Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

aristocraft

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:03 pm
Erm, hello!
I'm new to the guild.
Well, obvious, right? Hehe.

I really like the idea of a group of people standing up for grammar. It's quite refreshing, compared to the multitudes of people out there that can't type and extra letter. sweatdrop

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

Call me Aera. :]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:04 am
Hey, I'm a literate 17-year-old. Thanks for accepting me into this guild!  

kilick

yneerg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:48 pm
Not much to say except I'm 15 years old and I like anime, manga, and drawing in my free time. If you want to know anything else, just PM me... neutral

And thanks for accepting me into this guild. =]  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:31 am
Greetings all!
Due to my paranoid persona I'll allow you fine people to call me (Kin no) Nabi or Frankie if you so wish.
I am 18 years old, which is legal enough for me xd .
I am half British, half German. I am proficient in most aspects of the English language, especially spelling [Hey, with friends who would use you as a dictionary since the age of 8 or 9...] although to deflate my ego I'd like to point out that I am human and sometimes make mistakes and overlook them.
I also use German to a relatively good degree... although THAT grammar confuses me no end and I simply use it instinctively. ^__^;;
I enjoy most things including art and design [including manga], reading [crime, mystery, fantasy, romance, and several other genres - apart from sport.. ¬__¬;], reading and watching manga and anime [Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Fruits Basket, Special A, Vampire Knight, etc...], role playing with full sentences, playing video games [Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Sims 2, Starcraft], studying languages [English, German, French, and Japanese... I hope to try Korean or Italian next]-- and, like I see many others have written, a good debate [Almost any subject. However, although I am very open about subjects concerning the first and second world war, I SEVERELY dislike those who want to rub it in my face because of my nationality, as though these two events were caused by me or someone I know. Yes, unfortunately I have met these types of people.]

I also like the colour green, the number 8 and 13, butterflies, pizza, katsudon and stickers. =]

Pleased to meet you~

Kin no Nabi

3,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

-x x kyoxtohru x x-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:25 pm
User Image
Hiyo! Time to learn a bit about -x x kyoxtohru x x-. That's me!
Well, for starters, I'm a literate 12-year-old. I'm from Ohio, and have grown up here my whole life. MAJOR allergy problems. Especially this year. And what makes it better, I have a d--k head for a homeroom teacher. Oh well.
I'm in the 7th grade, and it's my second year of junior high, so, yeah; I've had a lot of experiences with very dumb audible and online "txt tlkng." I'm one of the top spellers in my grade, on Student Council, Pride Club, and am in Drama Club. Also, I go to a church class after schools on Tuesdays.
Well, there's your basic information.
I am a bit overweight, so I'm not the prettiest. But, I gotta say, I pull it off. I do eat healthy and exercise (sp?) when I CAN, so I'm trying.
Anyways, a few of my hobbies are watching anime (mostly Naruto), reading (mangas: mainly Fruits Basket, novels: mainly fantasy / realistic fiction), and playing on the computer.
Naruto couples I LOVE:
KibaHina, KakaSaku, ShikaTema, Neji+TenTen, and I'm alright with NaruHina.
Oh! I'm an idiot! I forgot to mention my two favorite bands. DBSK (A Korean boy-band), and Boys Like Girls (Just awesome like that.) I'm saving up money to either visit South Korea in the future, or maybe even go to college there and learn the language fluently. I'm also currently trying to learn the language.
WOW, that was a lot. I have a few facts left, so bear with me. My favorite color is blue, and my "lucky" number is 13.
Any questions? PM me or become my friend to get to know me!

I look forward to getting to know everyone in this guild. n_n

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:52 am

Hello.

My name is Alana.

I'm 21 years old and yes, I know, it's like the new 50 here on gaia.

I'm here because I've grown very tired of most of the threads on this site's forums. The terrible misuse of grammar makes my heart break a little. And the towns! Goodness...

But all that aside, I'm a fairly simple, down to earth and logical person. I analyze things perhaps a little too much but it's better than missing something.

I try to look at things from all points of view to the best of my abilities and may not forgive you if you don't attempt to do the same.

That brings me to my pet peeves. I dislike close minded people and adore people open to new ways of thinking.

I try to be kind always but it always helps if other people are as friendly, or at least give me a chance. Thank you very much. ^^

Rabid Keese

Vampiric Demon

Hisoka-tan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 am
Hello hello~

My name is Hisoka. Pleased to meet you. I'm a literate 19-year-old (but who isn't literate here?) and I hail from Poland. Ah yes, that country called Poland. I was once asked in primary school if I came to America on a polar bear. Silly boy, everyone knows pengiuns are faster =P.

One day I will become the crazy cat lady but for now i'm happy just being a writer/grammar nut. Oh gosh, there's so much more that I could say but there's studying to do for finals (not that I'm itching to study) and absolutly no time to do it all. So with that I bid you farewell.

Have a great day guys!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:44 am
Thanks for accepting me!

I'm bead_vamp, but you can just call me bv. I'm 27, almost 28 (see signature). I'm from North Carolina, USA. I've been writing for almost as long as I can remember. I constantly work to improve my grammar so that my writing can be better understood.

I am fortunate enough to work in a bookstore, and I absolutely love my job! I recently received a promotion to keyholder and am now working full time. So I must leave you all now to get ready for work. ^_^

Laters,
bv  

bead_vamp

Diuy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:51 am
DarkElf27
'Tis me, the over-literate 14 year old, with more complex views on every matter than you can imagine. I've been told that I'm argumentative, but in truth, I just love a good debate. So if I take the opposite side of an issue from you, its not necessarily that I actually back that side, I just want to see how well you can support your point. Well then, that said, I hope you don't take anything that I say too personally, as I rarely mean it that way.

(I'm also told that I can be a tad bit arrogant, if so, I apologize, don't let it get to you.)

'Tis me, the over-literate 13 year old, with a brain of a fifty year old philosophizer. I am aware that philosophizer is not a word. I think it should be though. I act like a kid when I can, as I am a very eccentric individual. When it comes to debating, although, I am the fifty year old philosophizer. When debating, I try to back up my point of view with as many facts as possible. Thank you for your time. ((Rock...rocks...))  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:29 pm
Hello, I am Bazisan. You can call me Bazi. I am ancient in Gaia terms so please don't ask my age or tell me yours it just makes me feel older. When the kids I remember being born are getting married.... crying

Anyway, I was an English major in college. I had no idea what I wanted to do (and still don't.) so I majored in my favorite class. I can be a little immature and sometimes a bit stupid, but I guess some of us just never grow out of that. I am a housewife to a wonderful Airman in the United States Air Force. I love my country almost as much as I love my husband but lately moving to another country is looking better and better. Most of the presidential candidates terrify me. But enough about that...

I am a writer though I have never been published, hell, I've only ever finished four stories, and three of those are part of a short story series that isn't finished, and the fourth is only 247 words. *sigh* I am currently actively working on three books (Inactively I've lost count).

Well, I think I have written quite enough here so I'll see you in the forums.  

Bazisan

giomuffin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:43 am
Hi! I'm new, I'm sixteen years old and I'm Italian (so I'm not so good at English but I really love it!). I hope you will understand my English. I love reading (expecially Italian writers), writing and travelling, I really like sports (in particular rugby, hockey and others) and music (I love rock and folk one). I'm quite talkative and I like chatting with people from other countries, so I hope I'll make some new friends.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:24 pm
This is actually my second post in this thread, but my first one was almost a year ago, so... I figure I had best do it again.

I've even changed my username since then - it used to be raverofcowboys.

I joined Gaia then didn't post much until some point last week. I got exceptionally bored and took to making attempts at discussion in the ED. That got me invited to a secret Guild which led to me finally coming back into this one.

I have the banner, I figure I'd best be active in the guild.

My name is Katie, I'm 20 and I live in Texas. Those are my basics. Now off to post I go!  

QuixoticNeurotic

Yuri Takakuwa

Benevolent Sex Symbol

11,400 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:58 pm
Hiya! Let's all talk about me some by the name of hm, I don't know, maybe uh Yuri2004? Lol!

Well as you can tell, I am Yuri2004, but you may call me Yuri or Yuyu for the fun of it all.

Well, I am a literate 16 year-old girl from Maryland. I'll be turning 17 on March 15th! Yay, means that I am almost legal ;;>.>. I have never been into the whole, "writing poems and stories" thing until a few years ago. That was then when I found out that I had a talent or something of that sort. It was my "thing" I guess. I love to write poems and stories. I already have a poem publish, sad thing is I was never able to keep track of it. Not only do I love writing poems and stories, but I also like to write songs. Well some say that Poems are songs, but, I have written a few song in my days that I have actually been able to add music too. All with the help of a friend of mines who is trying to pursue a music career.

I am not an uptight person! I am very relax and clam. Heh, I'm more so goofy, crazy, wild (in a good way!) and I just love to have fun and just very outgoing! Not only that I do tend to get distracted rather easy. It's kind of funny when you think about it.

I'm just happy to know that there are people out there (in this guild) who really do have a concern of grammar and spelling. Not only on Gaia and the Internet but just every where really. It doesn't hurt to type out all of your words or to add a period ( i.e. a small simple dot that signifies the end of you sentence). It's just getting crazy! @.@

But I'm a friendly person, and I hope I'll be able to make some new friends while I am here too.

PM me any time! And looks like I have the first post in this area for the New Year! Woot!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:06 am
Hello everyone.
I'm 17-years-old and go by the nickname Mush. Not much else to say.
If I make any grammatical errors please correct me.  

Mushed

A Blepper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:37 am
Hello! Thank you for accepting me into this guild! I'm 15 years old and live in New York, you can call me Red for short. I can tend to be immature at times, but I don't mean to. I can speak Spanish,
German, and of course English. I write short stories and poems every now and then...but they all got ruined. I might post some of my 'works' here once I make new copies. If there is anything else that comes to mind that I want to post, then I will later on. Well, see you in the forums!

P.S.--If you want to know anything else, you can just message me.

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff