Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:21 am
No_1_cares
You Will Never Be A Man

I understand that Shouri, but how was I supposed to indicate I was merely trying to help if I didn't have a clue what was being said? Makes no sense to me. Yeah, your wookiee was getting angry, but instead of trying to resolve the situation, as was his goal, Takamura made it worse because I had no idea what she was saying. And if I'm not mistaken the ability to garner languages is not clearly explained. if even mentioned, in the force powers section of the thread.
Unless You Are A Gentleman

You just need to work on your people skills in general.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:21 am
No_1_cares
You Will Never Be A Man

I understand that Shouri, but how was I supposed to indicate I was merely trying to help if I didn't have a clue what was being said? Makes no sense to me. Yeah, your wookiee was getting angry, but instead of trying to resolve the situation, as was his goal, Takamura made it worse because I had no idea what she was saying. And if I'm not mistaken the ability to garner languages is not clearly explained. if even mentioned, in the force powers section of the thread.

How about.... "Hey, sorry man I was just trying to help, no hard feelings, how about a drink?"  

Shouri

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:23 am
Nelowulf
Note: that probably won't work on me.... Most common social gestures are evaluated and dealt with by extreme prejudice.

You're a psycotic shapeshifting, magic-using blob.
Everything you see is evaluated and dealt with by extreme prejudice.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:23 am
You Will Never Be A Man

stressed Why do I even bother.

Takamura Kobayashi

Dangerous Hunter

5,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:24 am
Shouri
No_1_cares
You Will Never Be A Man

How about.... "Hey, sorry man I was just trying to help, no hard feelings, how about a drink?"

That would have only pissed you off more because he said man when you're clearly a woman.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:25 am
Cale Darksun
Shouri
No_1_cares
You Will Never Be A Man

That would have only pissed you off more because he said man when you're clearly a woman.

*laugh* How can you tell? Really? Ever seen a Wookiee female? ^_~  

Shouri

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:25 am
No_1_cares
You Will Never Be A Man

What are you upset about now? You still being misunderstood?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:26 am
Shouri
Cale Darksun
Shouri
No_1_cares
You Will Never Be A Man

I have, actually. Ive seen the Holiday Special.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Shouri

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:27 am
Cale Darksun

I have, actually. Ive seen the Holiday Special.

*shudder* oh gods... I remember that... @_@ Don't remind me. The did a horrible job on costuming.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:27 am
Seriously though, can we get over this? Blaming and complaining aren't going to solve anything, if nothing else make you dudes even more mad. You already know what you're going to do, the topic has long been dead, and I'm personally getting tired of debating worthless schemantics of the RP.

It'd be nice to see dialogue from the wookiee when in presence of those whom speak it, so that the rest of us can at least watch the conversation as neutral spectators, but we permit you throwing up the language shield only in the presence of non-speakers.

With that being said, can we please stop this senseless violence bickering.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Shouri

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:29 am
Yes, agreed it's giving me a headache too. To bed with me, farewell and peaceful night.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:29 am
Shouri

*shudder* oh gods... I remember that... @_@ Don't remind me. The did a horrible job on costuming.

You know the male wookiee's schlong is about the circumferance of an average male human's thigh?
They can take a man's head clean off with it.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Takamura Kobayashi

Dangerous Hunter

5,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:32 am
Sayla-girl
No_1_cares
You Will Never Be A Man

What are you upset about now? You still being misunderstood?

Here's my point, plain and simple.

I'm not into Star Wars as in depth as everyone else around here seems to be, therefore it would benefit me, and I'm sure some of the other members as well, to have non basic languages translated into something understandable by the RPer.
Mandolorian
Taung sa rang broka mando'ade ka'rta.

Would instead be something like this, forgive me for not translating properly:
Mando-Translated
he said in Mandolorian,

The same could be said for any language. Rodian, Wookiee, Huttese, Whatever.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:35 am
The reason I speak in Mando'a is because at those times I dont want people to understand me.
When I want you to understand me, I'll speak basic.  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:36 am
I tend to ignore mando, since know it well, i do not.

Its usually also only spoken when it has no application to another person.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games