Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:30 pm
With a thousand lies
And a good disguise
Hit β€˜em right between the eyes

MICHELLE CATLIN

Wearing

|||Unsorted|||Pureblood|||First Year|||

User Image User Image
A smirk danced across her lips. He was quite straight forward, Michelle had been expecting something normal like do you have siblings. She repressed the laugh bubbling in her throat and just smiled. She began tapping her finger once again as she pondered the question. She already knew the answer, she just liked to make him wait. The whole time her grey eyes never broke contact with his gold ones. "What I value most." She stated. It was no question. "Of course I'm sure you expect something like my friends or my family." She paused. The silence lingered for a moment as emotion danced in her eyes. "No.... What I value most is myself."
User Image
OOC:...

Feeling: Amused
Where I am: House Tables
What I'm doing: Sitting
Who I'm with: The Slytherins
Love interest: No One

When you walk away
Nothing more to say
See the lightning in your eyes
See β€˜em running for their lives

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:38 pm

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔢𝔱π”₯𝔒𝔯i𝔫 π”“π”²π”―π”’π”Ÿπ”©π”¬π”¬π”‘
𝔉irst π”œear

User Image

With his fingers crossed, and his mind pleading in silent mercy, the hat bellowed out the house of snakes and Dominic froze. It was exactly what he wanted, but he had to resist the smile. He shifted, seemingly uncomfortable as he stepped off the stool, his tall lithe frame lingering. He glanced back to the children behind him, all awaiting their turn with anxious shakes and determined sighs, he had to make it look believable. The sorrow was evident, maybe even too evident, as he struggled to raise his feet and embark on the trek towards the Slytherin table, his gaze every so often eyeing the row of blue and bronze.

But inside, he was dancing. The music swelled in his heart, and his lungs leapt to and fro, colliding here and there until it nearly knocked out of his ribcageβ€”he could barely breathe, resisting that smileβ€”but he did. When he reached the table of green and silver, he finally allowed that slow creeping smile upon his features. It tainted everything it touched, and before long, there was darkness swirling in him as he anointed himself with the best of the best, and greeted them all simply with a nod.

”Ello mates.”

╔═══════════════════╗
Great Hall with the Slytherin Table
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:48 pm
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...

User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

Fifth Year, Slytherin Prefect

An honest one, it seems, he noticed with perilous caution. I like that, it was such a refreshing sight to see someone rival up well enough in this game of cat and mouse, and, enjoyed it, at that. His lips spread, and that smirk turned into wry grin as he slid just a bit closer across the table towards her, as though to listen to the silence, and all the secrets it kept hidden. His animalistic instinct had bade him to sink his teeth in, right then and there… But where was the fun in that?

”To be completely honest, if there’s anything I know, it’s not to assume how a lady’s mind works.” And for once, he realized, he wasn’t lying. He really hadn’t a clue what to expect, nor, did he expect ever an answer. The surprise was the surprise in itself, or wait…?

”Besides… Why would I ask a question I can already assume?” Shaking his previous thoughts away, he had decided that, with the stretch of ongoing silence, it was now his turn to divulge such coveted information. ”I suppose it’s my turn, then, isn’t it?

β€œAbove all,”
he then paused too, allowing a lingering smile to grow on his lips as he let her mind race with a flash of possibilities that he couldn’t even begin to wonder. ”…I value power.”

╔══════════════╗
Mood: Amused
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

..even heroes know when to be scared.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
With a thousand lies
And a good disguise

MICHELLE CATLIN

Wearing

User Image User Image
Michelle didn't break eye contact even when she heard Dominic called a hello. She listened quietly, smirking when he spoke of a lady's mind. "Asking questions you already can guess the answer too, tell you if a person is telling the truth." She said simply, with a smile.

She enjoyed this game. Rarely had she ever met anyone that could play on the level she did. She smirked as he spoke of his true value, valuing power lead her to the conclusion that he would want power over her. Her grey eyes twinkled with laughter, although she made no noise. If he wanted power over her, he'd have to work hard at it.
"Power you say? Power over others or over yourself?"
User Image

When you walk away
Nothing more to say

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:05 pm
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Fifth Year
Great Hall/ Slytherin Table

Five years. It had been five years since Ronyo stood up on the main stage and been sorted into the house of the serpent. Still to this day Ronyo finds himself with doubts about the choice but has found enough reasons to understand the long term idea behind the reasoning. What made Ronyo stick out so much was not the fact that he did not hold to the ideas of the Slytherin house but that he held onto the ideas of the original Slytherin house. The time when the house of silver and emerald was allied with the house of gold and scarlet, when the houses more reflected the friendship the founders had before the dramatic split of ideals.

Now Ronyo moved down his table with a smile and listening to the quick talk and banter from the returning students and the enthusiastic banter from the new ones. Well from other tables maybe, but more often than not it seemed his table was full of people trying to one up each other, looking to hold secrets they believe to be the key to their power, or just plain not carrying about anything being said. Soon enough one of those idea was being played out as he watched Tay engage a first year in questions that was sounding more like a double interrogation with smiles. Tay was using is silver tongue to gain information from the new students and using his disarming facial expressions to help counter and riposte. While their methods may have been different Tay and Ronyo shared like goals when it came to gathering information, but the end games were also different. Like two swordsmen from opposing lands of the same skill, they would try and gain info from each other to facilitate their personal groups expansion or their rivals downfall.

As it was Ronyo found he often had the disadvantage of fighting fair and wishing to have honor in his engagements, however the part that tip things for Ronyo was he was also practically gifted in combat giving him the physical edge. It was always an interesting game when it was truly a foot and the two could play for hours so long as so larger stack was at risk, but then when was a larger stack ever not at risk. With a smile Ronyo moved to the other side of the third Dante and his interesting conversation partner.

"The serpent who values itself often ends up devouring itself from the tail end," Ronyo smiled as he added his own philosophical statement to the airspace and then nodded to Tay, "Good to see you well Tay, how was your summer?" Ronyo turned to the young girl to whom Tay was talking with and smiled and introduced himself to avoid being rude, "Excuse the intrusion young lady, Ronyo Storm, a pleasure. I hope you enjoy house and the school."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:22 pm

User Image

Power over others, or over yourself? Her voice called unto him, ringing in his ears like a violent bell depicting hell on earth for all eyes to see. It was the question that had no answer, and knew no bounds but one. Teetering on the very edge of right and wrong, Tay had no qualms with the double bladed edge he tiptoed across so precarious and daring. Never too conflicted to bother himself with one side, or the other, after all, he wouldn’t want to seem predictable, would he?

No, that would never do.

”That,” he mused, with the inclination of his head. ”Is up for you to decide.” A callous laughter sifted easily into the atmosphere, a miasma fluttering into the world breathing fire and ice. He rose his head and dropped his arms to his side once more, straightening his posture and closing in on himself like quicksand at the familiar, omnipotent voice of Ronyo. Lacking any familiar diction or prose of dialect, the boy was a bookβ€”a stone plaster of ideals long gone and dead. Ah, of course, Tay nodded, poison pooling on his tongue as he acknowledged his fellow Slytherin and rival. He can just never let me have my fun. But they tread upon a common ground now, unknown to all but him and a certain redheaded raven, though Tay would forever linger in the shadows. He had sparked it all, initially, and gave it light, and room to grow and leech and learn. They had a common enemy, for now.

”I wondered where you’ve been.” He commented reluctantly, backhandedly, not even resisting biting back the crippling sarcasm that bled into his voice as he locked eyes with Ronyo Storm. ”Same and tedious as ever,” he replied indifferently. ”With a few growing changes, here and there.” But then he grinned that horrid grin, knowing too much, and seeing so little. His height had changed, if nothing else. His hair shaven and that generous round caress of youth had fled him once his growth had reached. Shoulders broad and torso widened.

”If you’re ever in search of poetic, psychological rubbish, he’s the man to see.” Tay described Michelle, gesturing Ronyo with the tilt of his head as he mentioned him.

╔══════════════╗
Mood: Annoyed

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:49 pm
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Fifth Year
Great Hall/ Slytherin Table

Ronyo couldn't help but widen his smile as Tay spoke with a tone that showed the years had proven to be long ones indeed. The two young men of the same house had become rivals, on more than one battleground but it was often a rivalry that helped push each to become stronger. Sometimes it was a mental growth, sometimes a practical growth in magic, and sometimes even a physical growth with Tay's new height showing off his outwardly gained age. The two had indeed become thorns in each other's side but for Ronyo he still held on to an idea that Tay was not as bad as he wanted to be, only as bad as he felt he must be. At the mention of poetic philosophy Ronyo could not help but work off of those words with some style.

"With great acknowledgment I will admit," Ronyo took a step and made a dramatic bow and smiled wide the entire time, "You'll find that not every Slytherin is a snake and not every snake a Slytherin here at Hogwarts, sometimes the strongest creature lay in the one crafted from multiple animals," Ronyo's play to the Chimera Club for himself but to everyone else it was just an expression of his friendship with a member of each of the other houses, "I'm glad to see you finally match your inward strength Tay, some people are just late bloomers really, "The complement was genuine as Ronyo never made light of anyone abilities and skills, as one should always respect their rival and enemies.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:52 pm
With a thousand lies
And a good disguise

MICHELLE CATLIN

Wearing

User Image User Image
His answer to her further inquiry did nothing to satisfy her curiosity in him, but as the game goes, the more time she spent on him, the more she would learn, and that she felt would be beneficial to her. Michelle finally lifted her eyes from the prefect in front of her at an introduction sent her way. Ronyo seemed so chivalrous and gentlemanly; she was surprised he had called her milady. Mirth danced in her silvery eyes as she eyed the new comer up and down. Finally, a smile graced her lips.
"Michelle McHalen." She stated her name with ease. She didn't know why she used her real last name in this introduction but she felt it was right for the moment. With that she returned her attention to Tay. "I doubt I'll ever be in need of poetic, psychological rubbish." She said with a smirk, using his words.
User Image

When you walk away
Nothing more to say

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:53 pm
User Image
Astrid Reginald
FIRST YEAR : Slytherin
MUGGLE-BORN

As the hat was placed on Astrid's head, she listened as it spoke. It called out Slytherin. Astrid grinned and headed to her house table. She found a place and watched as the rest of the sorting continued. She hadn't met anyone yet, so she waited for more first years.

Exit to:

Feeling: Ecstatic
Doing: Waiting for food
What do I want to be doing: Nothing else

Out.Of.Cake:

User Image

"The day I stop loving you is the day I close my eyes forever

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:16 pm

User Image

The disdainful roll of his eye became exaggerated with the sigh and shake of his head the instance a pause had ensued between Ronyo’s words, and a bored, nonchalant expression had carved upon his stony features. The telltale montage of heroism and skepticism drifted on the winds like a sweet blowing melody, falling deaf upon most ears. With the tilt of his head, his boredom magnified as he glanced backward at Michelle and rose both brows with an incredulous gesture. Is he really doing this right now?

Resisting the urge to drum his calloused fingers upon the wooden tabletop, Tay felt the ripple of darkness fluctuate beneath his flesh, coiling tight in his veins and pumping into his heart. Soon enough, a lighthearted laughter dripped from his lips with the devils poison at his heed. ”Yeah, yeah, we all know you care about everyone and everything.” He mocked with the wave of his hand and a grin growing on his face.

But, when Michelle had spoken to him again, he never got the chance to answer. Instead, he tilted his head to the side and eyed her up and down shamelessly. Had she lied to Ronyo? Or worseβ€”him? He didn’t know, but the way his eyes had narrowed and his brow had risen proved that it hadn’t gone by unnoticed, surely. But he would remain silent on the subject… for now…

╔══════════════╗
Mood: Annoyed

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:23 pm
User ImageUser Image
Soemtimes you need to step back.....
Vanessa was watching the sorting with a bit of interest. Unlike all previous years her attention wasn't primarily focused on her notebook, which once again she had replaced over the summer. The bottom of her trunk was filled with notebooks, both full and empty. Occasionally something about a first year would catch her interest so up would come her quill and she would note it in the notebook. "it's amazing to think that 5 years ago we were in that same postion." The blonde mused aloud to no one in particular. Another note added to her notes. There was a large amount that had been added so far though none of them really for the same person.
....in order to see it all.

User Image
((Edited because I forgot the name banner >.<))

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:01 pm
With a thousand lies
And a good disguise

MICHELLE CATLIN

Wearing

User Image User Image
Michelle smirked as Tay's face registered shock, in a flash it was back to normal. Two names, would keep them guessing, and she liked that. Of course neither had been a lie. Her name was Michelle Catlin, but it was also Michelle McHalen. She laugehd as he mocked Ronyo, her grey eyes dancing. She grew silent rather quickly and then looked at both of them in turn.

"You know, caring about everyone will surely be your downfall." She said with a half smile. "Caring about everyone means you have to save everyone and it's impossible... to save everyone." She fingered a piece of her hair thoughtfully. This Ronyo character intrigued her, but not nearly as much as Tay."Of course caring about power could also be your downfall." Michelle rested her chin in the palm of her hand and gave Tay a smile.
User Image

When you walk away
Nothing more to say

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:30 pm
Damien Edgeworth
Slytherin // First Year // Slytherin Table // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Slytherins
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calm and curious
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'The girl who was talking to Adalaide was sorted into Slytherin... how curious.'
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Damien made his way to the Slytherin table with a cool, confident demeanor. He couldn't be happier to have been sorted into the noble house of Slytherin, like his forefathers. He sat at the table, not really caring to converse, and watched the rest of the sorting with a detached curiosity. But, he took notice when the little blonde haired girl who'd been talking to the Blythe girl, the one who'd looked so familiar, was sorted into Slytherin as well. She'd been speaking to a halfblood... but, perhaps she hadn't known? If not, she'd surely avoid the girl now. It wasn't right for those of noble blood to associate with those of lower classes. He snorted, looking to the Hufflepuff table. It was no surprise that Adalaide had been sorted there; as a halfblood, her magic would be lacking, as would her personality. He gave a small smirk at the look on her face. She was rather distressed, he thought. Fitting. 'She must be crushed that her 'friend' will now be aware of her deficiencies. Just like before... just like with me.' The girl seemed to have a habit of attempting to bond with her betters. A dangerous habit to have, to be sure. But, he was sure that the other Slytherins would break her of it, in time. And he for one would be happy to help.

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:41 pm
With a thousand lies
And a good disguise

MICHELLE CATLIN

Wearing

User Image User Image
Michelle's attention immediately flipped when Damien joined their table. She glanced at him for a second, and then to where he looked. She saw Ada sitting at the Hufflepuff table and smiled. Her friend was where she had wanted to be. She then noticed the anxious distraught look on her face and chewed on her lip. Ada was alone and she couldn't help not right now. She turned back around to face Damien for a moment. "Damien." She mused quietly. She knew he'd hear her, but frankly she didn't give a damn. Her attention finally resumed it's steady point on Tay, the playful smirk reforming perfectly on her face.
User Image

When you walk away
Nothing more to say

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:53 pm
Damien Edgeworth
Slytherin // First Year // Slytherin Table // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Slytherins
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calm and curious
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Have I met her before?'

User Image

When the girl turned to him, he inclined his head, his eyebrows raising ever so slightly in surprise. He knew she likely only knew his name because of Adalaide, but then, he had thought she looked familiar. He tapped her shoulder lightly, knowing that she was in the middle of a conversation, but not really caring. "Excuse me," he said softly. She'd taken the time to turn and greet him, or at least, he thought she'd been greeting him, though he wasn't sure since she'd spoken so quietly. Only one way to find out, though, so he waited patiently for her to turn and face him again. He would introduce himself, find out her name. He was sure that, once he had that, he'd know if they'd met before or not. His gut told him they had, but until she gave her name, or maybe her family name, he wouldn't know for sure.

(( OOC: ))

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games