Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:29 pm
User Image

User Image

Echo took notice of the indignation in the boys eyes as she explained how the concept of magic often times affected muggles. I didn't mean anything negative about it... She shrugged and watched as some students were caught in the lake. Speaking over her shoulder she finally answered his question, "I have no idea which House I want to be in. I really like the color red though..." Snickering at students who were getting in trouble, she turned back to focusing on her own boat as the lanterns light up brightly.

The boat gave a heave and they were off! Excitement filled Echo again and she stood slightly, leaning over the bow of the boat. The wind whipped at her long hair and it swirled around in its stream. She couldn't help but smile until her cheeks hurt. "This is amazing! No wonder sailors are said to be so in touch with their core! I feel as though I'm floating through the air." She giggled at herself. Her reaction was probably a little exaggerated considering how the boats were merely scooting across the water toward the castle, but this was the first time she had ever been on any kind of nautical vehicle. "Emrys! Isn't this great?!"

User Image

((Exit to Boathouse))

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:10 pm
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...

User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

Nine. Ten. Eleve-

Tay immediately stopped counting once he felt that he had reached solid surface. To be honest, he wasn't sure whether or not he had been flown to the other side, or if he had simply just been led in the direction of the last boat that he had not noticed, ironically enough. Still, he had to restrain himself from his frantic count to soothe the fear which- could- spark a fury in its wake. "That was me," Tay forced himself to speak, polite, and almost, regal, with the glossy golden tint of his gaze, but the short stature of his frame undermined any 'would-be' ferocity behind it, and instead invoked a sense of humor.

"-but I don't know how everyone managed to pass me up." Ah ha. Excellent recovery for his mishap, he mentally tried to cheer himself up, but it hardly ever worked. "Guess it was one of those- the other person will get to it- kind of things." He tried to explain, but of course, that usually consisted of cleverly placing it upon someone else's shoulders. It seemed to make it easier on him as he continued to converse happily aboard the boat. "So wha's your story, eh? Now that we're not estranged from the lot, and all." His clear british accent rung thick in his low toned voice.

╔══════════════╗
Injuries: -
Mood: 'One. Two. Three-'
╚══════════════╝

User Image User Image User Image
..even heroes know when to be scared.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Odin Moon

Liberal Nerd

8,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:27 pm
User Image

"If I had know you wern't with some one I swear I would have knocked on your door. I thought the red head in your compartment and you had made friends, sorry. " Drake rubbed the back of his neck and smiled meakly.

"Oh and you question. The usual, get your letter from Drum that says I didn't get in and would have to wait till my 12th birthday. Da dispised those people. lot of blood haters the lot of them. His Mum is the one who sighed me up for it.

My Mum sighed me up for Hogwarts back when I was small, and well besides that I've been living like a muggle for the most part, save the flying bit and my friend beign a squib rather than a true muggle." Drake shook his head a bit rididng himself of the thoughts of Dill.

He smiled at Tay. "What house you hope to be in?" he said helping Tay out of the boat and onto the land of the boathouse.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:34 am
EMRYS VICT
----------§----------
----------§----------
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.
----------§----------
----------§----------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feeling the boat heave, gave Emrys a fright as he jumped slightly in his seat and gripped the rails tighter. But as the boat sailed smoothly, he relaxed more and sighed softly. Hearing Echo's excitement and watching her for a moment, he couldn't help but smile a little bit. 'I'm glad she's having fun.' He thought, still a little anxious to hurry and get off of this death trap. Or so he assumed. "I'll be a little more excited once we reach solid ground again." He told her, feeling his stomach give a slight turn.

((Exit to boathouse))
{~~~~~~~~FIRST YEAR~~~~~~~~} {~~~~~~~~UNSORTED~~~~~~~~}

User Image

SilentlyVicious

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:20 am
Jessica Sassareth

Unsorted
User Image[Entering from Hogsmeade Station, reposting here -- made a mistake sorry]

With great effort, Jessica continued to make her way to the docks. The redfaced redhead could hear voices ahead of her, she know she was close, "Just a little more... Ugh."

Tired green eyes finally spied the landing, and as she got closer lugging her backpack, suitcase, and luggage filled cart drug behind her. On top of her pile of luggage, a grey owl sat on it's perch inside an steel cage. Those closest to the struggling girl, might hear her wheezing effort and the wheels of her small cart.

"Uhhh Miss?"

Jessica slowly turned her head toward a man who looked like he work at the station, "Yes?"

The man held his cap in his hands, and his grimy face looked at the pale redhead nervously, "Ya can leave your luggage with us, and we'll 'ave it sent to tha castle. Just take your owl with ya, Miss."

"Oh....," the blushing redhead uttered as he handed over the handle to the cart, her suitcase, and her backback to the railman. Then, the pureblood retrieved the cage that held Bubo, looking up at the kindly railman, "Thank you, Sir."

The railman bowed slightly, "Tis our pleasure, Miss."

As the worker took Jess' belongings back up toward the station, the young girl took a few moments to recover her breath -- letting the slight breaze cool her face. Then, Jessica continued her trek down to the dock, still feeling the sweat on her back where the backpack once lay. Still a bit woozy, the pale girl walks out onto the dock and sits down in the first available boat going to the Boathouse.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:54 pm
((so sorry I've been a little behind on posting. I had a busy weekend!))

☆═━┈Ðąηїєℓℓє Ғѓїsk┈━═☆
------------------------------
---------------

User Image

User Image

•·.·´¯`·.·• Ғїѓs† yєąѓ •·.·´¯`·.·•´

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Danielle's excitement only grew when the groundskeeper announced that they would be moving on towards the boathouse on the other end of the lake, and she gasped in wonder as the lantern beside her in the boat illuminated and the vessel began to move silently forward through the lake abyss. She watched the dark water as they moved across the surface, wondering what creatures lurked just below. Kaera had told her of the rumors. Rumors about the merpeople that inhabited the lake's murky depths who would pull unsuspecting students into the water. And rumors about a great creature known as the giant squid. She shivered, this time not just from the chilly night air.

The glimmer of stars in the lake's otherwise blank canvas cast a mysterious air over the boats as they drifted onward, the knowledge of what was to come once they finally reached the opposite shore hanging over the group. As Danielle sat starting into the darkness before them, she began to make out a faint glow coming from the distance. As their boats drew nearer, she realized it must be the light from the boathouse, and the anticipation inside her nearly burst forth as she realized they were only minutes away. The boats slipped forward, and time seemed to stand still.

Then, all at once, it came into view. The castle stood before them, imposing and welcoming, magnificent and foreboding, and Danielle's breath caught in her throat. It more a more fascinating sight than even she could have imagined. And to think, she would be spending the next years of her life walking the halls. The stars created a shimmering backdrop behind the towers of the castle, creating a surreal scene as Danielle stared in awe.

Her stupor only broke when the boats, still sailing silently and smoothly, approached the boathouse and came to a rest beside its numerous docks. She looked to Alex, an unbelieving smile fixated across her features.

((to the boathouse!))

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Rechosia

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:15 pm
Jessica Sassareth

Unsorted
User ImageWhen Jess' boat approached the Boathouse, she was half asleep....

[Exit to Boathouse]  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:10 am
User Image
The last enemy that shall be destroyed...

As Rose approached the lake, she saw different boats approaching.

New students, she thought. She decided not to scare them. They'll find many ghosts inside the castle. They might as well enjoy the wonder of the castle before being surprised of its many secrets.

... is Death.

jiniistrawberii

Feral Fatcat

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:43 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Running from the towering, stone insides of the castle, Phi bounded toward the Lake, parchment gripped in both her pale hands.
Her eyes were a bit wild as they hungrily searched for signs of her friends, to no avail. She bounded closer to the Lake shore just to make sure, but no. She was the first for their meeting.
Phi stood, eyes still wide from her revelation, and staring at the castle door's for one of her friends to exit through.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:09 pm
User Image
яεġrετηστнιηġ ғεαяησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηεvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Colton's vision was blurry as he forced his feet to keep moving, taking him to the last place he wanted to be right now. When a small figure came into his fuzzy eye sight, he brought everything back into focus, his teeth clenching tighter then ever. It was her. If this meeting had taken place a day earlier, he would have had a swarm of butterflies taking flight inside his stomach, but that was not the case now.

Approaching Phi in silence, he nodded his hello, then dropped to the ground, clumsily and quite unlike himself. He considered handing her the note, but no, he couldn't blame her for not liking him. It was Ronyo he would give it to, because it was Ronyo who had betrayed him. Colton's eyes lost their focus once more as he stared out at the lake, not actually seeing the parade of ripples that swam across its surface while he waited for the last guest to join their party.

User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:21 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

"Colton!" She cried when she saw his unmistakable figure coming from the school. Phi resisted running towards him, and soon enough he was before her. She opened her mouth, about to throw herself into her fit of information, trying to snuffle that desperate need to talk to someone about all the things she had realized, but a strange look in her friend's eyes threw her off. She faltered and tried to see behind his usual wall of privacy for why he was not himself, but instead she pressed on.
"There were more papers. I found more names this time as well as notes. All of which are made to look as if you wrote them." She produced both the poster from the first floor and a few samples of the 'love notes' Colton had not written. She prayed that she had found them all.
"I believe we can assume now that this is Blaire's work. It is only targeting first years. This is no way to treat people, I hope I was the first to find these. I hope no one read them. I know these are not written by you, I have seen your writing," Phi faltered again seeing just how odd he was acting, "Blaire also started a club. An etiquette club, and for whatever he will use it for I think you and I both know it won't be to teach manners. He seems to be gathering students. The club and these posters are made to see reactions, assess personalities of the people that see them, not actually hurt them. That is the real goal."
Her words began to fade as she stood over her friend (who was still very tall regardless of being seated), her brow knitted. She crouched down next to him and tried to look into his striking grey eyes, trying to assess what was wrong without words.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:37 pm
User Image
яεġrετηστнιηġ ғεαяησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηεvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Colton tried to ignore Phi's words, but he couldn't push them out. Hearing what she was saying, he thought further about the note he found outside his common room. Being as observant as he was, he felt a bit ashamed that he could not pin-point whether or not the note he found was actually Phi's handwriting, so it took him several long moments to speak.

Turning his body to face her, he withdrew the folded note from his pocket and handed it to her.
"I found this where we found the other one...seventh floor." He told her, not actually expressing whether or not he believed it to be a fake. As he thought about it further, it was quite a coincidence that either Phi or Ronyo would happen to drop a note in the same spot where he had found Blaire's, something he also should have come to terms with earlier.

User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:44 pm
Black Lake/ Shore User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
First Year

Ronyo had made a slow walk down to the lake as he was trying to gather as much information together as he could from what he knew so far. In truth there was not a lot of cold hard evidence but a lot of circumstantial ones which would make their task even more difficult. It was obvious Blaire was up to something and by the reasoning and the small subtle acts being played it was a long running one.

Upon making his way to the lake the boy could already see his two friends standing there, and it looked like Phi had gotten started early. Ronyo chuckled a bit getting what happiness could be found at this point, and knowing likely the next few moments would be highly serious. As he came up to his friends he could see an odd mixture of emotions displayed in both of their eyes and general body language.

Phi seemed almost as joyful and energetic as she had during classes, which meant she had to have found something useful. She held more flyers and posters in her hands and Ronyo rolled his eyes at the number and thought if he should have done some looking around of his own.

Colton on the other hand had a look he had not seen before, or at least not towards him. The boy seemed wrapped in thought and likely emotions he was not used to letting out or using. Something seemed off and with any luck it would come out here.

"Sorry I'm late, I was trying to put some of these pieces together in my head. I think we should compile what we have seen, heard, and found and learn what patterns and similarities we can gain from this. So far all I have seen is bad slandering and gossip generating but those seem mild. I wouldn't be surprised if he started to ramp things up, and likely its only a matter of time before some of these rumors and lies start to get to people," Ronyo turned to the others and raised an eyebrow, "how about you two? I have a feeling those are more slander and head games, "Ronyo pointed to the papers in Phi's hand," We have a good amount of time with getting out after that test so let's use it the best we can."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:28 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
– Desiderius Erasmus
– Aesop
– Socrates
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi was startled when he produced his own parchment. She was about to burst out about how they had to stop this and how glad she was he had taken it for no one else to see, but she saw his face. He seemed a bit numb, as if trying to hide something from burst. Whether or not she was reading those grey eyes correctly, she could never be sure. His wall was more intact that she had seen it since the boat ride, and that fact worried her. Whatever thoughts of not reading this note the same way she had not read the last one that had caused him to be angry, she pushed away. She couldn't deny that something was wrong with him.

unfolding it and reading it quickly, she stared at the words.
"I didn't write this Colton." She said gently, looking back up from it. as this what hurt him? The prospect that she had feelings for Ronyo? Phi had never felt anything for a boy, much less thought about any situation as such. She had only read it in books, read of how powerful those sorts of feelings could be.
The redhead was oblivious to any signs of Colton's affections towards her from before, and even now her sharp mind did not realize he felt for her. Not because she couldn't see it, but because she didn't understand. A definition from a book was not quite enough for the girl to understand what it meant for her to like someone. And for someone to like her. That was knowledge she had not yet acquired. Mental maturity she had yet to reach. For now, it was only something she found in a few of her books.
"This isn't true." She had noted that he had not given her a statement of not believing in the words written, so she knew she had to confirm it for him. Phi took his hand in her's and squeezed it reassuringly with a smile dancing in her eyes as well.

She regained her standing position just as Ronyo came and she smiled at him as well, beckoning him closer. Once close, she listened to what he had to say and then recapped on the information she had shared with Colton. Handing Ronyo all the papers now, hesitating though with the one she had received from Colton and instead handed it back to the tall, stern boy.
"I can't say I know what he is after, and I feel that is the most important thing to find out. What could hurtful propaganda, head games and social clubs all lead to for him gain wise?"

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

Pale Mist

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:05 pm
Black Lake/ Shore User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
First Year

Seeing Phi hand one of the pieces of paper back to Colton Ronyo almost thought to ask about it, but sensing something stifling in the air he thought best to let the two of them handle that one. Ronyo had a good idea how Colton felt about the red head and likely the same in reverse, even if the girl did not fully understand the idea. Turning to regard Phi he listened to her and looked over the new information, most notably the club.

All the information was astounding to behold, so much done in so short an amount of time. Blaire had been busy and also been holding true to the name of Slytherin and the deceiving nature. However all battles were deceptive a true general fought with secrets and attacks his opponents plans, it was likely Blaire, even if not knowing of the principles, was doing the same.

"The end game is what eludes us here that is for sure, but it is obvious this is not just a play to the ideal pratils of school gossip. He's trying to gain insight into people like you said, he wants to gain knowledge on everyone he can of our year. Likely because he knows he would not fare as well against the upper classmen, yet. If he seeks knowledge then he seeks power, for we know the former is the ladder."

Ronyo stopped for a minute in thought and looked to his two friends and then to the lake. he rolled over the information and how best to use it to help the situation. The problem of proof still was paramount, as was the end game, and the plans for leading to that end game.

"We have information ourselves but it is all free information which means it holds less weight. Also we cannot hundred percent prove Blaire is the one behind this because it is obvious he knows how to cover his tracks, and likely will get better if we openly out him or the flyers. We can't fight him outright because we have seen what happens enough occasions when it comes to it, thanks to Drake and even Colton. We need to fight back but we need to be even more subtle than Blaire, but holding on to fundamentals so we do not become him," Ronyo gave a sigh and looked at the flyer for the club, "One of us needs to become a member of this club. We need a spy in order to learn anything more, but I also think we need to counter with something equally powerful as this club will likely become."

Ronyo stopped for a minute and gave a long sigh and took a deep breath. He had thought about this one idea as an option and had hoped not to come to it, but given the scope and the likelihood of the situation it may be what's needed. However they had neither the current skill or the resources to make it what he had hoped. Ronyo pulled out a book from his robes and held it up for all to see. It was one of his own personal books, one he had brought with him from home. It was historical and also a great tale of heroes and villains. It was the fifth volume of the seven volume works about the chosen one and the second wizarding war. Ronyo opened up to a page he had marked and let both Phi and Colton see.

"At one time the students created a club that was not known to the masses, and was done so to help prepare and shelter them from the evils that persisted in their times. Originally only a few joined but it grew strong enough to become something great. I think such a thing is needed again, and maybe it's for more local problems but I think its reason enough. However we can't simply ask or put up the sign talking about it. We would need to choose others we thought would be able to help and not turn on us because of something a piece of parchment said or the badgering of those who would see harm come to the group. A secret society where we could share information, practice, and prepare for anything, and should Blaire prove to be beaten the group could remain in case any others like him came to be. What do you think?"  
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games