Welcome to Gaia! ::

Darth Daddicus' Evil Sith Temple!

Back to Guilds

Join us or die! 

Tags: Star Wars, Booty Grab, Aquariums, Games, Prizes 

Reply Darth Daddicus' Evil Sith Temple
Role Play Cantina & Chat - Everyone Welcome Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 823 824 825 826 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kay9214
Vice Captain

Lonely Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:34 pm
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
Heliko pylori
Kay9214

Yeah, kinda.

Who says they get all of the awesome combat powers? >.>

The light side doesn't have awesome combat powers?

Not really. Most combat powers they use are at least neutral. Light side stuff is mostly buffs and heals.

Dark has Choke, Kill, Lightning, Drain Life, etc etc etc.

It may not be exactly a combat power, but Force Persuasion is a pretty useful power and even when the Jedi use it, it is up for debate whether the instance they used it in was ethical or not.

True, true.

The alternative is turning their brain to mush though, I guess that's how they justify it.

And how Light Side does zapping some guys to fight their buddies sound? >:D  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:48 pm
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
Heliko pylori
Kay9214

Yeah, kinda.

Not really. Most combat powers they use are at least neutral. Light side stuff is mostly buffs and heals.

It may not be exactly a combat power, but Force Persuasion is a pretty useful power and even when the Jedi use it, it is up for debate whether the instance they used it in was ethical or not.

True, true.

The alternative is turning their brain to mush though, I guess that's how they justify it.

Sounds a lot like making excuses to abuse their powers to me. I mean i'm a Sith Lord. I am very familiar with manipulating words and instances to justify my actions. So it is interesting to see these so called "do gooders" taking pages out of the books i've written. Quite poorly too.  

SS2-SITH LORD

Celebrating Gaian

Kay9214
Vice Captain

Lonely Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:56 pm
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
Heliko pylori
Kay9214

Yeah, kinda.

True, true.

Sounds a lot like making excuses to abuse their powers to me. I mean i'm a Sith Lord. I am very familiar with manipulating words and instances to justify my actions. So it is interesting to see these so called "do gooders" taking pages out of the books i've written. Quite poorly too.

Books that you've written. xD That's a little presumptuous, maybe?

That's the beauty of a good guy grey Jedi. We're honest about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:01 pm
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214

True, true.

Perhaps i did not write the books. Maybe i should Use Force Persuasion to make you forget i said that. xd  

SS2-SITH LORD

Celebrating Gaian

Kay9214
Vice Captain

Lonely Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:11 pm
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214

True, true.

Perhaps i did not write the books. Maybe i should Use Force Persuasion to make you forget i said that. xd

Good luck. emotion_awesome  
SS2-SITH LORD rolled 0-sided dice: Total: 0 (-0)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:24 pm
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214

True, true.

In any case. I plan on running a contest in another guild soon andi Daddicus tells me you the guy to go to for accurate stats. I want to have the participant roll 5 20 sided dice and the goal will be to get the numbers in descending order. such as 19, 12, 8, 4, and 2. The person will get three chances each day to try.
If this is too difficult i am willing to drop it to 3 dice.  

SS2-SITH LORD

Celebrating Gaian

Kay9214
Vice Captain

Lonely Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:42 pm
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214

True, true.

In any case. I plan on running a contest in another guild soon andi Daddicus tells me you the guy to go to for accurate stats. I want to have the participant roll 5 20 sided dice and the goal will be to get the numbers in descending order. such as 19, 12, 8, 4, and 2. The person will get three chances each day to try.

Right off I can tell you that's probably a bad idea. In a draw situation, (for instance, cards) the sample size (20 sides in this case) is not mathematically relevant, and the chances of an ascending, or descnsing order is simply factorial.

Prob = ('rolls')!

5! = 120

There are 120 possible ways to draw any five numbers, so it'd be an average of 4 months between daily plays to score.

But these are dice, not cards, and the chances are further diminished, by rather a lot, by the chances of rolling any doubles.

Unless I'm mistaken, you're looking at something like an annual point per player, or so.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:40 pm
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214

Right off I can tell you that's probably a bad idea. In a draw situation, (for instance, cards) the sample size (20 sides in this case) is not mathematically relevant, and the chances of an ascending, or descnsing order is simply factorial.

Prob = ('rolls')!

5! = 120

There are 120 possible ways to draw any five numbers, so it'd be an average of 4 months between daily plays to score.

But these are dice, not cards, and the chances are further diminished, by rather a lot, by the chances of rolling any doubles.

Unless I'm mistaken, you're looking at something like an annual point per player, or so.
Well i am only looking to run the contest for a month. And i would like there to be maybe around 5 winners max. How do you think i should structure the contest? The descending order is pretty important to fit the theme so i'd like that to be a stipulation.  

SS2-SITH LORD

Celebrating Gaian

Kay9214
Vice Captain

Lonely Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:05 pm
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214

Prob = ('rolls')!

5! = 120

Well i am only looking to run the contest for a month. And i would like there to be maybe around 5 winners max. How do you think i should structure the contest? The descending order is pretty important to fit the theme so i'd like that to be a stipulation.

Well with 5 numbers, chances are good no one will win.

As, rolls increase the chances shrink exponentially though, so where as 5! is 120, 4! is only 24. 3! is 6 and gets a few points each month. At roughly the half way point our three number game has scores of 2,2,2,1. 4 would probably be best for your purposes, if a single hit qualifies as a win.

I'd suggest maybe going into our Chatterbox subforum here and try simulating the game by making a number of 4 20 sided dice rolls?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:15 pm
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214

Prob = ('rolls')!

5! = 120

As, rolls increase the chances shrink exponentially though, so where as 5! is 120, 4! is only 24. 3! is 6 and gets a few points each month. At roughly the half way point our three number game has scores of 2,2,2,1. 4 would probably be best for your purposes, if a single hit qualifies as a win.

I'd suggest maybe going into our Chatterbox subforum here and try simulating the game by making a number of 4 20 sided dice rolls?
A step ahead of you there. I made a topic in the test forum. I'll try the 4- 20 sided dice rolls and see how it comes out.  

SS2-SITH LORD

Celebrating Gaian

Kay9214
Vice Captain

Lonely Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:29 pm
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214

Prob = ('rolls')!

5! = 120

A step ahead of you there. I made a topic in the test forum. I'll try the 4- 20 sided dice rolls and see how it comes out.

That's good.

Which Guild is this anyway? I might want to snoop.

However it comes out, good luck with it! ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:12 pm
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214

Prob = ('rolls')!

5! = 120

That's good.

It's going to be for the Booty Prowling Panthers. And thanks.  

SS2-SITH LORD

Celebrating Gaian

Kay9214
Vice Captain

Lonely Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:14 pm
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214

Prob = ('rolls')!

5! = 120

That's good.

Ah. They've hidden their forums though. >_>;

I'll have to be sneaky to snoop. Lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:20 pm
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214

That's good.

Our forums are hidden for a reason. We don't like snoops. biggrin  

SS2-SITH LORD

Celebrating Gaian

Kay9214
Vice Captain

Lonely Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:22 pm
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214
SS2-SITH LORD
Kay9214

That's good.

Our forums are hidden for a reason. We don't like snoops. biggrin

You've never contended with a true ninja. ninja  
Darth Daddicus' Evil Sith Temple

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 823 824 825 826 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games