Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vakruz

Familiar Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:22 am
Sweet guild idea. I decided to join as soon as I heard of it. XD

My name's Matt, and I'm 19 years old. txt tlk (or netspeak, as I call it) is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves. I'll admit to using ROFLs and OMFGs when chatting with friends, but if u talk lik ths 2 me, I tend to see it as a sign of disrespect. Looking forward to being a part of a guild that shares at least similar views. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:59 am
I'm Renee, a literate 16-year-old and from what people have told me, a total bore. My goal is to be a Historian of the Renaissance era, and my main interests are reading, animanga, and trying to learn the piano.

Nice to meet you.  

Pure_Sango

Kadeejah Seshat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:09 pm
Hi there, all! I'm very glad to have finally found this guild, since every time I saw the banner, it wasn't linked back. sweatdrop

Now that I'm here, I shall say...I've just turned 20, and have been overtly-literate since I was approximately 6-years-old. I reached a college reading level in the fifth grade, and have always been a true stickler for the proper use of the English language, and the preservation thereof.

Needless to say, people can get very agitated at my forceful corrections both to speech and the written (or typed) word, so it's rather refreshing to find other people who feel the same way. Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute something to this guild.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:38 am
Hello, i am seventeen and currently an english language reform advocate. I am in favor of separating 'english' english and 'american' english but this is niether here nor there. i hope to contribute to this guild in any way that i can and look foreward to enjoying being around others with my interests in our language.  

anime roy

sirioneowyn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:34 pm
Rawr.
I can type and speak general English. I read so much it might be an obsession. I also seem to have trouble resisting shopping on this site. heart
By the way, I'm a teenage girl with unusual tastes in various things. ~

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:29 pm
User ImageD u r e m

Hello everyone! I'm Trinity, and I missed literacy. >_<

D u r e mUser Image

nin Trinity nin

Hypocoristical

Tasty Marshmallow

43,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Buggin' 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:39 pm
Hello and thank you for allowing me into the guild. I'm Hypo, otherwise known as Sarah. I'm a twenty nine year old mother of twin girls, currently divorced and thankful for it! I find myself now with a very loving gentleman whom has filled my life with joy. <3

I'm a working student, still striving for that masters in Library sciences, hoping to head my own department soon. My field of specialty is children's/youth literature to which I find highly gratifying. ^^ I also run the Youth Reading club and the weekly story time at the local County Library.

It's always been a pet peeve of mine to see Chat/leet/poor spelling and grammar on the forums. Knowing that everything one say and/or does leaves an impression at first glance, I have no idea why anyone would want to type/express themselves in such a manner.
Anyways, Thanks again and I hope to have a lovely time here.

~ Hypo.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:04 pm
Salutations! I am Phil, third day of high school, honors english, concerned for the fate of American literacy. Several things you should know about me. Well, one thing. Fred Basset pisses me off. Someone gets paid THOUSANDS of dollars a day to write "Fred, you're in my chair again! Indeed! we're british! god save the queen!"
Deeply sorry, I have a problem with a lot of newspaper comics.
I'm very excited to be a member of this guild and able to chat with fellow literates. I hope to become a relatively active poster in the 3g forums.  

Imsomewhatspiffy

TeeJaye

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:55 pm
Hello! I've been in the guild a week and haven't had much time to come by; This is mainly because work sucks so badly lately.

I've been roleplaying more years than the average Gaian has been alive, I am both proud and a little scared to admit.

My roleplaying experience started with the original yellow box of Dungeons & Dragons.

It had crappy pale blue dice, and you could be a Fighter, Magic-User, Thief, Cleric, Elf or Dwarf, and it didn't go past level 10.

My online roleplaying began with a game called Neverwinter Nights, which I started playing online before AOL (and anyone else for that matter) offered unlimited internet access.

I've since played online: Warcraft (not WoW, the original), MageStorm, Splatterball, Descent, Ultima Online, EverQuest, The Realm, Wordox, and Puzzle Pirates, in addition to Gaia, Adventure Quest, Neopets, Virtual Magic Kingdom, Bite Fight, Carnage Blender, Jellybean, and Millsberry.

This does not count the fact I was on the development team of Incarnation (A MMORPG that, like many others, is currently no more) and that I ran several forum-based roleplaying groups online; My most successful of these was Shadowvale, which ran for 6 years.

Wow. That seems like bragging now, but it was just me laundry-listing everything I could think of.

Anyway, I am up for most kinds of RP so PM me if you want.

TJ  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:53 am
Hello, I'm Mico (or BROW or Rico). Um, I'm a gamer, I write, and draw. Also, I'm an 18 year old male.

In April, I'll be "celebrating" 5 years of Gaia. I'll only be celebrating the first two years since those were the Golden Years of Gaia, before they got all commercial.

I've been playing Gunbound Revolution religiously for the past week trying to get enough GP to create my guild. I kinda forgot about MapleStory but I'll be playing many more games when I get my new computer in the winter.  

BlackRose Of The World

BornWithFire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:09 am
Hi, everyone, I'm Benjpianist (as can be deduced from my username <.<) and I'm new-ish here. I do support good grammar, but I don't think cool words like "new-ish" should be banned. However, I rarely use words like that so don't worry about it.
I'm mainly working on gaia to destroy mature content, so if anyone wants to join my guild "The Cyber Sackers", feel free to either PM me or find it in the directory and request to join. You can also go ahead and use correct grammar in your application lol .
~Benjpianist  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:53 am
Hello
My name is Giovanni and I joined this guild 'cause I'm tired of not being to understand the RP's I'm in
I'm not anti-txt tlk exactly but people have got to learn there is a time and place for it and in the middle of a RP is neither the time nor the place
Anyways about me
I'm a geek,
I'm a first year at Allan Hancock College (a community college in Santa Maria)
And I live in California
And I really like Pie.....and Emoticons 4laugh

Mavros-Nyx

Familiar Hunter

5,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200

Artificial Joy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:16 pm
Hello. I have trouble making long posts or making posts look good in general. My name is Sophie, I am 14 years of age. I am half Russian, half Chinese. I hate "text-talk" with a passion. I love to Role Play, I HATE Hitler and his "Nazis" for obvious reasons. I love drawing, going on the computer, and walking (or pacing) I hate sitting still, too. I am a TOTAL slacker. Nice to meet you!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:39 am
Hello, I'm Dustedmelody or Rika! I stink at writing introductions, but I'll do my best! I love writing, role playing, sleeping, reading, playing games, and music. I play the trumpet in the school band and I play the piano just for fun. I also love watching Anime. Some of my favorites [also listed in my profile] are Samurai X, Rurouni Kenshin, Kyo Kara Maoh!, and Saiunkoku Monogatari. I didn't list all of them, but those are some favorites! I also read Manga and some of my favorites are Fruits Basket, Fullmetal Alchemist, BP, and Monster.

I really hate "text-talk" and it really annoys me that cereal companies decided that it was cool and started to put it on their cereal boxes. Many of my friends use it on AIM and I hate talking to them. Oddly enough, I don't feel stupid when I don't understand what "text-talkers" are trying to say. wink

kuro xx mae

suscha

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:26 am
Hey everybody. 8D
I'm 16, I love art, music, clowns and of course, grammar.
I hope to one day find some sort of a career that involves yelling at people for their thoughtless grammatical mistakes... or facepaint. 8D
The apathy of my peers when it comes to language has never ceased to shock and horrify me. I don't mind when people bunchwordstogether OR TYPE IN CAPS LOCK FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT, but a forgotten apostrophe or an uncapitalized letter are like fingers on a chalk board to me. Ick.

I'm pretty easy to get along with, and I just like to be goofy. But not like the cartoon character. I'm not a dog. ;>_>

Soyeahman. You should talk to me 'cause I'm super cool.

Oh, also. Thometimeth I like to thype with a lithp. ^3^  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces