now Tramer, talking to trees and all."
Jumping down from the branch she resumed her more elf like apperance as she stepped closer to Tramer.
"Who is your friend?"  

Ryu` Ketsueki
Captain

5,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Captain Fox McCloud
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:18 pm
The announcer for the archery competition called forth the last call for all participants to go to their designated slots. It would be two against two and they will have to aim at a target which they get three shots. The closest mark to the bullseye will win the match.

(( I will not over see the archery contest, because I have used all my spare imagination is currentlybeing used on english papers and my webcomic. Speaking of my webcomic, if you like video games or like to laugh at people who play video games check it out. I just started it so it's only three pages in, but I've already got 110 hits in two days! http://www.drunkduck.com/Nin_jas/index.php?p=297984 ))  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:32 pm
Kendra quickly pinned her hair up in a bun at the back of her head before heading to get ready for the competition. When the officials offered her arm gaurds, she declined. "No thank you, they only get in my way." She explained, happily excepting the bow and quiver.  

Dragonmaster1251

Captain Fox McCloud
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:59 pm
Dragonmaster1251
Kendra quickly pinned her hair up in a bun at the back of her head before heading to get ready for the competition. When the officials offered her arm gaurds, she declined. "No thank you, they only get in my way." She explained, happily excepting the bow and quiver.

((You might want to write up a few matches as well so we don't delve to deep into the tournament.))  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:15 pm
((kay you lost me there. I'm brain dead this week, the ash and soot in the air is getting to me.
So, can you kinda explain that in stupid people terms for me please?))  

Dragonmaster1251

Captain Fox McCloud
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:26 pm
Dragonmaster1251
((kay you lost me there. I'm brain dead this week, the ash and soot in the air is getting to me.
So, can you kinda explain that in stupid people terms for me please?))

((Well do what I did for Epotheros. Write your own contest with npcs. I don't want to have a bunch of multiple posts for each person. I am also going to guess you live in California.))  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:33 pm
((yeah, right smack dab in the middle of all the fires so its pretty bad where i live.))

Kendra looked around and gulped. Her team mate was a big filthy man, who to her resembled a pig. He smiled down at her suggestively, and she withdrew, her face showing her disgust. He frowned and turned forward, grabbing and arrow out of the ground. He notched it, and then loosed the arrow. It flew and barely went over the top of the target. Kendra grabbed the next arrow, notched it, aimed just a little above the bulls eye before she loosed it. It landed somewhere near the edge of the bulls-eye, but it was still in.
The opposing team got it just on the line, making Kendra's team the winners. In only two shots. Her team mate continued to sulk, mostly because the way she had so coldly rejected him. If she didn't want him, they weren't going to win.
The next time around, she managed to get one shot in, again winning fairly easily.
The last match, however, the oppenents were quite skilled, making it in the bulls-eye each time. She could've beat them, barely, but her team-mate managed to shot all three arrows, missing each one. He smiled evily at her. "To bad for you, miss. You were very good, and came far."  

Dragonmaster1251

maurikal
Crew

7,050 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:26 pm
Taking a standard bow and arrow from the proctor Clover regretted leaving her preferred weapons strapped to Alfie’s saddle. Shrugging off the unfamiliar feel of the bow she readied herself in stance. She had already decided to ignore everything around her. The only thing that dominated her concentration was the target in front of her and the steady tug of the wind. She knew that the day was generally windless and that what she felt was encouragement from her element.

Clover easily bested the first shot, hitting the left outer edge of the bulls-eye. Seeing as her life was dependent on her skills as an archer before the quest against Zant, each shot was fluid and appeared effortless. Her next two shots were grouped in the same area one nearly at the bulls-eye’s center while the other was sunk directly between the two, all were tightly packed together. After her team was declared the winner within that small preliminary she was happy to see that the person she had been partnered with had shot just as well as she had. For some reason she found that watching others succeed was rather satisfying. She took note of the elder man’s form. There was no doubt that this man had lived a long life, and probably gained much experience at art of archery. Excitement bubbled within her, hoping that she would be matched against him eventually.

They advanced quite quickly, and Clover was amazed that the elder shooting beside her was a keen shot. Unlike her, his precision was on every time, hitting directly the center of the bulls-eye and grazing each arrow with it’s predecessor. Once their final match of the day began, Clover was determined to shot just as well as the elder beside her. Still, even with her undeterred concentration her grouped shots lacked the precision of his and she couldn’t help, but feel that she would drag him down if they were set up against skilled archers. Fortunately their opponents had barely made it this far and they succeeded against them with ease.

Now all she had to do was wait until tomorrow for the last few match ups. Clover smiled at the elder as they left the shooting grounds. “You’re a very skilled archer, sir,” she smiled warmly at the man.

“As are you, young one. There’s no doubt that you have lived with a bow in her hand,” the man’s voice was kind and had a wise tone that only came with age.

“Thank you, sir. I wish you the best of luck in tomorrow’s matches,” with that said Clover left to look for Kendra to see how she faired. Then she wanted to find Epotheros. Surely he was begining to bore of waiting today’s archery event to end.

((Classes tend to drain any and all creativity from even the most innovative minds. In my case I think Chemistry is slowly eating away at my very will to live.(just exaggerating) Eeek, California does seem to be going through some tough times. Well I hope you stay safe, away from those fires.))

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:33 pm
Kendra walked back out to the waiting area, where she had last seem Kendra. All she was thankful for was that nobody had seemed to notice her, and in turn no gaurds had crowded her and dragged her out of the tournament. She took all the pins out, her braid once again falling down by her back, reaching her hip.  

Dragonmaster1251

Captain Fox McCloud
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:44 pm
((I remeber a few years back during the hayman fire ash fell where I lived and the sun was red.))

Epotheros was waiting for Clover by the edge of the grounds leaning aginst the fence post. He had a clear veiw of the archery range, but it was quite obvious by his expression that he was very bored. When he saw Clover nearing him his face lit up and he went to greet her, likely relieved that he didn't have to watch any more projectals hit a target over and over again.

"Good job my dear!" he congradulated her when she neared. "I'm sure if you used the wind you would have hit the center every single time," he assured her. "Now we need to washup and change into more formal cloathing, because the dinner will start less than an hour after the jousting match.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm
The man from earlier approached Kendra. "Hey, girly. How are you? Disappointed that we lost? I guess yyou learned that no one rejects me." He snarled.
"Get away from me you filthy pig." She muttered, somewhat distantly.
He grew enraged and swung a huge dirty fist at her.
Kendra realized what was now taking place and ducked before lifting the fron of her dress and sprinting, the gaurds now racing after both her and the big man chasing her. As far as they were concerned both took part in the fight. She raced past first Clover, then mater Tramer. She said nothing as she swiftly ran by, finally findind a hiding spot behind a vacant jewelery counter. She stayed quiet whith regaining her breath, hoping the owner did not return soon. She noticed the prettiest Topaz ring and grabbed. She left some gold coins in it's place and slipped the ring on her thumb, admiring it.  

Dragonmaster1251

maurikal
Crew

7,050 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:10 pm
Smiling as Epotheros greeted her, Clover nodded to his comment. If she had used the wind as an advantage then all of her shots would have been right on, but then that wouldn’t have been nearly as challenging. “Are you looking forward to mingling with the nobles?” she asked with a bit of mirth. As they walked away Clover looked around for any sing of Kendra; she had really hoped to asked the girl how she had done. Then two people rushed past her and Epotheros and it took her a few moments before she realized that Kendra was one of the fleeting figures. Clover quirked an eyebrow and turned to Epotheros, "Do you think she'll be alright?" She wasn't quite sure what to make of the whole scene.

((Crazy stuff. Living in the Appalachian Valley I’ve never witnessed a forest fire. It must been a tad bit depressing, seeing all that foliage burn away. Then again it gives way for new vegetation to grow.))

*Fantasy RPs* (Elves, Medieval, Exc)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff