Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VeryBob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:51 am
Hello. I am a grammatically correct adult with a penchant for expensive words. I am the daughter of thw newspaper editors and feel absolutely no remorse in correcting anyone's spelling, grammar, punctuation or word choice. My biggest pet peeve is the uncapitolization of "I" and ending a sentence in a proposition. Please know that if this is done in my presence, I tend to lash out with Hulk-like ferocity.
That is all.
Thank you.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:29 am
Hey everyone! I'm so glad to have been accepted to this guild! I am a literate teenager. I love reading, and am currently working my way down the list "1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die." I make typos, so don't kill me!

Oh yes, if you care to know, my favorite punctuation is the semicolon. I love that little guy. 3nodding  

NanaoThrowsPetals

Invisible Rainbows

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:41 pm
Okay then, I'll keep this one short.

I'm 14, almost 15 (December, yay!). I'm in ninth grade at Kennard Dale High School in Southeastern PA. I have just gotten my scuba certifications, which was a life-long dream of mine. Now, I hope to go to med school, and be a pediatrician. My favorite word right now is vapid, but it changes almost everyday (I read the dictionary.)

I'm not weird or anything... ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:01 pm
Hi! Name's Dana, and I'm an avid fan of the English language. The dictionary is one of my best friends, unfortunately it's been a while since I've last seen him, since I've been hanging a lot with my other close friend, the internet, who unfortunately is erratically fickle with his grammar.

I'm a 19-year old college student from the Philippine Islands, and my speech is a mix of English and my own country's. I am a supporter of good English speaking and writing skills, but I have already long built a tolerance for txt tlk-ing people and so keep to myself the grammatical mistakes I notice daily and go on concentrating on the message and the person talking instead. After all, we all do make our own mistakes; sadly, yes, some take a longer while to learn from them, whatever they may be.  

CMC Representative

ladyisis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:25 pm
Hello everyone. The Lady Isis, at your service. It's a pleasure to be here.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:18 am
Hello everyone! Thank you for accepting me into the guild! =) I'm a 14 year old girl from Hungary, my name is Gigi, though I don't mind being called Igdra, or Kami (which I think I actually prefer ^^). I practice Kenjutsu and swimming. I used to read a lot, but lately I've gotten out of the habit (which is probably the reason for my deteriorated english), I make a lot of typing mistakes, which I am sorry for, I will correct it if I notice it, and excuse me if I forget to capitalize my "I"s, it's a bad habit i picked up =(
Thanks again and I'll see you on the forums! =)
Kami  

Igdra

Kitsune Kit Kaguya

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:02 pm
Hi everyone! I'm a teen who fancies herself gramatically correct, but knows in her heart of hearts that she has alot of work to do! I have no illusions about my horrific spelling abilities so I apologise in advace.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:38 am
{ Hello! I'm 22 going on 23, so the fact that I'm in the grammatical-know shouldn't be a shock. Somehow, it is... thank you, mobile phones <_< I have better grammar in my emails to professors than the professors have when sending them back! That frightens me. I used to read a heck of a lot more, but now I'm an art student. That tends to eat up my reading time. I realised I have been moving around my tiny personal library from year to year in the dorms... and there are books in it I haven't read yet!

I'd like to thank firefox for now having a built-in spell checker! It's great for catching typos; not so great if you don't actually know how to spell the word, like thourough and thoughroully! (SP!)! Seriously. I maim that word so bad even Word doesn't know what to do with me >_> }

IrukaKan

Naokohiro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:20 pm
Hello. I'm 17. It's amazing to see so many people with good grammar and not have to read through so much bad grammar...
(I like Firefox 2! It shows my spelling errors while I type.)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:10 am
Hi, I'm a middle school student who is slightly obsessive compulsive and starts twitching when she sees a misspelling or grammatical error.
I go by many names, but most people just call me el or shan, diminutives of my main nicknames, eliannrad and shanadian, respectively.
I enjoy reading, writing, and school in general, my pet peeve is when people say "continue on" because that statement is redundant, and I NEVER check my work on bother spellchecking because of my arrogantly high opinion of myself and my spelling.
My favorite word is floccinaucinihilipilification, and it means "the declaration of something as useless," although I have mentally floccinaucinihilipilified it. biggrin
And because I start twitching, 'thoroughly' is the correct spelling for anyone who's wondering, and yes, that's a tough word.  

shanadian

Eternal Pimp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:04 am
VeryBob
My biggest pet peeve is the uncapitolization of "I" and ending a sentence in a proposition.

*INSERT* Preposition

The often heard but misleading “rule” that a sentence should not end with a preposition is transferred from Latin, where it is an accurate description of practice. But English grammar is different from Latin grammar, and the rule does not fit English. In speech, the final preposition is normal and idiomatic, especially in questions: What are we waiting for? Where did he come from? You didn't tell me which floor you worked on. In writing, the problem of placing the preposition arises most when a sentence ends with a relative clause in which the relative pronoun (that; whom; which; whomever; whichever; whomsoever) is the object of a preposition.

With regards I mean not to be an a** on the subject.
sweatdrop

shanadian
Hi, I'm a middle school student who is slightly obsessive compulsive and starts twitching when she sees a misspelling or grammatical error.
I go by many names, but most people just call me el or shan, diminutives of my main nicknames, eliannrad and shanadian, respectively.
I enjoy reading, writing, and school in general, my pet peeve is when people say "continue on" because that statement is redundant, and I NEVER check my work on bother spellchecking because of my arrogantly high opinion of myself and my spelling.
My favorite word is floccinaucinihilipilification, and it means "the declaration of something as useless," although I have mentally floccinaucinihilipilified it. biggrin
And because I start twitching, 'thoroughly' is the correct spelling for anyone who's wondering, and yes, that's a tough word.

I am going to imagine this whole paragraph doesn't exist. That is, if you can call said quote a paragraph.
crying

Phantasmically inclined to omphaloskepsis.
-Mr Faceless

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:14 pm
Hello. I'm Nicoledm and I'm a teenage grammar nazi. I make a few mistakes here and there, but I try and use correct grammar at all times.  

Abnormal Munchkin

NolaIvory

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:19 pm
Hi, I'm NolaIvory. Nice to meet everyone. *shakes hands*

...So...yeah. Um, I love reading and writing. I'm currently writing a novel called 479 for NaNoWrimo(.org). I joined this guild because I hate it when people don't spell out their words or use apostrophes or...yeah. Maybe you guys will become tired with my ellipses...if that's how you even spell it...but I'm trying to stop, and I figure I need people to tell me if I'm going overboard on them.

Alright, other than that, I'm an open book.

heart dramallama heart  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:03 pm
Hello, everyone! I am in my first year of college as a pharmacy student, but language is my first love. I will admit that I have an unhealthy attraction to commas; please let me know if I overuse them horrendously. It's quite comforting to know that there is such a multitude of people who are concerned about grammar and spelling!  

Morrigan_Fae

NolaIvory

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:22 pm
I must say, Morrigan_Fae, that you do look very professional.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff