Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:45 pm

User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
ℱrederick ℭalvins
Transfiguration Professor
Former Gryffindor

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

If you change the way you look at things...
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

He sat to himself for a bit, not really socializing. He really had found no woman that suit his fancy, but one never knows. Sounds quite depressing doesn't it? He shifted, laying his face into the palms of his hands. It really showed the utter boredom he felt at this moment. He would befriend a couple of the professors, but none of them had returned his love of Transfiguration. He hadn't no one to talk to about it with. It was rather...depressing as well?

Calvins looked around, finding his favorite students from last year amongst the crowd. There was the talented William Cloud sitting at the Hufflepuff table. The two were quite similar in many ways. Didn't talk unless talked to. But otherwise intelligent. Then there was William's girlfriend Annabelle Rich who was quite the student too. Head Girl even. Who knows how long the two will go for? All he knows is that would be one intelligent kid if they were to take it that far.

Then there was Chase Henrick over there at the Ravenclaw Table. He was impressive despite his first day showing last year, where he had to save the kid from draconifors. That surely was a highlight of his previous year. Ms. Shina was quite the impressive student as well.

Last but not least, there was the always bubbly Ariana Hawthorne, She wasn't the best student, but she always tried and she always did her best no matter what. Even some of the best people in his field were never naturals at it during their first years. She could turn out to be a great wizard one day if she worked. Who knows? Potential wise however, he believed that Mr. Cloud had the most potential to go into his field. Then was Chase Henrick or Heather Hawthorn. They seemed to be impressive as well. Either way, Frederick gets to teach them all this year and he looked forward to it. He couldn't wait for what this year has in store for him. Now that he got his first year here out of the way, he couldn't wait to get his second. Now he was seasoned and the kids knew who he was. He would look forward to teaching yet another batch of brilliant minds.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
...the things you look at change.
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:10 pm

Amata Harlowe
Professor of Mythology // Staff Table // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Professors
CURRENTLY FEELING // Relieved
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, thank goodness, more people!'
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Amata gave Naitanna a smile. "I'm sure you will be. Hogwarts students all tend to be pretty good kids. There's a few troublemakers, but nothing too bad, I think." Amata was glad that in the current day and age, Squibs could still find a place in the magical community. It wasn't really that long ago that it was difficult for them to find a job of any sort, and now, here was one teaching at Hogwarts. It was exceptionally refreshing, and inspiring. She smiled, listening to the conversations as they progressed, glancing back at the professor who'd been there when she'd arrived. He still had his nose buried in the book, much like Amata had two years ago. She wondered why he was so anti-social. That had to be the case, after all. He hadn't attempted to join any conversations, or even seemed to have noticed anyone else sitting down. How curious that he even bothered to come, then. They weren't technically required to, after all. Expected, perhaps, but not required.

(( OOC: ))

Utusha Moon

[quote"Yukina101"]

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:44 pm

I don't like WALKING around this OLD and EMPTY HOUSE
So HOLD my HAND, I'll WALK with you, my DEAR
The stairs CREAK as I SLEEP, it's KEEPING me AWAKE
It's the HOUSE telling you to CLOSE your EYES
There's an OLD VOICE in my HEAD that's HOLDING me BACK
Well TELL her that I MISS our LITTLE TALKS
SOON it will be OVER and BURIED with our PAST
We used to PLAY OUTSIDE when we were YOUNG and full of LIFE and full of LOVE

User Image
~Madam Germaine Umber~
~Former Hufflepuff~
company- professors
location- staff table
reading- Hogwarts: A History (again)
wearing- start of term feast

For a little while Germaine was content to simply sit and listen to the conversations going on around her, and to watch the Sorting. Looking at the Hufflepuff table, where she had once happily sat, made her smile in fondness. Her house seemed to be getting a lot of new first years, which was always good. But as the Sorting started to wind down, she felt the need to socialize. So she introduced herself to the person closest to her. "Hello, I'm Germaine Umber." she greeted the woman with a warm smile. "The new librarian," she added quickly, to further explain herself.

Without LIBRARIANS, what do we HAVE? No PAST and no FUTURE.

Violet the Maestro

You're GONE AWAY
I WATCHED you DISAPPEAR
ALL that's LEFT is the GHOST of YOU
Now we're TORN APART
There's NOTHING we can DO
Just LET me GO we'll MEET again SOON
Now WAIT for ME, please HANG AROUND
I'll SEE you when I FALL ASLEEP
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:55 pm

User Image
══════════════════════════════════
Pandora Thorne
Professor of HerbologyHead of Hufflepuff
Fall/Winter CasualSpring/Summer CasualWinter/Fall ProfessionalSpring/Summer Professional

Out of Compost

Pandora had been quietly watching the sorting, clapping as students joined her house when she noticed that the woman next to her was trying to hold a conversation with her. The professor smiled. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Pandora Thorne. I teach herbology and I'm the Head of Hufflepuff," she replied, wondering when the last time she had visited the library was.

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly

The Forgotten Weasley

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:02 pm

User Image
~Madam Germaine Umber~
~Former Hufflepuff~
company- professors
location- staff table

Germaine's expression brightened, happy to meet a fellow Hufflepuff among the staff. "I was a Hufflepuff myself. And Herbology was one of my favorite subjects." She remembered her times in the greenhouse, doing her best to tend to the different types of plants. She'd usually done everything word for word from the textbook.

Violet the Maestro

You're GONE AWAY
I WATCHED you DISAPPEAR
Now we're TORN APART
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:19 pm

User Image
Pandora Thorne
Fall/Winter CasualSpring/Summer CasualWinter/Fall ProfessionalSpring/Summer Professional

Out of Compost

Pandora was happy to see yet another Hufflepuff. So many professors were something else. She wondered if Germaine had been around when she was a student, but decided against it, since the girl seemed so young. "It's always nice to meet a fellow Badger," the professor smiled. "If you liked herbology so much, why didn't you pursue it? There's other jobs. My mum was working on creating a weaker variant of Devil's Snare."

The Forgotten Weasley

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:00 am

User Image
~Madam Germaine Umber~
~Former Hufflepuff~
company- professors
location- staff table

Germaine shrugged. "I realized I liked books more, I suppose." That had been around the time her parents had died, and she tried not to think about it too much. She didn't regret her career choice, anyways. Though she sometimes wandered how good of a herbologist she might have been. Germaine changed the subject. "Did your mother succeed?" she asked with interest.

Violet the Maestro

You're GONE AWAY
I WATCHED you DISAPPEAR
Now we're TORN APART
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:46 pm

User Image
Pandora Thorne

Out of Compost

"She did, I've had a bit of trouble repeating her success though," Pandora smiled, thinking back on all the times she had tried growing the variant. Something went wrong every time. The fertilizer, the water, the weather, and who could forget just plain bad luck? Devil's Snare wasn't her responsibility to teach, but sometimes her seventh years did take interest in the plant.

The Forgotten Weasley

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:34 am

User Image

Headmistress

ιηαяι εvεяηιgнт

мσσ∂ ---& {Excited}
<--- sтяιρ мε ηαкε∂

❝I'm just a bad girl, that's why we get along❞

❝Won't make excuses for anything I'm doing wrong❞

❝I'll pull the trigger in a flash❞

User Image

Her heels clicked as she moved across the hall. She made her way up to the podium, and a hush went over the hall. She scanned the hall and looked over the students with pride in her heart. Happy with all the children they currently had, she loved the excitement coming from them. Inari let the silence set for a moment, and then began."We have made it through another school year here at Hogwarts, and I want to thank you all for being apart of that. We would be nothing with out our wonderful student body. For those of you who are leaving, thank you for being apart of our family and we wish you well in your new adventures. I do hope to see the rest of you here next year.She paused and looked over to the table she had spend her years of schooling at. She was proud to be a member of this school and was happy that she hadn't left it. Most of her life has been spent in this buidling and she wouldn't have it any other way."Now on to business. I'd like to announce our Professor of the Year, Professor Powell! I am very proud of our staff and just want to say you all do a marvelous job. Now on to the quidditch cup. This year the winner is, Slytherin! So congratulations! It was a wonderful season and I hope to see more of you out there on the field next year. Now on the the house cup,again Slytherin! Congratulations! Now I'm sure you are all starving, so let get to the food!" Inari finished up her speech, by clapping her hands. Food appeared in front of every one, as all the cloth around the hall turned green and displayed the serpent of the slytherin house once more. As the corner of her mouth turned up into a smirk she moved to the large chair in the center of the staff table.

User Image

❝Watch out honey, step back❞

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:50 pm

A sincere artist is not one who makes a
faithful attempt to put on to canvas
what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something
which is,in itself, a living thing.

User ImageUser Image

Tanna couldn't believe it was the end of the year already.It seemed like only a few days ago that she had nervously sat at this very table wondering about her classes. Now she was a few short hours from returning back to London to her twin and to Joesph. Unwittingly a blush came upon her face just thinking of the brunette as well as a soft smile, she truly was excited about seeing him. She looked up from her thoughts as the Headmistress gave her speech and awarded Slytherin they're just rewards. As soon as she was seated she reached for a small bowl of soup and a few slices of bread. She hummed in appreciation at the taste of both as she dug in.

[Wearing: Saying Goodbye] [With: No one] [Where: My Classroom] [Feeling: Excited/Happy] [Thinking: I wonder what they'll do?!]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Muggle Studies

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Great Hall - Staff Table

Landon was surprised to see that the year when by so fast. Sure he started the year late but he made it through to say the least. He was glad to see that all the students were enjoying their feast before the summer holidays. It reminded him of when he attended Hogwarts. 'Congrats Slytherin.' he thought clapping as it was announced. He also clapped when Grayson Powell won for best Professor. Digging in he was glad to be a part of this year and hopefully many more.

With: Other Professors

OOC: ---
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:47 pm

User Image
User Image

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson walked into the Great Hall ad sat at the staff table, yawning widely. For some reason, ever since coming back from break, he'd been feeling more and more lethargic, though he could chalk it up to late nights adjusting lesson plans. Maybe one of these days he might actually listen to someone when they told him to go to bed and quit reading dusty old tomes. Today however was not one of those nights. As it was, the Sorting would be happening soon, and the professor wanted to see who would get into his old house. He laid his head down, trying to banish the cobwebs from his head. Well, maybe he needed a strong cup of tea. Yeah, that sounded good, or a good cup of straight black coffee. Either would work at the moment.

----------------------------------
State: Exhausted
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:07 am

User ImageL'amour est un oiseau rebelle // Que nul ne peut apprivoiser,
________________________Et c'est bien en vain qu'on l'appelle,

S'il lui convient de refuser.

User Image

uellauckabee
Professor Lulu, Transfiguration (Years Ⅰ-ⅠⅠⅠ)

Attire:[x]
Mood: Excited
Thoughts: 'How many children will I be teaching?'
» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

Lulu stepped into the hall shortly after Professor Powell, humming a tune to herself as she made her way down the rows of tables towards the large one at the front of the room. She couldn't help but to notice how empty the room was at the moment, but she knew that very soon the students would be filling each and every table and the staff would come pouring in as well. She was excited to be starting her year teaching at Hogwarts - to her, it was a nice break from traveling, which would seem odd to most but was entirely normal for Lulu. For once in her adulthood she was finally settling down for what she anticipated would be at least a few years. The longest Lulu had ever stayed in one place after graduating was her two months whilst in London, but that was a story for a different time and not one that she was prepared to delve in at the moment.

Focusing on the task at hand, Lulu headed to where she presumed her seat was to be at the staff table. She smiled at the sight of the Professor who looked to be napping at the table, wondering what he taught and why he looked so bored or was so tired. After she took a seat, Lulu turned to the Professor, chuckling softly as she spoke with a mild French accent. "You are sleepy, no?" She asked before introducing herself to the man. "Je m'apelle Lulu... Lulu Huckabee, ze new Transfiguration professor for years une à trois. Pleasure to meet you."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:38 am

User Image
Amata is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Bewitching at The Staff Tablespace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Grayson and Luluspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Hah! Early again! Two years in a row, new record!' spacespac
'The rain is falling on my windowpane,
But we are hiding in a safer place.'

Amata arrived at the Great Hall early this year, the second year in a row, and once again found she'd been beaten by Grayson. She approached the table just behind another woman, and heard her introduction, taking a seat beside Grayson as she listened. She felt rather accomplished, she mused. She'd not entered in the middle of, or completely missed, the feast, once again. That, in her mind, was a victory. She thanked herself inwardly for buying a clock instead of just saying she would, and offered the new professor a smile before glancing at Grayson. Oh, dear. His head down on the table, and no book in his hand. That had to be a bad sign. They hadn't spent overmuch time together (something which Amata admitted to herself that she would very much like to rectify in the near future), but she didn't think she'd seen him a single time without his nose in a book... well, except perhaps at the bookstore, but then he'd been in to buy a book, so it was just the same. She bit her lip, not quite sure what to do and feeling rather awkward. "Erm, Grayson, are you quite alright?" She placed a hand on his shoulder, and blushed a bit. Well, that was a bit familiar. But no reason to blush. She turned her gaze to the new professor, offering another smile. "Ah, I'm Amata Harlowe, the Mythology Professor... It's quite nice to meet you." Amata wondered if Grayson had stayed up late working on something, or reading. She knew it was a bit of a habit with him, and could very well be the reason he was basically falling asleep at the table. Nothing to worry about then, she decided. He'd perk up once everyone had arrived and the feast was underway.

'Under covers staying safe and warm,
                                                          You give me feelings that I adore.'

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:44 am

User ImageL'amour est un oiseau rebelle // Que nul ne peut apprivoiser,
________________________Et c'est bien en vain qu'on l'appelle,

S'il lui convient de refuser.

User Image

uellauckabee
Professor Lulu, Transfiguration (Years Ⅰ-ⅠⅠⅠ)

Attire:[x]
Mood: Feeling Under Dressed
Thoughts: 'J'aime her corset!'
» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

Upon seeing the next Professor to enter into the room, Lulu began to feel a little under dressed. She looked down at her dress and shrugged slightly, feeling it was already too late to go back and change. Being a new professor was only slightly nerve wracking for Lulu, but from what she could perceive through the interaction between Amata and Grayson it seemed as if the professors were friendly with one one another, and even to strangers and new additions to the family.

"Pleased to meet you Professor 'Arlowe. I love reading about zee mythologie! So many rich stories et.. 'ow do you say... such culture 'idden in zee stories." She said to the woman with a smile. "My favorite would be ze Greek Mythologie, Aphrodite, Athena, Persephone, ze stories are so rich."

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games