Welcome to Gaia! ::

Were-Animals

Back to Guilds

Were-Item Guide 

Tags: Furry, Lycan, Anthro, Clan, zOMG 

Reply Contests and Games
~Trivia Contest~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kangit
Captain

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:55 pm
buchipeng
Kangit
buchipeng

Eh, I don't really like that feeling too, so I put lotion on before going to bed so that I won't have to touch so many things with my slimy hands. emotion_donotwant Why not try reminding devices like sticky notes or notes on your cellphone? idea

And that video got a good laugh out of me. I'm curious though, why doesn't the cat immediately lick itself in the video and just arches its neck (with its mouth opening too)? question

Whew, that's okay then. Zeus likes to do that too! whee He's not always allowed in my room to avoid "accidents" so he always stares when someone comes in. lol How are you teaching Lycos to cut it out?

Simba does? That's interesting. Does he see you preparing his food, like sprinkling the bark over his bowl? And they don't give you the lab results? I believe owners have the right to see those, and the normal numbers are indicated there too for reference. I wish I had a bit of your knack for researching those things. I'm not sure about pancreatitis, but diabetes aggravates kidney failure in humans so I guess it's the same with cats.

Well, let's be thankful that he at least has good months. And if those cats are really alive at 3 - 3 1/2 pounds, then Simba really has a good chance at living really longer. With Lycos around combined with your massage sessions, it seems that he would really be happy. cat_whee Also, how are you able to tell that he's happy? I'm really clueless about cat behavior since we only have dogs. sweatdrop

Recently, I haven't been forgetting to put hand lotion on, but my hands are still dry, and seem to be getting drier. I wonder if I've been doing something that makes me wash my hands more than usual. cat_neutral

I think if a cat is susceptible to the "butt pat reflex" (Simba doesn't seem to respond to this much), then I think if someone is doing it really fast, then the cat won't get the chance to actually lick itself, and is instead stuck at licking the air. cat_razz

Whenever I see she's staring intently towards my bedroom, I mostly just tell her "No". She usually runs before I say anything, though (if I'm coming from the bedroom).

I don't think Simba cares about how I prepare his food (he's always standing in the kitchen with me, so he's watching me every time), he mostly seems to care about what brand of food I'm giving him, and whether it's a pâté/minced texture (if it has chunks, he'll suck most of the liquid out of it, and leave all the chunks). cat_rolleyes

I don't think I'm forbidden from seeing the exact numbers, but I think they just assume that most people won't know what the numbers mean. When I asked, I believe they said it was less than 7, but more than 5 (I might be misremembering, though, because my memory seems pretty bad with purely-auditory information).

I think I'm only good at researching things that are either interesting, or information that helps Simba whenever he starts declining in health (since no one else seems to do research for him). If I try to research something that I'm not completely obsessed with, I can't find any relevant information, or I go to the wrong place, etc..

Even during his "bad months", where he loses weight, he doesn't act any different. Still eats and everything. Since he seems to be eating close to the amount he should, I'm either miscalculating how much food he needs for his body weight, or something is preventing him from absorbing all of his food (I wonder if I should do research for worms).

Well, he seems happy because: He follows people around and trips them (I assume that's a good sign, if we don't accidentally hurt him); When I pet him, he gets an extremely contented look on his face; He doesn't need appetite stimulant to make him eat; His eyes seem to be "perky", despite being dehydrated (which give cats sunken eyes, and somehow makes them look sadder); And recently, he looks more cozy in his bed than usual (he used to sleep more in a hunched-over-on-his-stomach position), which could imply either his joints feel a little better, or he has less stomach acid (being hunched over are symptoms of those). cat_3nodding

ARGH. Chrome just crashed and I wasn't able to recover anything I've typed up til now. I was about to finish too. gonk So here's what I can remember:

Maybe it's your shifts at the library? surprised And that must be the reason why the poor cat's mouth was open the whole time. rofl

Lycos must know that you're about to tell her the same short lecture so she just runs off before hearing it. xd

Oh, he probably doesn't like chewing, or he knows that if he eats those chunks without chewing them for a length of time that he'll get indigestion. 3nodding

I was just surprised about you not seeing his lab results, since Zeus' pet record has his lab records stuck in there. His vet wrote down the normal levels for crea at 12-17 mmol/dL I think (not really sure about the unit of measurement) so our laboratories probably don't use the same units.

Well, being able to find valuable information when you're bent on it is still something admirable.

Really? Hmm, research about worms would be good. Maybe you should also check his digestive system's functioning? surprised

Ah, that part about him tripping people made me smile since Zeus does that a lot too (especially when it's meal time). That contented look must be so nice to look at. emotion_kirakira (now I want a cat version of the kirakira too) And I can imagine those perky eyes. He must've looked so pitiful when he slept in that hunched position. sad

Oh, and I noticed just now that I've had Chaconne on repeat for a while now. If you're in the mood to just listen, I'd recommend it. whee (Though I'm not sure if you like classical music question )

Simba still eats his dry food, though, so he only has a problem wet food with chunks.

He still sits hunched sometimes, but it seems to be considerably rarer now. I can't get him to eat Slippery Elm Bark or his arthritis medicine everyday, but if the medicine is the cause of him feeling better, then apparently, he doesn't need it every day to get it's good effects. cat_3nodding

I don't know if I like classical music, either. I don't listen to music much anyway, but most of the music that I find "catchy" and fun to listen to never seem to be classical, so I don't know. But I heard it's safer to listen to classical music when driving than any other kind of music. cat_razz  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:02 pm
buchipeng
Kangit
buchipeng

Yeah, that's a thread that's full of dislikes. xd Maybe it's because he wants close to MP prices? confused

And I do know that you're wearing it, that was why I noticed the similarity between it and your creature. cat_razz Is it animated in zOMG or towns? cat_question

It has some animation, but it's a little stiff for my taste. Front and back look exactly the same, and only the legs and wings move. But the legs lift up off the ground when moving, and the little green wings flap. So it's slightly stiff, but it's otherwise good, and glitch-free.

Really? Have you tried wearing Inari's to Towns/zOMG? THAT'S stiff. rofl
I didn't even think that those wings would move, much less that they were wings. xd

Yes, I've worn that to Towns. Only their skinny little legs move. cat_razz

When I first saw Lyndexer's Journal, I assumed it was wearing a cape or clouds. They don't look like very aerodynamic wings.  

Kangit
Captain

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:43 pm
Trivia Question: Answer

Which Were-Item "think he's too cool for you"?

Answer: Rocker the Pug

Winner: buchipeng
Prize: 20,000g, Ace Meow

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:25 am
Kangit
Trivia Question:

Rocker the Pug does. whee  

buchipeng

8,550 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

buchipeng

8,550 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:29 am
Kangit
buchipeng

ARGH. Chrome just crashed and I wasn't able to recover anything I've typed up til now. I was about to finish too. gonk So here's what I can remember:

Maybe it's your shifts at the library? surprised And that must be the reason why the poor cat's mouth was open the whole time. rofl

Lycos must know that you're about to tell her the same short lecture so she just runs off before hearing it. xd

Oh, he probably doesn't like chewing, or he knows that if he eats those chunks without chewing them for a length of time that he'll get indigestion. 3nodding

I was just surprised about you not seeing his lab results, since Zeus' pet record has his lab records stuck in there. His vet wrote down the normal levels for crea at 12-17 mmol/dL I think (not really sure about the unit of measurement) so our laboratories probably don't use the same units.

Well, being able to find valuable information when you're bent on it is still something admirable.

Really? Hmm, research about worms would be good. Maybe you should also check his digestive system's functioning? surprised

Ah, that part about him tripping people made me smile since Zeus does that a lot too (especially when it's meal time). That contented look must be so nice to look at. emotion_kirakira (now I want a cat version of the kirakira too) And I can imagine those perky eyes. He must've looked so pitiful when he slept in that hunched position. sad

Oh, and I noticed just now that I've had Chaconne on repeat for a while now. If you're in the mood to just listen, I'd recommend it. whee (Though I'm not sure if you like classical music question )

Simba still eats his dry food, though, so he only has a problem wet food with chunks.

He still sits hunched sometimes, but it seems to be considerably rarer now. I can't get him to eat Slippery Elm Bark or his arthritis medicine everyday, but if the medicine is the cause of him feeling better, then apparently, he doesn't need it every day to get it's good effects. cat_3nodding

I don't know if I like classical music, either. I don't listen to music much anyway, but most of the music that I find "catchy" and fun to listen to never seem to be classical, so I don't know. But I heard it's safer to listen to classical music when driving than any other kind of music. cat_razz

Hmm. That's interesting. He still eats the dry food with chunks/bite-sized pieces?

That's good to know. cat_whee How do you coax him to eat them anyway? surprised The Bark's in powder form so you just mix it in his food, but what about his arthritis medicine? surprised

I didn't know either, until I heard "Waltz of the Sugarplum Fairy" from The Nutcracker. xd Is that true? emotion_jawdrop Then I'd better burn a CD of it. xd  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:32 am
Kangit
buchipeng

Really? Have you tried wearing Inari's to Towns/zOMG? THAT'S stiff. rofl
I didn't even think that those wings would move, much less that they were wings. xd

Yes, I've worn that to Towns. Only their skinny little legs move. cat_razz

When I first saw Lyndexer's Journal, I assumed it was wearing a cape or clouds. They don't look like very aerodynamic wings.

Told you they were stiff. cat_lol

I didn't even have a hunch of what those green things were until you told me they were wings. emotion_facepalm And yeah, they don't really look conducive to flying, but this is Gaia, so there's no problem when it comes to making a huge creature fly with tiny, leaf blade-like wings.  

buchipeng

8,550 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:51 pm
buchipeng
Kangit
Trivia Question:

Yes, he does. cat_xp

Although, I think it should be "thinks he's too cool for you", so unless Gaia did that intentionally, it seems like a typo. You want the 20,000g or Ace Meow? cat_cool (Kitty face thinks he's too cool for you)  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:59 pm
Kangit
buchipeng

Yes, he does. cat_xp

Although, I think it should be "thinks he's too cool for you", so unless Gaia did that intentionally, it seems like a typo. You want the 20,000g or Ace Meow? cat_cool (Kitty face thinks he's too cool for you)

Oh, so that was the odd feeling I got while reading it. I didn't really notice until you pointed it out though. lol

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I've seen various errors in item descriptions here, but I can't recall the names of those items. I think in one item, "wear" was typed in place of "we're"

I'd go for the Ace Meow again please. dramallama Llama doesn't care. hoho.
Gaia seriously needs to make a penguin emote that I can use. *sighs*

buchipeng

8,550 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:21 pm
buchipeng
Kangit
buchipeng

Hmm. That's interesting. He still eats the dry food with chunks/bite-sized pieces?

That's good to know. cat_whee How do you coax him to eat them anyway? surprised The Bark's in powder form so you just mix it in his food, but what about his arthritis medicine? surprised

I didn't know either, until I heard "Waltz of the Sugarplum Fairy" from The Nutcracker. xd Is that true? emotion_jawdrop Then I'd better burn a CD of it. xd

Yep. He might like crunchy food, but not chewy.

Pretty much all I have to do is put the food on the floor. He seems more likely to eat food the closer it is to his bed. He unfortunately seems to like eating food in the kitchen, which is Lycos's area (so she gets whiny and impatient). Even when I put the food by Simba's bed, Lycos doesn't seem to eat it when I leave, so either she's unaware of it's existance/forgot I put it there, or she knows what will happen if she eats food that isn't her's. If I hide the food behind a cat beanbag/ottoman, she doesn't even seem to be tempted.

His arthritis medicine is also in powder form, just like the Slippery Elm Bark. He seems to like stuff from sprinkle capsules.

I believe I heard that classical music is good for preventing road rage, specifically. I don't know if it has any other effects.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:31 am
buchipeng
Kangit
buchipeng

Yes, he does. cat_xp

Oh, so that was the odd feeling I got while reading it. I didn't really notice until you pointed it out though. lol

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I've seen various errors in item descriptions here, but I can't recall the names of those items. I think in one item, "wear" was typed in place of "we're"

I'd go for the Ace Meow again please. dramallama Llama doesn't care. hoho.
Gaia seriously needs to make a penguin emote that I can use. *sighs*

I'm usually pretty good at noticing typos in sentences. Was that a Were-Item, or something else? cat_cool Cool kitty is too cool to care that you don't care. Hoho.  

Kangit
Captain

buchipeng

8,550 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:45 am
Kangit
buchipeng

Pretty much all I have to do is put the food on the floor. He seems more likely to eat food the closer it is to his bed. He unfortunately seems to like eating food in the kitchen, which is Lycos's area (so she gets whiny and impatient). Even when I put the food by Simba's bed, Lycos doesn't seem to eat it when I leave, so either she's unaware of it's existance/forgot I put it there, or she knows what will happen if she eats food that isn't her's. If I hide the food behind a cat beanbag/ottoman, she doesn't even seem to be tempted.

His arthritis medicine is also in powder form, just like the Slippery Elm Bark. He seems to like stuff from sprinkle capsules.

I believe I heard that classical music is good for preventing road rage, specifically. I don't know if it has any other effects.

Meh, it just might be because of the texture then. whee

Then making him eat is not a problem for now. 3nodding Just to confirm, is Simba's bed in the living room or in the kitchen? Maybe he's used to eating in the kitchen because he was fed there in his early years. idea

I'm curious about this: Simba looks at you while you're preparing his food, so does he see you sprinkling his medicine over the food? Or does he like the stuff because of the taste alone? surprised

Well, it is calming. It's good that no people ever fell asleep behind the wheel while listening to it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:39 am
Kangit

I'm usually pretty good at noticing typos in sentences. Was that a Were-Item, or something else? cat_cool Cool kitty is too cool to care that you don't care. Hoho.

I suppose you are too. whee I can't really remember, but I believe it wasn't a Were-Item. dramallama Llama's too stupid to even notice. :b  

buchipeng

8,550 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:01 pm
buchipeng
Kangit
buchipeng

Meh, it just might be because of the texture then. whee

Then making him eat is not a problem for now. 3nodding Just to confirm, is Simba's bed in the living room or in the kitchen? Maybe he's used to eating in the kitchen because he was fed there in his early years. idea

I'm curious about this: Simba looks at you while you're preparing his food, so does he see you sprinkling his medicine over the food? Or does he like the stuff because of the taste alone? surprised

Well, it is calming. It's good that no people ever fell asleep behind the wheel while listening to it.

Simba's bed is in the living room. Whenever I take his food and put it in the kitchen for Lycos, he follows me and starts eating it (usually). In his early years, he was fed in the living room, but on top of a table. He would have to jump on his chair (his bed), then jump onto the table.

When Simba was diagnosed with an ear infection (which was thought to be permanent, but it got fixed on it's own), it made him easily tippy, and we didn't want him jumping on the table when he was like that (if he fell off, there would be a serious problem). Every time he shook his head (it was probably itchy from the ear infection), he would completely fall over and hit stuff. It was kind of cute, but he looked really pitiful at the same time. So we moved his food and litterbox to the bathroom/bedroom area, and since he was already old and had a few symptoms of arthritis, we decided to just leave his stuff on the floor even after he got better.

I think Simba likes eating in the kitchen because he likes messing with Lycos. He also seems to like being in whatever area we're currently in. He's a social kitty. cat_razz

I have no idea what Simba sees. I'm either looking at him or I'm looking at the food. Even if he can see what I'm doing, he probably can't tell the difference between adding medicine or watering it down (I hang around the sink with both).

I'm sure there's people who've fallen asleep listening to every kind of music. People are talented. cat_smile  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:18 am
Trivia Question: Answered

Between Siku the White Wolf, Nochi the Black Wolf, and Lobo the Gray Wolf, which wolf does not have blue eyes?

Answer: Lobo the Gray Wolf

Winner: crazykid104

Kangit
Captain

crazykid104

Mega Goat

16,675 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Firestarter 200
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:03 pm
Kangit
Trivia Question:

Between Siku the White Wolf, Nochi the Black Wolf, and Lobo the Gray Wolf, which wolf does not have blue eyes?

i know this one; the kobo the gray wolf!!  
Contests and Games

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games