Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply Roleplay Subforum
Pokémon Legends: Court of Kings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Klarp Glornharm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:03 am
Heroes. Now that was a term that Benedict didn't exactly mind hearing, and yet part of him felt Sal's term was more right, somehow. Veterans of something. Not a war, but they'd seen something of the pokemon world's dangers. "Well, I'm sure we've all at least gotten stories out of it. Whatever you decide to call us. Maybe someday when we're all old, we can swap them like war stories."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:48 pm
"We saved people," Grant said, "that's what counts."  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:20 pm
Sal left Grant's comment hanging. She needed to know more about him before she could be sure he wasn't a threat. With his lack of recognition concerning the injuries The Sniper gave her, he didn't seem suspicious. So far. If Grant was here to do something about her, there was no telling if Benedict was safe either.

"It doesn't look like you two know each other," Sal remarked after a moment of silence. "Benedict, Grant. Grant, Benedict." She gave each of them little nods while saying their names, yet her eyes landed of Grant afterwards. "It's rare, seeing a sponse that isn't a Kalosian Noble. Where are you from, Grant?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:07 am
"I hope we did. We tried at least." Benedict replied with a shrug. When Sal introduced the two of them to each-other, he considered reaching out a hand for the sponsored fellow to shake. Like someone who was terrified of anything that might cause him to fall off, Benedict decided against that, and instead nodded at the other trainer. "She's right. That's not too normal, so you've gotta be pretty good."  

Klarp Glornharm

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:06 am
"Yeah, a bit," Grant said to Benedict's question. He'd been at it for years, trying his best to get through the league. It was his first time getting this far and so he felt good about it and his skill. He wasn't sure how far he could take it, though, as the league got progressively harder as you collected more badges.

"I'm from Sinnoh," he said to Salieri next.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:29 pm
Salieri looked ahead as they entered Cyllage City. People on the street looked on at the phenomenon that was the flying Torkoal, but both she and Banksy were used to it by now. "Been in Kalos long?" she asked Grant over her shoulder. What could be small talk was Sal's way of getting information.  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Klarp Glornharm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:06 pm
Benedict shrugged at the answer. It might have been bragging, but he was pretty sure that someone being sponsored didn't happen if they weren't good. "How'd you meet your sponsor?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:38 pm
"Are you guys really that curious?" Grant said, a big grin on his face. He had been getting accustomed to attention after he became a sponsored trainer, but it was still weird to be asked so many questions. "I got here a bit before the league started." He looked back to Benedict. "They just called me up and said they wanted to sponsor me. As long as I sponsor their gear," he pulled the sleeve of his jacket down to show his poketch watch, "they sponsor me. I was one of the first people to win a badge in the league, within the first hour, actually. They liked my match enough that they called me up, said if I could do it the next day they'd send a jacket, so I did. Got my third badge today, and my fourth is coming tomorrow."  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:03 pm
"Ouf. Maybe they'll send you a beret and a t-shirt next." There's no way he's working with the darkhorse hunters, unless he's a liar. From the edge of the fence, Salieri decided to land on the side that gave Grant the benefit of the doubt. Still, she was on guard in case she was wrong, or more pressingly, in case The Sniper decided to attack.

Banksy rounded a corner down the main street, and the Pokémon Center was dead ahead. The Torkoal slowed down to a crawl, and in front of the door Salieri would jump off and Banksy would lower to the ground. Once Benedict and Grant got off, Sal would return her brother's Pokémon.

"I don't know where the hospital is, but the nurses here should still be able to help you guys out." The trainers didn't realize they had become her camouflage, yet Salieri still felt a little guilty for using them that way. As long as there was somebody who could attack her unseen from a distance with ridiculous precision, no one around her was really safe.

So she stood in the doorway and let the automatic doors stay open, hoping they'd soon follow her inside. "Hey Benedict, did you take on the Santalune Gym yet?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:35 pm
Benedict nodded. "I guess that's how it would happen." He would follow Sal off Banksy, and look back at the sponsored trainer. Part of him was tempted to see just how good one of those were, but Grant had also said he was at least two badges ahead of Benedict. It would be like the time he'd sent Essence against Sal's pokemon. Except with less flirting before-hand.

"I've mostly just got bruises, nothing I should need a hospital for." He replied, turning that grin to Sal. It was lucky, considering a building had tried to fall on him before. He was right behind her as she went towards the center, but wouldn't have blamed Grant for going off to a hospital. That guy had seemed pretty messed up.

"Santalune? Oh. Bug lady. That was pretty rough. Easier than I thought it'd be though."  

Klarp Glornharm

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:31 pm
Cyllage was caught between a mountain and the beach side. The cold ocean wins gave Grant a chill in the night air, despite the summer temperature. "I'll be fine," Grant told them both with a casual wave of his hand. "Just a lot of papercuts." He wasn't bleeding, cut littered in cuts. They looked close, but it wasn't worth a hospital trip, it just felt like it was.

"I'm just gonna get myself a hotel room for the night and challenge the gym in the morning." He made a mental note of his capable Pokemon. Stopping by the center might take priority away from trainers that would need it, and Grant resolved to just jump into things. He was confident in his team. He could also use his Audino to make sure he had a capable roster.

"Maybe I'll see you guys later."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:44 pm
He had a Budew, didn't he? I wonder if he used his Grass type too. Before Salieri could ask, Grant announced his departure. "Hold on."

She crossed her arms and looked out at the sea past the townhouses. There was no telling if she would've been attacked if she came back from the beach alone, but either way Salieri felt like she used the two boys for her own gain. "Grant...you only owe me one favor."

Sal's eyes shifted to the closer Benedict. "And you, you don't owe me at all." There. Score settled. Ahhh, much better.  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:13 pm
((Heroes of Rubble is actually a pretty accurate description of the crew ninja ))

Sycamore Research Lab - The Guest Room

So that's what was bothering her. Zack pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. Sometimes it was easy to forget that Helena was just a kid. She hadn't been the one to go off and see the world, or spend half her life training. And she certainly hadn't undergone the kind of training Zack had. He shouldn't be surprised to see her break down like this, and for the most part he wasn't. But there was still a strong part of him that felt disappointed, like she was letting him down. He looked her in the eye, tired.

'Nothing bad happened.' Zack said, 'I'm here, you're here. You can't just shut down because you're scared of what might happen. Now go to bed.'  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:02 pm
((Honestly, I kind of like it as a title, too. Benedict: Hero of Rubble! And when he becomes a noble, he can be Benedict: Lord of Rubble.))

Benedict looked back at Grant. He didn't know the guy, like, at all really. They'd actually just met and flown on a turtle together. For a moment, he considered giving a halfhearted goodbye, but then Sal started saying something. Owing her. Of course, he realized, she wouldn't have given them a ride for free.

But it sounded like she might have decided the two were at least worth being a little friendly towards. "Thanks." His gaze turned back to Grant. "I'm sure we'll see each other around. Certainly after the gyms, right? I can't imagine you won't make it that far at least." The guy was what he was, after all.

He looked at Sal. Was it smart to flirt with her? She was his rival, so that meant they might see each other a lot. Might end up blowing up in his face. "I guess I can do you a favor anyway, if the center's out of room." He decided. After what had happened, the place was probably filled with trainers.

But then, doing that favor would mean... talking to his parents.  

Klarp Glornharm

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:39 pm
Sycamore Research Lab - The Guest Room

What almost happened. Helena wanted to say, but the words were caught in her throat. Instead she sat firmly in the chair next to Zack's bed and gently grasped the locket around her neck. "I'm staying here," she said. Helena looked Zack in the eyes and tried to show her determination, but she wasn't sure how. She just sort of mentally willed it at him, or tried to.

Cyllage City

Grant shrugged his shoulders at Salieri. Whatever her reason for dropping a favor, it didn't really concern him. It did, however, add cool points to her in his book. "Thanks," he said.

Then Benedict made his move, and Grant caught on immediately. "That's my cue," he said and slipped away. Unless someone stopped him.  
Roleplay Subforum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games