Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
Platform 9¾ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:37 pm
Today I feel surrounded
Today I am connected
Today I am a part of something more
As if every cell were singing
Still, I can't embrace it
Every silver lining has a cloud
But not so far
I keep waiting for the shoe to drop

Today I feel like dancing: Happy
I never feel like dancing: There's Chloe... and Sun
It's like even the weather suits my mood: Chloe and Sun nearby
My entire soul is ringing: Platform 9 and 3/4

N E W L Y N | T A R A | V A S S

H U F F L E P U F F | B L O O D T R A I T O R | T H I R D Y E A RUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Newlyn smiled at Sun. He seemed like a nice enough person. "Come on, then!" she called over her shoulder, hurrying for the train, which seemed almost about to leave. They didn't want to miss their ride to Hogwarts, after all.

From C A R I N G comes C O U R A G E

*Exit to the Hogwarts Express*

Waiting for the axe to fall
And it will happen
This I know
Just not so far
Still, I can't accept it
I keep looking for the thing to bring me down
Though I can't explain my reasons to you
I think we are the same

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:37 pm
User Image
User Image

Iris stepped through the wall and onto the platform, pushing her cart along in front of her. Neon's aquarium rattled as the cart rolled across the concrete ground, the small frog chirping in alarm. "It's okay, Neon. We're almost to the train. Then you can get off the cart." she said. The frog kept up his chirping, however, because he was a frog, and that's what frogs do. They chirp. Iris sighed, but kept on going. Aunt Akira wasn't with her this year. She had finally been deemed old enough to travel to the platform alone, and that was what she was doing.

Pulling her cart over to the train, she picked up her pet's cage and left her luggage to be tended to. She still had a while until the train left. Maybe one of her friends would show up soon. She hadn't seen anyone over the summer, having spent a good amount of time in her bedroom with some strange illness called a cold. Autumn, Night, Jared, Jacob, Tobi... She hadn't seen any of them since she left the school at the start of the summer. Hopefully, she wouldn't be left alone for too long.

As she walked along the platform, Iris watched the shiny red cars of the Hogwarts Express. She wondered if she could get a sketch in of the Express before her time at Hogwarts ended for good. Probably not. She wasn't that great of an artist. Her long red hair swished back and forth with every step she took down the platform. What time was it, anyways? It was times like these that made her wish she wore a watch. Sighing, Iris continued to walk until she reached a point in which she figured she had better turn back. And she did, turning around to continue walking in the opposite direction.

Heart beats fast Colors and promises How to be brave? How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone? All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow One step closer...

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:35 pm
User Image
User Image

When the sun shines, we'll shine together. Told you I'll be here forever.
                                                    🍂 Said I'll always be a friend. Took an oath I'ma stick it out till the end.

Running through the wall, Terren was grinning like a madman. Yes! He was finally going to Hogwarts with his brothers and sisters! He wouldn't be left behind again! "Hurry up, you guys! Remy, Romy, Heather! Come on!" he called behind him. Pushing his cart along, Chestnut hooted in discomfort. He wasn't very happy that his master was driving this thing so recklessly. What if it tipped over and squashed him? He wasn't that big of a bird, after all. But did Terren slow down? No. No he did not. He kept right on going, plowing through the platform like it was nothing. "Where do we put our carts? Can Chestnut come on the train with me? Can we all sit together? When does the train leave? How long will it take to get there? Will there be snacks? Can you buy me some snacks, Heather? Pretty please with a cherry on top? Oooh! What about Chocolate Frogs? Can you buy me some Chocolate Frogs? Huh? Can ya? Can ya? Can ya? Pleeeeeeease?" The boy was more hyper than ever. He had a good reason, yes, but he was sure to drive his siblings insane before the day was over.

Now that it's raining more than ever, know that we'll still have each other.
                                                    You can stand under my umbrella. You can stand under my umbrella.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:12 pm
User Image

User Image

Heather pushed through the barrier after her brother, who had run off ahead of her and her other siblings. The teen sighed. That boy was way to hyper to have chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, no matter what day it was. Her mother had prepared a special breakfast for the four of them to celebrate another year of schooling, and Terren's first year. It was hard to believe that her little brother was finally eleven. It seemed like just yesterday that he was the short little kid with teeth missing in his smile. Now look at him. He was already sprouting like a weed, and he had all of his teeth. "Terren Cole! You wait for me, at least!" she called after him, picking up speed and chasing after her brother, grinning and laughing while she did so. Fukuro and Sehza glanced at each other. This might not end well for them. But, what could they do? They were just birds. Heather chased Terren down until he stopped, and she stopped as well. He started firing off questions like bullets, leaving the teen in a daze. "Whoa whoa whoa. Slow down there, Bear. Give me a minute to catch up... We put our carts over there by the train and let the train people take our luggage. Yes, Chestnut can come with you, if you promise to keep him with you at all times. I don't know if we're all sitting together or not, but you can for sure sit with me, buddy. Unless you find someone else to sit with. The train leaves at exactly eleven o'clock, and you better be on it or you'll get left behind. It takes several hours to get to Hogsmeade. We'll arrive this evening. Yes, there will be snacks. If you're good, I'll buy you some Chocolate Frogs, okay? You just have to calm down a little, Bear. You're probably scaring people." she replied with a laugh. Heather loved her little brother to death, and secretly hoped he would be sorted into her house. Not just so she could keep an eye on him, but because she thought he belonged there... Well, mostly to keep an eye on him.

User Image

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

TakaiOokami

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:11 pm
User Image
ᵞᵋᶳₑᶮᵢₐ ᶴᵤᶵᵣᵢᵡ

First Year ø Unsorted ø Muggleborn

"Music is easy and simple, you don't have to worry about things like betrayal."
Yesenia slowed down as she came through the barrier at a run. Her normally publicly impassive face was startled. Sure, she had been told that it was a magical barrier... But hearing about it, and actually experiencing it were two vastly different situations. It looked exactly like a wall after all... But she quickly resumed her normal expression as she examined the large train that would be transporting her to Hogwarts, and watched everyone else rush about to get aboard. She should be getting on as well, but she wanted to wait for Lyre. She'd never admit it outright, but she was, quite frankly, nervous.

Only then did she think to glance down at her luggage. Everything was there, and she noticed Bass wasn't putting on the best brave face either. That made her feel better, knowing that she wasn't the only one nervous here, even if it was just a rabbit.
"But in life, your best friends can end up as your worst enemies."

[ooc:]
Bass the Rabbit Status

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:28 pm
TakaiOokami

Veronica Kiss
[UNSORTED]
House: Unsorted
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 11
Year at Hogwarts: Yet to start her first year

An owl. Dad got himself an owl.

User Image
Ronna took a deep breath, a hand on her chest and she let out a short cough and muttered, "Dad got an owl... Great..." Ronna wasn't particularly fond of birds and now it meant Dad could check up on her that much easier. He probably would teach the bird to peck her fingers bloody until she would write a letter back to her Dad. She glanced around the platform unsure and surprised by the sheer amount of students. She was nervous and out of her element. Taking a deep breath she put on a smile, pushed back some of her blonde curls from her face and figured she was best off looking for someone who looks as nervous as she felt.

She glanced over at the students arriving or just arriving on the platform and spotted another girl without a family with her. Muggleborn, too? Probably. She walked up to Yessenia, a brown haired girl with a rabbit and said bluntly, "Is it your first year, too?"

{OCC: Link to previous post}

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TakaiOokami

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:42 pm
User Image
ᵞᵋᶳₑᶮᵢₐ ᶴᵤᶵᵣᵢᵡ

Yesenia had gotten her nerves back, and tried to stay out of the way. Lyre would come soon, but that didn't mean she had to be in the way while she waited for her. She glanced around as she looked for the location of the voice talking to her. "Yes," she replied briefly. She hesitated for a moment. "My sister went for her first year two years ago, so this year she's a third year. I'm waiting for her, that's why i'm just standing here," she told the girl.

Bass the Rabbit Status

mc2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:50 pm
TakaiOokami

Veronica Kiss
[UNSORTED]

Ah, someone who knows what they are doing.

User Image

"So your sister knows where to go?" Ronna said, glancing away briefly. She looked back and said with a quick nod, "I thought you were alone. I'm so sorry to bother you."

She turned to walk away and stopped and turned back and said, "I'm Ronna, by the way... well actually Veronica Kiss. Dad calls me Ronnie or Ronna, I don't care. Anyways, this is going to sound stupid but..." She winced slightly and let out a short chuckle, "I have no clue where to go, who to give my trunk to... I assume you just give your ticket while you are on the train, right?"

{ }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:23 pm
User Image

❝The story of your life is so twisted 'cause someone out there is missing everything you do

The story of your life is unwritten, so put me down as your ticket; don't even fight it

Leave behind your troubled eyes; See brand new what I can do; Just say yes if you really want me to❞

User Image
Dalila handed Anna a small package of cookies on the other side of the barrier. The old woman was smiling down at her granddaughter, proud that she had come this far in her adventure at Hogwarts. "Here ya are, Annabeth. Some cookies for the ride. They're your favorite, peanut butter chocolate chip. Be good, and I'll see you at the castle." she said, smiling at the girl. Anna nodded and took the package. "I will, Gramma. Don't worry so much. I'll be fine. I'm a big girl now." She kissed her grandmother's cheek and disappeared through the barrier. Dalila stood in silence for a while, before finally speaking. "I know... That's what I'm afraid of..."

Annabeth ran through the barrier and onto the platform, pushing her cart in front of her. Flora slept soundly in her carrier, despite the bumpy ride through the wall. Dropping off her cart with her trunks, the girl picked up her cat carrier and threw her backpack over her shoulder. Her cookies were safely stored in one of the pockets, and she couldn't wait to sink her teeth into them once the train departed. Looking around the station, the Gryffindor couldn't spot any of her favorite guys. No Tobi. No Bradley. No Luke. No Romulus. No Xavier. Where was everyone? Was she just fashionably early or something?

Sighing to herself, Annabeth found a comfortable looking pillar to lean against. Well, about as comfortable as a brick wall could get. Standing there, she took in her surroundings. A girl pacing around. A hyper boy with an older girl. Two young girls chatting. And so many other people that should couldn't tell what was going on. Was there a story here, she wondered. 'Hustle and Bustle for Hogwarts Express' she thought with a smile. Who was she kidding? There was a story everywhere.

❝Now take a chance and call me crazy! Smile kid, there's only one way out
We can stay like this or go, go, go; We can take it too fast or take it slow

We can spend our lives oceanside, or count the stars in the desert on a magic night
You can lie awake in bed, or come and sleep with me instead

If you give me one chance to take your hand
I'll fill the empty pages as you write the story of your life❞

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:24 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Caitlin appeared through the wall first. Then Darren. "See, it wasn't that bad," She looked over at her shoulder at him. Darren shrugged and pushed his cart up to where his sister was standing. "So, what do we do now?" He asked, looking up at her. "Well, just hang out really. Wait until the train comes." Caitlin shrugged, "Oh wait. Come with me." The girl tugged her brother's arm toward Heather and her brother.

"Hi Heather. Hi Terren. This is Darren. Darren, this is my friend Heather and her younger brother Terren." Cait nodded in her brother's direction. "How has your guys' summer been?" The Gryffindor asked the two, trying to socialize less awkwardly. "What house are you guys in?" Darren questioned the two.

Wearing

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:41 pm
Well I woke up to the sound of silence
And cries were cutting like knives in a fist fight
And I found you with a bottle of wine
Your head in the curtains
And heart like the Fourth of July

User ImageUser Image
Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Hufflepuff ☠ BeaterLionel

Tobi had gone through the barrier a bit earlier than his siblings mostly because Al hadn't spoken to him since he returned home and he was still afraid Eve was going to beat him every time they made eye contact. With Mis-Mum he was doing better than ever since they decided to change names and it certainly took his mind off that woman. His father he was still on the fence about at the moment. With a sigh he looked around for a familiar face not feeling up to buddying up to random firsties and other students. Finally he spotted Anna leaning up against a pillar and a slow smirk crossed his face before he snuck around to the other side. When he was sure he was safely behind her and not making any noise he said casually. "Why hello Anna! Fancy seein' you here!"

If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on

Carry on, carry on

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:09 am
User ImageUser Image

Chance Carlson ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✦ Fourth Year ✦ Ravenclaw ✦ Beater ✦

My family is my strength and my weakness.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Cecille Carlson
✧ Second Year ✧ Ravenclaw ✧ Blind ✧

User Image

Chance had taken the responsibility of getting himself and his sister to the station, again. His mother was working today, again, but had set them off before she had to leave earlier that day. It made Cecille happy, but he could only stress. His mother was working too hard, and thus didn't have time for them. Specifically Cecille. She needed that attention, that human interaction that she was seriously lacking. Sure, she had spoken of a few friends from her classes, but none of them she referred to speaking to on more than one occasion. Sighing, he pushed the cart through the barrier and onto the platform.

Once on the platform, Chance rolled his cart along, being careful not to hit any big bumps. Cecille was perched on top of their trunks, as usual, swaying her legs over the side and bobbing her head left and right, as if she was listening to some catchy song that only she could hear. Her long white hair hung loosely down her back, fluttering in the breeze of someone passing by. "Make sure to hold on, CiCi. I don't want you to fall." the boy said, glancing at his sister every once in a while. "I am, Chancey. Don't worry so much." she replied. As if he could stop worrying. It was like his job.

Stopping the cart, Chance helped his sister down. He took her hand in his, her other hand gripping her cane tightly, while he held onto her mouse cage. Ever since his rat had died, the boy hadn't bothered with getting another pet. He knew that his sister's would die soon enough, and he would have to get her a new one, if she wanted one. "Okay, the train leaves at 11 sharp. We have until then to... uhh... Well, to do whatever it is we're gonna do." he said. Cecille smiled, and nodded her head. "We could just walk around, Chancey. I just like being with you." Chance gave her hand a reassuring squeeze, and they started down the platform.

User Image

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:33 am
User ImageUser Image

User Image

User Image

Xavier shoved his trunk along the way, trying to avoid people as he went along. Dino was in his cage, and Xavier trudged along, thinking that maybe he shouldn't have brought so many books. Then again, it was his first trip to Hogwarts, and unlike his father he wasn't planning on joining quidditch like he wanted. He sighed as he looked back at his father. "No dad, mum said no brooms. Period. I'm not taking it." He glared at his father before moving away, making it a point to avoid having to deal with him. Honestly, his dad was always like this.

Desmond didn't look deterred. Scratching his flaming red hair, he looked around and sighed. Well, they were here. This would be the first year he wasn't a student, and was instead a parent taking a kid to Hogwarts. Myfina couldn't be here, since she had to watch Mia and Dee, which left him to take his son. Who was currently walking away from him. Sheesh, all he wanted to do was give Xavier a present for school. "Xavier, it's not that bad. Heck, it's better than all the school's brooms." He walked behind his son, trying to catch up.

--------------------------------------
State: Annoyed
Dino

State: Frustrated
OOC: Double post ftw!
--------------------------------------

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:42 am
User Image
ᵞᵋᶳₑᶮᵢₐ ᶴᵤᶵᵣᵢᵡ

Yesnia nodded, the girl seemed to be discouraged and started to apologize and walk away. Then the girl stopped and introduced herself. "My name is Yesenia, Yesenia Lutrix," she said. She shrugged. "I really didn't think to ask, she should be showing up any moment now so we'll have to ask when she gets here," she told her. Her sister would know these sorts of things, she didn't really have a clue.

Bass the Rabbit Status

mc2

TakaiOokami

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:56 am
TakaiOokami

Veronica Kiss
[UNSORTED]

Am I talking too much? Probably.

User Image
"Thank God," Ronna sighed. "And it's fine about not asking the name. I was the one who came up to you first." She smiled and glanced away noticing the boy arguing with who she assumed was his father about a broom. Flying sounded like it could be fun. She glanced back at the girl, Yesenia, and asked, "So, what's your story? Most of the first years and second years look like they came with their parents to this platform. I left Dad on the other side. I should thank him for giving me such a scare when I was walking through though. I didn't expect that he would have thought to get an owl for himself." To hide her shyness she tended to chatter and she realized it stopping herself and considered apologizing again for talking to much, but instead decided to wait for Yesenia Lutrix's answer.

{ }

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games