Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:55 pm
Nelowulf
If nothing else, if you do have gundams, make the pilots of non-gundam units able to outdo them with specific tactics and skills. Like Zechs, who can fight on fair ground without said suits, or Noin, who is constantly battling in the taurus.

Thats usually the plan.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:56 pm
If a Ball can fight a Zaku to stalemate, so should the ability for people to kick a gundam's a**.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:59 pm
I have a major problem with people thinking that the most powerful MS will win the fight. Seriously, a lot of it depends on the operator...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:59 pm
If you're refering to Shiro Amada, that Zaku he fought was a prototype High Performance Model too.
Still fought it to a draw in his Ball.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Aye, in space no less. And considering most people think that balls are basically junk anyway, that should be saying something.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:05 pm
Johnny Malone
I have a major problem with people thinking that the most powerful MS will win the fight. Seriously, a lot of it depends on the operator...

It ALL will depend on the operator, though if the gap is too great between suits, the worse that can happen is that it will be a draw.
This is made clear in the 1st Gundam series. Charr wasn't able to secure a victory over Amuro because the quality gap in their suits was too great. Had Charr aquired a better MS (which, for the zekes, did not exist yet) he would have waltzed all over Amuro.

And these little kids in Mobile suits pisses me off as well. I know its part of the genre but yet it doesn't make sense to my western mind.
I know war pilots tend to be young but this is an extreme.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:07 pm
Nelowulf
Aye, in space no less. And considering most people think that balls are basically junk anyway, that should be saying something.

It was a spacenoid on spacenoid engagement. Shiro was from a colony. Besides, you'd only find balls in space.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:11 pm
Sorry, that line was just way too funny....

There is something to be said about pilots. Most aces are late twenties, early thirties, balancing youth with combat experience. I'm sure you could push it to early twenties, even late teens, but you'd almost need to create a heero archetype, with no skills outside combat and tactical engagements whatsoever. Social and other skills would be quite lacking.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:12 pm
So you're saying your average Gaia rp'er?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:13 pm
I don't know what you think is so funny Nelo.
All I said was that the only people with balls in Gundam are spacenoids.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:14 pm
*giggle*  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:16 pm
Johnny Malone
So you're saying your average Gaia rp'er?

No s**t.
You ever read any of their attempts at interacting with one another in character?
Its pathetic.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:19 pm
Missing00
*giggle*

What, you think its funny that no one on earth had balls?
Its not. Its a serious matter. It took balls to slow the Zekes' advance down, balls that the Earth didn't have. Only the Colonists had the balls for the job.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:22 pm
Cale Darksun
Missing00
*giggle*

Its not. Its a serious matter. It took balls to slow the Zekes' advance down, balls that the Earth didn't have. Only the Colonists had the balls for the job.

...Balls *giggls and floats away*  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:24 pm
Missing00
Cale Darksun
Missing00
*giggle*

...Balls *giggls and floats away*

Grab him Nelo! he's getting a way!!
*entangles Missing in Proton Stream*  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games