Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Other Archives
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... 841 842 843 844 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:43 pm
Over the past week, Ship had gotten into the habit of eavesdropping on Sub in the matters of this meteorite. He wasn't quite so worldly as his pedigree might suggest, but another head to think about this couldn't hurt. Besides, he felt Sub owed him this chance if he was going to be a Foxy Bonus. Part of him thought about walking into the lab -- he was, after all, a dark type. If Sub's and Odd's hypotheses were correct, he should have been as unaffected by it as Sub.

He peered into the lab, eyes wide. "Perhaps I could help?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:49 pm
Trigramatic
Over the past week, Ship had gotten into the habit of eavesdropping on Sub in the matters of this meteorite. He wasn't quite so worldly as his pedigree might suggest, but another head to think about this couldn't hurt. Besides, he felt Sub owed him this chance if he was going to be a Foxy Bonus. Part of him thought about walking into the lab -- he was, after all, a dark type. If Sub's and Odd's hypotheses were correct, he should have been as unaffected by it as Sub.

He peered into the lab, eyes wide. "Perhaps I could help?"
"Ah, Ship. You certainly have a habit of turning up in places unexpectedly, have Sol been tutoring you?" He chuckled. "Help? I suppose you heard what I said about Dark types being, in theory, unaffected by the meteorite's corruption. I welcome any assistance in testing out the theory, but only if you are comfortable with the chance that we are wrong and you become a mindless slave to a hunk of space rock, in that case, grab the meteorite." With that said, he pointed to the hunk of foreign material on the table, for Ship to pick up.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:56 pm
Ship stepped more fully into the lab, arms crossed. "Needless to say, I owe you a fair few favors," he said. "I'm pretty sure I've heard that some humans feel at least something from these meteorites. That you don't is assurance enough, I think. Yes?"

He stood before the meteorite, but only watched. It looked a little different. Indeed, it was larger, like two had turned to one. It could be more potent. More problematic if something fell under its influence. He breathed deep as he steeled his nerves for this.

"Sub, Odd, be at the ready to restrain me if this goes wrong."

He took the stone in both hands, no seeming hesitation except his eyes shut tight as if he expected the worst.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:09 pm
Sub had released Monstressor before Ship had even mentioned restraining him, prepared in advance as he too didn't out rule the worse case scenario. "Already on it!" He replied. "And I've prepared an obituary." GRAY remarked from Sub's SNAG. "Don't mind him." Sub assured Ship as he watched him pick up the meteorite. Despite Ship's expectations of the worse, nothing seemed to happen. The hybrid would feel nothing from the rock, no out of the ordinary chi, no otherworldly presence, to him it was just like every other rock he had ever encountered, nothing special in the least, how boring. "Well?" Sub asked, anxious to find out if their theory was indeed correct.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:16 pm
Nothing. Still nothing. Then a little more nothing. Ship opened his eyes to find his hands had not turned into tentacled monstrosities, and it was really like he only held a slightly cool rock. He set it down, restraining a sigh. No one needed to know he worried more than they needed to.

"Nothing," he said. "So you were correct. The logical conclusion would be to test a dark type Pokemon, but that might breach some people's senses of ethics."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:19 pm
"Grab it, Monstressor." Sub said in response to Ship's statement, whenever someone suggested something might be unethical he got a strong desire to do it anyways, that said there were exceptions. The Tyranitar obeyed without question, probably not even realizing how bad this rock was in the first place. The monster would pick up the rock with one hand, it paled in comparison to his size, looking more like a pebble. Sub watched his Pokemon hold the rock for a good minute, noticing nothing different about the Dark type. "I guess that answers any and all unanswered questions." He chuckled.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:26 pm
This time, Ship did sigh. Tyranitar were scary enough without the aid of strange cosmic powers. If something had happened, there was no chance they could subdue it. "That's...good to know," he said. "So any amount of dark type influence is enough to negate the stone's sway in the specimen. Does this help us in our search for a safe place to store these meteorites?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:29 pm
"It does." Sub said as he motioned for Monstressor to set the meteorite down, which he did, placing it in the same spot it originally rested. There was one thing you could say for Sub's Tyranitar, it was extremely well trained, proof of Sub's competence as a trainer. Once the meteorite was put down, the Dark type trainer would recall his Pokemon and turn his attention back to Ship. "Some sort of container crafted from Dark Gem should work very nicely, keep it from affecting others on the outside, or draw attention to its self."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:36 pm
"I'm afraid I'm not familiar with these Dark Gems," Ship admitted. The initial fright had worn off and he became a little more relaxed, but he had had enough thrill for one day.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:38 pm
Trigramatic
"I'm afraid I'm not familiar with these Dark Gems," Ship admitted. The initial fright had worn off and he became a little more relaxed, but he had had enough thrill for one day.
"Crystallized chi, if you will. They are mined Unova." Sub explained to Ship. "Wonderfully handy gems, not unlike evolution stones, which are also crystallized chi, however different...any who. Might need to make a trip to Unova soon."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:44 pm
Ship's eyes widened with a glint of recognition. "Ah. It's only a different name, then. We call that mineral Ebonite in the regions about my homeland. A Pokemon might use them for a quick boost in power in battle, right? Like a catalyst?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:48 pm
"Ah, yes, that's right. Seems like the main lands are rather drab in their vocabulary..." Sub thought to himself, Ebonite sounded better and less generic.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:57 pm
"I think it might have to do with the transliteration of the native language to English," Ship explained. "I understand English wasn't always so pervasive as it is these days. It might almost rival Mandarin Chinese in a few years."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:02 pm
"Good point." Sub said with a nod. "Well, either way. I'm going to be paying Unova visit."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:03 pm
"Ought I post a notice about it?" Ship asked, and he went to the door.  
Other Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... 841 842 843 844 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games