Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Twilight vs. Harry Potter Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you prefer, Twilight or Harry?
  Twilight- Rowling better watch her back cuz here comes Stephanie!!
  If only Harry Potter had vampires... *sigh*
  Sorry Steph, but... I was loyal to Harry first so....
  I could never ever choose
  I choose to remain silent on the gounds that may encriminate me
View Results

[[.sheryl.]]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:00 am
IMO, Stephenie is a lot better than Rowling. The Twilight series has sort of got more action but also enough description to make things clear, but isn't boring. Harry Potter, on the other hand, just seems a bit boring sometimes... especially the first few books. Sometimes the storyline gets confusing for me as well, because the books are really long and I get tired of it pretty quickly. With Twilight and New Moon and Eclipse, although they're sort of long (still shorter than the HP series though) they still seem to get my attention. I prefer the HP movies over the HP books.

They are pretty different books though, so it's a bit hard comparing the two. I still like the Twilight series more, though >.>  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:23 pm
Twiligtht is so much better than Harry Potter. In Twilight u have romance and love but in Harry Potter its mainly action and magic. ( Also J.K. Rowling got rid of some of the best characters. )  

hp_bookworm

Reikage-Sanshi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:50 pm
Well both stimulate the supernatural world.

Yet Stephanie its more on the romance of being in love with a vampire.. While J.K. Rowling goes about a boy who wants revenge... though its still good.

Eh I like them for different reasons.. then again there are a lot of favorite authors I have.

Hey has anyone been watching Moonlight at all??  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:11 pm
I never read harry potter
i don't care for harry potter
Twilight is so much better!
Not even comparable!  

xbookxwormx

PiiKA x chu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:17 pm
Okay, here's my whole problem.
I've been obsessed with Harry Potter since the first book came out.
But when I read Twilight, it just blew my whole Harry Potter obsession out the window.
I LOVE Harry Potter, but Twilight is so addicting...like herion. XP
Although I haven't been able to read the 7th book yet, but it kind of got ruined because people blabbed about what happens.
Dear god, why must decisions be this hard!?
It's just that Twilight hasa so much romance and suspense!
And maybe it's because Harry Potter is older. But I love all the magic!
I have to say tie, but I have a feeling that it isn't...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:00 pm
If we consider the fact that Harry's been my obsession for 7 years while the Twilight series for only a month, then I guess I'd have to say Harry.
But if you consider the intensity of the obsession...I think Twilight wins.

OpalGirl

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • Voter 100

Saline Everwood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:14 pm
The hp books are okay. But I'll have to say twilight wins for me. It's addiciting for me. But that's probably has to do with my obsession with vampires. Besides vampires are hot. Magic is okay. Still twilight wins. biggrin

Hey I just thought of something hoe about a vampire that has magic like a wizard or a witch. Now that would be awsome.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:14 pm
I love twilight better!  

Priestress of darkness

bipolar biohazard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:05 pm
I was obsessed with the Harry Potter series since like 3rd grade, but i like the Twilight series better because it seems like more real and believeable.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:43 pm
I know that it may not look it, but I really am a Harry Potter fan first and foremost. My main reason? J.K.'s books gave us the wonders that is Harry/Draco! Stephanie... your fans are great and all, but they're dedication to canon is a little... how to say this without getting myself beaten up or banned? Umm... fanatical. You have no idea how hard it was for me to find people who like alternative pairings for the Twilight series...

Twilight.  

Twilight Scribe

skiittle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:54 am
TWILIGHT HARRY SUCKS

Sorry, It sucks compared to Twilight...
TWILIGHT IS FRIGGY AWESOME!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:19 pm
there is no competition!!!!! twilight all the way!!! i can't believe you even asked!! ((note from the friend: just so u no, she's a hipocrit.)) btw, i am not, she's just jealous cuz i read all 3 books!!! domokun  

[.Julia.]

soy_sawce

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:48 pm
I know I read all the way to the 7th book and all but....the first book, Twilight, is the bomb!!!!! It's so better than all the Harry Potter books combined! I know the 7th book was also the bomb but Twilight is the bomber!!! (lol I know it's not a word)

so yeah thats pretty much my opinion.

Staphanie all the way!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:46 pm
The Twilight series is way better! I think its way more intesting than Harry Potter. Plus, I really, REALLY don't like Harry Potter stare  

angelic ice maiden

darkstar_skyyy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:32 pm
twilight is better as a book

BUT.

harry potter is better generally thinking
and its the type of book i could read forever
and never get tired
also, the characters are interesting..
and in twilight,
the ppl are just like

some girl called Jessica