Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ OPEN 2063-2064 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 182 183 184 185 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:36 am

Jamesina Machlachlan
Unsorted First Year
((New Layout Coming Soon!))

When James finally heard her name called, she straightened out her robe before pushing through the crowd of waiting students and bounding up to the Hat. She was determined to be happy with wherever she was placed.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm hyper to say the least. I've also been called a tomboy, but what do they expect when they call me by a boy's name? I do like being my own person, and there aren't too many girls called James, so I suppose that's a start. Maybe when I'm older I'll dye my hair some crazy color. Mum says that I really need to settle down, but with all the adventures I read about, it's hard to sit still. I'll talk your ear off if you're not careful. Dad says that I've got his pride. I don't like it when I'm wrong and my ears will turn red and I'll go completely silent.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:32 pm

User Image Angela Uriah Strong

Ah yes, Sorting time. Angela had heard about this from Mom and Dad, but still. It was amazing to see in real life. A couple of quick glances at the table surrounding her showed all the people, the friendly and not-so-friendly faces, and most of all, the size of this single room. It was bigger than Mom had said, but Dad, he was spot on about everything.

The Professor called her name, and she looked up immediately. It took a moment to get her legs to move towards the front of the group. Mom and Dad have been preparing me for years for this moment, she thought. They'd be proud of me no matter where this hat puts me. No matter where. Was the last thought she had before she closed her eyes and the hat was placed gently on her head.

Cause there goes the fear...

Time: Sorting time.

...let it go.

hulusis
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm everything. Not like bi-polar, but I'm special. I'm going to share six of my bigger qualities, but this by no means, is all of them. Dear God, no. So first off, I'm a rebel, always have been, always will. I like going against the grain, doing my own thing, swimming upstream, and all the other metaphors for being rebellious. I've learned to control my animosity toward authoritative figures, but I remember once in Kindergarten or something, there used to be the 'discipline corner' otherwise known as my summer home. They put me in the corner for twenty minutes, and I thought it was totally unfair, so while the teacher had her back turned, I walked out the door. I was in the big girl's bathroom when they found me half an hour later.

Two. I'm a creative, detail and goal-oriented human being. When I know what I want, it's mine, I'll get it any way possible, and back off because once it's mine you're not getting it back.

Three. I'm especially affectionate to the people I love, and selfish with them. When you're a stranger, I'm not sure what to do with you, and I might come off as cold, but when I get to know you and if I like you, I'll be like a kitten coming to rub up against your leg. And I'll always want to spend time with you, always, always, always. I like the attention people give me.

Four. I'm reliable, but I'm not punctual. I mean, yes, I've made it to class on time most of my life, but if it's anything else, I'll be five, ten, twenty minutes late and I won't care. But if I say I'm going to have twenty puppies in my car when I get there, there will be twenty puppies in my car. I do my homework, all of it, everyday. I'm not sure when I find the time, and I procrastinate, but it gets done.

Five. I'm guarded. I don't let just anyone into my personal secrets and life, you have to earn your way there, and even then it's not a 100% fact that you'll hear the whole story. My whole life has been keeping the walls up, and so far they haven't been cracked yet. I guess that also means that I'm not friendly, which is true, I'm not looking to have fifty million friends. Five, six, maybe.

Six. I'm a lot of work, in every aspect of my life.

hulusis

samuxisxdead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:32 pm

Edward Galde

Half-Blood/First Year/Unsorted

Edward was nervous, as always. He looked around at all the faces, and tried to smile. When his name was called he slowly moved towards the front. He was ready for this, he had worried all day, but was finally ready. His mind raced with thoughts. He tried to focus, and keep his mind on a single thought. It was hard, but he managed it.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Insecure, and shy. I often feel awkward and timid around new people. I hate prejudice and will stand up for myself when angry. I'm afraid of being rejected, so I often try not to put myself out where I can be noticed. Though I want to be a great wizard, I'm too afraid to try.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:37 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She held her hands against her chest, fingers laced, head up and trembling from the inside out. She didn't see banners or colors only the people, all those eyes and faces. She wished her aunt was there to cheer her on, or at least was a face in this sea small sea of people. There were so many of them, so many faces and so many just like her. It made her little heart flutter with excitement and a small anxiety.

Sparrow Burroughs- She jumped when her name was called, a series of twitters to follow. Sunset blond curls bounced and twisted as she walked quickly, big blue-green eyes wide open, then closed and hopeful for whatever fate decided. This whole time, since her aunt had waved a tearful goodbye at the station Sparrow had spoken not a word. Every fear or worry had simply been too terrifying to touch. But once to the hat with such a face on it. It reminded her of the scarecrow in the garden. Small hands up as if praying, her first real thought was just for the hat, 'Please help me make them proud even if they don't know.'

Quote:
Peope say that, in a nutshell, I'm smart, loyal and good with money. Customers think it's cute how I always make sure to double check receipts. Aunt Julia says I'm kind, gentle and am very polite to my elders, though I have heard her say that I'm too soft spoken. She's worried I'm a bit of a loner, not getting along with too many my own age. I'm really shy and it takes time for me to trust people. I just like to figure out how someone acts before I decide. I'm loyal to what few friends I have, I put my whole heart into helping them and I'm happy to support them if they need it.

Astra_Senpai

Beloved Dabbler

TechNerd0072

Dapper Genius

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:18 pm

User Image
♞ Dhylan Nolynn ♞
| Single | First Year | Unsorted |

♝═━┈┈━═♝═━┈┈━═♝

I'm quite a puzzle. I can be loud, outgoing, and brave one minute, but quiet, shy, and introverted the next. It all depends on my mood and who I'm around, I guess. I'm also very clever, intelligent, and nerdy, as well as secretive and cunning. I am quite the colorful individual, in my opinion. I want to be a Ravenclaw, like my mum, instead of a Slytherin like Father.

{OOC:}

♝═━┈┈━═♝═━┈┈━═♝
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:37 pm

User Image
oin elly

Do you want me to accept you for who you are?
╔═══════Emotion: Neutral═══════╗
Eoin walked into the hall, curious eyes taking in everything. He found that he thought the hall to be beautiful, just like the parts of the school he’d seen so far. As he walked he looked up to see a professor, a stool, and an odd hat. ’that’s is?’ He wasn’t nervous to be sorted but simply wished it were over already so he wouldn’t have to question where he’d end up.

╚═══════Company: The students and Staff═══════╝

Or do you want me to lie to myself and try to like you?

Friends List-Third Post

User Image

-RenNuest-
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm many things, but most range from quiet, apathetic, honest, introverted, and temperamental but I wont go to much into that . When I say in quiet I don't mean that Im shy. I simply don't have much to say to most people, but I must stress that I am nowhere near shy. The word doesn't apply to me in the slightest.

When it comes to being apathetic I honestly know I don't care for other peoples emotions. I don't necessarily understand others emotions or even my own half of the time therefore I choose not to be bothered with them. Not caring suits me better. With this being said I must say that just because I don't care doesn't mean Im cruel or completely indifferent to others Im just not the guy to come to if you need someone to talk to.

Honesty is something I get into trouble with because Im too honest. Im the type of person that tells you the blunt (probably something I should have added above seeing as that applies to me as well) truth. I refuse to sugar-code anything. This trait is something people love and hated about me, seeing as although I refuse to lie about anything, I also come off as rude quite a bit. It's almost (Almost!) never intentional but its a fact.

And lastly introverted. Something else that has people mistaking me for a shy person. Once again not shy. I just like to be alone. I don't have an aversion to people and I have social skills but I do prefer to be by myself a few hours each day, away from crowds of people.

XxInsertCoolNamexX_Ren

caneriva

Sparkly Conversationalist

7,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:54 pm

User Image
Veronica Berger
First Year - Unsorted

╔════════════════════════════════════╗

Veronica walked towards the Sorting hat when her name was called. When the professor put the hat on her head she held her breath and waited to find out which house she would be placed in.

People say that, in a nutshell, she's mature for her age. Veronica is usually perceived as being shy when meeting new people, but she's just reserved. Once she gets to know someone, her real personality shines through. Veronica is talkative, sometimes quite talkative and active.She speaks her mind, without being rude or mean - she cares about the feelings of others. Veronica is extremely loyal to her friends and family. She's also quite driven, when she really wants to achieve something, she eventually does. When she fails, she tries over and over again until she succeeds. I guess you could say she has nerve.

╚════════════════════════════════════╝

User Image
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:55 pm

User Image
User Image

Rufus walked into the room where everyone was being sorted he wondered where he would be put into. He heard allot about the house from his mother before he was sent off. He liked all the house animals so there was no problem there but he was a bit afraid that he'd be place in a house that no one would like him once he heard his name being called he stepped to the sorting hat, put it on and waited to see.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm caring, cheerful, clever, competitive, curious, a bit cowardly and cautious but courageous when there's someone or something hurt and has a love for alliteration and learning new things.

Xistund

JoshkevXIII

3,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Dan arches

User Image

Dan was really scared when he was called up he wanted to get gryffindor it seemed like the best house he straitened his robe and sat down g to get hoping to get gryffindor.

People say that im cool , popular however that's what others think but im really a very brave person , im also very intelligent when i want to show it ,im loyal to anyone that i trust and i try not i to break there trust . protective of my family i'll do anything to protect them ,My overconfidence sometimes leads to me getting in trouble ,my outlook sometimes leads me to pull pranks on my friends,I'll step up to just about any challenge, even if it knocks me on my a**.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:22 pm

User Image
===☠===☠===☠===
Melinda Montbarron

First Year _
===☠===☠===☠===

I'm gonna break the cycle, I'm gonna shake up the system.
And I'm not gonna live by your rules anymore.

When it was her turn to sit on the stool and be Sorted, Melinda sat gracefully on the stool and awaited the Sorting Hat .

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm ambitious, but at the same time, very friendly. I like to make friends and talk a lot, but I also like to compete. I do like my quiet time however, and when I want quiet time, I can be a little mean. When I'm with friends, I can be a little bubbly, but when it comes down to studying, I'm focused, not because I like studying but because I like to be the best.

Out Of Character: ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:27 pm

User Image
۩═━┈☢┈━═۩
Edd Meridith

First Year __
۩═━┈☢┈━═۩

✔Age: Eleven
✔Mood: Bored
✔Status: Single

Edd took his turn first, as the first in alphabetical order and sat down on the stool. He hoped that his close connect with his twin would confuse the Sorting Hat.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Kinda quirky, fun-loving and humorous. Totally the opposite of my twin...just kidding. We're identical. We love to pull pranks together and with our older brother Sam. I personally think schoolwork is a little boring, but Erik doesn't, whereas I think Quidditch and sports are fun and he finds them a little boring. I'm very defensive of my brothers and sister.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:28 pm

User Image
۩═━┈☢┈━═۩
Erik Meridith

First Year __
۩═━┈☢┈━═۩

✔Age: Eleven
✔Mood: Bored
✔Status: Single

Erik was next on the stool, directly after his twin brother. He too hoped that his close connection to his twin would confuse the Sorting Hat.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Kinda quirky, fun-loving and humorous. Totally the opposite of my twin...just kidding. We're identical. We love to pull pranks together and with our older brother Sam. I personally think that Quidditch can be a little boring, but Edd loves the sport, whereas I think reading can be quite fun and Edd finds it a little boring. I'm very defensive of my brothers and sister as well.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Alicevamp0

Hilarious Gatekeeper

11,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Nova Ishtar
First year
Unsorted

People Say That In a nutshell I'm : easy to get along with as long as you'd not my stupid sister Raya, I love to study and hang out with friendsUser Image
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Raya Ishtar
First Year
Unsorted

People. Say that in a nutshell I'm : super loud and easy to get along with and I love to PARTY!!!!!!! Oh and play pranks I get along with everyone as long as your not some total prat
User Image

Alicevamp0

Hilarious Gatekeeper

11,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 182 183 184 185 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games