Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:39 am
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...

User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

Gah, when did it get so quiet in here? Tay wondered, the golden rays from his vision was cast forward throughout the empty compartment where he had managed to encompass an entire room to himself, and his bags, which were strewn about under him as means of support during his fitful rest of sleep.

"H-Hey, where is everybody?!" He stood and shouted. Dante, or cleverly nicknamed, Tay, stood to his full height of four feet, eleven inches off of the ground. Sun kissed auburn tendrils gently fell over his honey golden gaze as he lurched forward, and pryed loose the compartment doors, one at a time, until he was finally outside. He noticed many other students far ahead of him, upperclassmen or so it seemed, and as he casted his luminated gaze over the translucient lake to his left, he gasped. "Ah! No- bloody- wait for me!!"

Hurling towards the lake, Tay's black cloak billowed fitfully behind him as he raced, the hoot of his owl through an open window caused him to cry out as he was forced to turn around run back to retrieve his companion. "Sorry, Drogo." He muttered hastily as his fingers worked the latch until the large Eurasian Eagle owl could spread its wings and free itself from the confines of its cage, and the train.

"-okay, now," Tay, much to his dismay, began on his journey through the long corridor of the train, hopped off of the concrete station, and began to loose his balance as he wheeled forward during his chase towards the edge of the lake. "-bloody! Heeey! Someone, anyone, come baaack!" He shouted with a hand clamped around his mouth, and an arm widly flinging back and forth in the air as means to catch the attention of anyone on their boats close enough to change course, and pick him up, before veering towards the castle once more.

╔══════════════╗
Injuries: -
Mood: Aaaaaahhh!
╚══════════════╝

User Image User Image User Image
..even heroes know when to be scared.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:06 am
User Image

Drake yawned boardly upon hearing the boy on land. Did I bring my broom? He thought to himself reaching into his pocket and feeling the bristels of one, and he smiled.

"Thanks dad." he whispered pulling one from his pocket and giving it a good shake. It was a very reliable broom that he had been given on his eighth birthday so as to be entertained while alone.

He shook the broom making the wood come out of its trance, and mounted it after making sure no one was watching. He jumped from the boat and took to the air going back to the edge of the land where the boy was waiting.

“Hi there, names Dragomere Anderson but you can call be Drake, I’ll be assisting you to the boats this evening.” He said smiling holding out a hand for the boy.

Odin Moon

Liberal Nerd

8,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:33 am
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...

User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

Tay watched on, the gold of his iris twinkled in what little light had reflected from the surface of the glassy lake and then fallen onto him. He could barely tell if anyone had heard him, or for that matter, cared to have noticed him at the edge of the lake. "Merlin's bloody beard-" he had all but cursed under his breath, that is until, the sound of an unknown voice had made itself clear to him.

Tay jumped slightly in his shoes, his gaze darkened, but only slightly, due to the fact that he had been caught by surprise, but any ill will formed from this quickly dissipitated into nothing, now that he realized he was not alone.

Of course, that look of hope couldn't have fallen faster when he saw that this, unknown voice, happened to be seated upon a broom stick.

"Er- a pleasure to meet you, Drake," he spoke roughly, though his voice seemed shaken as he introduced himself. "William, but, people call me Tay, or Tray,"

With a slight pause, he glanced backwards towards the lake, and his teeth had long since began to carve into his tongue. He didn't want to reject the boy, and his help, but, he didn't exactly want to stop and explain the fact that he was absolutely bloody terrified of heights. And flying was worse. Still, Tay managed to bravely take a hold of Drake's hand, tightly, his own muscles began to constrict at the thought of weightlessness, and what was soon to come.

╔══════════════╗
Injuries: -
Mood: Take a deep breath, close your eyes, Tay, and don't look down
╚══════════════╝

User Image User Image User Image
..even heroes know when to be scared.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:50 am
User Image

Drake sensed the worry of the other boy. “I’m a great flyer.” He said pulling the other onto the broom. “I take a muggle boy up with me all the time.”

Drake turned the broom out toward the water and set off to the boats landing safely without problem in the boat he was previously in. “There see. I’m a safe flier, and you were only up in the air for about twelve seconds.” He said after stowing the broom back in his pants pocket.

“Tay you were one of the boys asleep on the train weren’t you?” Drake said in a mater of fact voice, scrunching his eyebrows looking at the golden eyed boy in front of him.

Odin Moon

Liberal Nerd

8,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:57 am
jane Abigail doyle
User Image
Jane slightly raised an eyebrow at Colton. Jane once more looked out of the boat and saw someone swimming in the water. She gave a slight laugh. Jane had considered it once before and was totally going to do it but she got distracted by Colton. "Well, my parents are muggles. Let's just say I'm not quite as prepared as you. I mean even after all the study that could possibly be done still does not prepare one for a life like this. Just last year I was a normal girl and now suddenly I'm a wizard and my parents seem to find it all fine and dandy. They should just feel lucky they aren't actually here! They would be scared to death just like me!" Only after Jane was done talking did she realize she was yelling. A single tear fell down her face. She felt so many emotions, she was scared, angry, bored, excited, and so much more. Jane rubbed her face against the owls soft feathers drying the tear that had fallen. "Sorry" she muttered.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:00 am

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - unsorted

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

She listened vaguely to Jane as she answered Colton, glad her new acquaintance was being included in some conversation. Phi felt some guilt for not doing it herself before. She smiled softly and finally reopened her book.
Only a few lines in and the volume of Jane's voice brought Phi violently back to the reality of the boat. She turned and looked at Jane with wide, dark eyes. She had started to yell and Phi could clearly see the storm of emotion in her face. The tumble and the uncontrolled rise in each word she spoke make Phi's chest squeeze. Jane and Phi were in the same position; both coming into this world of Wizard school with no forewarning. Abruptly thrown into it and having the expectations and envy of others burdened onto their shoulders. Phi was a strong girl - she could hold her ground and deal with her own problems and issues with help from few. For some reason, because of some mistake, Phi had not even thought of the possibility that Jane was not the same; not filled with eager as well as nerved. Instead with turmoil and terror.
Phi saw that now as that tear slide down the fare girl's face and Phi could not believe her slip of ignorance.

She reached out and took Jane's hand, squeezing it tightly. Not saying a word, letting her know she was there. another witch with a Muggle past.

╚══════════════════╝

Pale Mist

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:16 am
@ Peters Guardian, Essy A Dante - the Groundskeeper's boat is still here, so you can just climb in it ^.^

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:17 am
jane
Abigail doyle

User Image
Jane just stared out onto the dark lake. She didn't know what had came over her. Yes she had been nervous but up until she had been excited and couldn't wait. She hadn't even realized what she felt until now. Normal she was very calm and quiet girl. She would just let things build and build not talking about them and then she would just blow. It had happened a couple times, luckily this wasn't the worst. "I'm so sorry" she said again as she felt Phi's hand in hers. "I don't know what came over me" she bowed her had respectively.

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:23 am

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - unsorted

– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

"Worries." Phi answered her, squeezing again. though with a gentler touch.
"Worries you had every right to"

Phi let go of her hand and smiled gently at Jane. Knowing she would be alright.

╚══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:28 am
jane
Abigail doyle

User Image
"Thank You" Jane said, again smiling. At that point she knew she had made a friend. Jane out her arm to her shoulder and the owl climbed down. Jane lead the owl to the cage and locked the door. Jane was again filled with excitement, she was a wizard and no matter how scared or angry she was, it was a good thing. She began to think dreamily of her future as a wizard.

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:57 am

User Image
User Image

Eleanor stood with a list in her hands, her eyes following each student that passed by. She wanted to make sure that there would be no slowpokes this time. Her very first year as Groundskeeper wasn't the best. One boy even injured himself by running to catch up the boats. But that was in the past, and hopefully that won't happen again. Hearing a voice calling her, Eleanor lifted her eyes from the list to see who was asking for help. A warm smile formed on her lips as she saw a young girl ask her to dry up her classmate's notebook. She walked over to them and pulled out her wand at the textbook, "Fervens Aeris!" she murmured under her breath as she watched the journal warm up slowly. Finally, after a couple of minutes, she handed the journal to the young boy and walked back to her place, leaning against a tree. However, her candid, peaceful smile drifted off her lips as she heard a faint splash in the water. Should've warned them about the water. Glancing up, Eleanor narrowed her eyes to catch sight of the unfortunate student who jumped into the water. Forcing a grin, Eleanor shook her head and marched towards the boat, a light shiver rushing up and down her spine as water penetrated inside her boots. Ack, so cold! she winced slightly and reached out to place a hand on the edge of the boat where the girl was seated in, soaked in water. A weak smile appeared on her lips as she shook her head, "Eat and drink something warm after you're Sorted, alright? Don't wanna get sick the first of school, eh?" she beamed kindly at the girl before pulling out her wand to cast the Hot-Air Charm again to dry the poor girl up, "Fervens Aeris," she waited ten minutes until the clothes of the student dried up, "Better, I hope?" she flashed her a smile before turning her head to the sound of rushed footsteps. Yup, slowpokes again. Straightening up, Eleanor tugged a loose tendril behind her ear and waved to the two boys, "Hurry up, you! We're leaving!" she cried in hope that they could hear her. There was one empty boat left on the edge of the lake. Turning back to the rest of the students, Eleanor cleared her throat, "You guys can move to the boathouse!" she pointed to a small house on the other side of the lake, distantly seen due to its vague lights. With a flick of the wand, the lanterns on the students' boats lighted up, making it much clearer to see. Attentively climbing back into her own boat, Eleanor nodded to the two students seated and took out her list again, rapidly glancing over her shoulder to make sure that the boys got into the last boat left.

The Boathouse

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:20 pm
User Image
User Image

Blaire paused for a moment, waiting for the red-haired girl to resume. After a moment, he realized Phi remained silent, and continued probing, "Malus wood, huh? Let me guess - unicorn hair core?" The exchange was interrupted by the girl, Jane's emotional outburst. Awkward...These muggle-borns are so unhinged.

He waited for a moment while Phi comforted the girl, reaching his hand into the small satchel at his waste. If anyone had been watching him, they would've noticed the undetectable extension charm cast on it, as the bag seemingly swallowed his arm, nearly to his shoulder. When he finally withdrew his hand, a tastefully-ornate stick rested in his delicate grasp. It was fairly longer then the average wand, nearly a foot and a half, crafted of dark, glossy wood.

Reasserting his control over the situation, Blaire leaned toward the muggle-born, "Want to see something funny?" A slight smirk cracked his visage as he turned to see if anyone was watching him. He saw that the Grounds Keeper's attention was focused on the first-years still boarding the boats, and returned his attention to his own vessel adding before the girl had the chance to answer, "Now, don't tell anyone..." He checked behind him one more time, this time securing the relative location of the swimmer's boat in his head. You like the water, huh? He crossed his right arm over his torso, concealing the wand beneath his robe, as it aimed at the other craft. Then he raised his left hand to cover his mouth, and as the boats cast off, in an almost inaudible whisper, recited, "Locomotor boat."
i
The jinx gave the boat a firm knock, causing it to rock violently over the dark, reflective waters. The first-year turned to admire his handy-work, slipping his wand back into the satchel in a quick, fluid motion. Blaire giggled triumphantly to himself.

((Octopus Of Calamity: That was at you, by the way., Issie Bee and Pale Mist. And of course the post to leave is made as I'm working on mine. XD))

User Image

Dark Prince of Thorns

6,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:58 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - unsorted

– Desiderius Erasmus
– Aesop
– Socrates
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi looked to Blaire as she tried to prod the question back on her, but Phi simply shook her head - signifing the guess had been a miss.
Phi saw the wand in Blaire's hand (not having seen her produce it from the bag) and tried to take a guess at its materials. Now that Blaire had brought up the topic, Phi had become quite curious.
Then, Blaire drew closer and whispered to all the boat's company to watch as she preferomed a spell. Phi could barely hear it as it was whispered and muffled by Blaire's hand. But she saw its affect. The boat roaked and for a moment Phi was afraid it would tip dangeorusly but it did not.

Phi let go of a breath she had not realized she had been holding and looked at Blaire with critical eyes. What was she playing at?
Phi stared at Blaire for a moment longer, trying to come to a conclusion, then noticed the boat had begun to move and looked over to the castle with a sudden burst of renewed excitment.

{continued in boathouse}

╚══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:09 pm
User Image

Drake smiled lightly and bowed low to Eleanor "Domo Arigoto." he said giving her the broom from his pocket.

"Keep it safe. It really means a lot to me." he whispered and ran to catch up with the other students after another low bow excussing himself. Trying to not be a burden after the stunt he pulled.

Odin Moon

Liberal Nerd

8,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Spongy Filling

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:27 pm
User ImageUser Image

Because hairdye is just that
COOL.

unsorted first year

~

[ Mallow exit to Boathouse ]

(: (: (:
xD Didn't want to make another post so I'm just going to post there ouo
): ): ):

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games