Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)
Lief_7 :: Wing Guardians Rise! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 58 59 60 61 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Season is Best?
  The OG of course! (1)
  DNAmazing (2)
  Tamers made it feel real! (3)
  Spirits FTW! (4)
  Digi Cops Go! (5)
  Xross can't be beat! (6)
  I love being on the Hunt! (7)
  I can tell the future! (Tri/8 )
View Results

ZarAburame

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:53 am
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind

So, working in the gaming industry shouldn't be your only job?
Also, besides working on the game itself I'm sure he would also find joy in test running the game to see how it plays out and such. Though, I'm unsure if that actually requires any sort of degree or not.
Thank you so much for the advice ^^

I'm saying that you never just get to be the idea man of the game industry. You have multiple responsibilities. You work as what you are hired for but you work in teams, pitch ideas, talk about things. It's not quite as simple as many kids think.

That is a thing and no it doesn't require a degree from what I know. Other than that i don't know the specifics but companies do pay game testers to look for bugs and other such things.

Then is it possible to start off as a video game tester and work your way up? Especially if your working on a computer engineering degree?

Unsure. It's possible but computer engineering has nothing to do with video games. That's more computer internals and such. If that's his degree he would be looking at things like ASUS, Intel, Apple, ect. Places that make computer parts.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:15 am
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind

Also, besides working on the game itself I'm sure he would also find joy in test running the game to see how it plays out and such. Though, I'm unsure if that actually requires any sort of degree or not.

I'm saying that you never just get to be the idea man of the game industry. You have multiple responsibilities. You work as what you are hired for but you work in teams, pitch ideas, talk about things. It's not quite as simple as many kids think.

That is a thing and no it doesn't require a degree from what I know. Other than that i don't know the specifics but companies do pay game testers to look for bugs and other such things.

Then is it possible to start off as a video game tester and work your way up? Especially if your working on a computer engineering degree?

Unsure. It's possible but computer engineering has nothing to do with video games. That's more computer internals and such. If that's his degree he would be looking at things like ASUS, Intel, Apple, ect. Places that make computer parts.

Gotcha. To be honest he hasn't picked a specific major. All he is sure of is that he wants to work with games but wants to pick an 'easy' major. The only problem with that is that each major has its own difficulties.  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

ZarAburame

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:17 am
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind

Gotcha. To be honest he hasn't picked a specific major. All he is sure of is that he wants to work with games but wants to pick an 'easy' major. The only problem with that is that each major has its own difficulties.

There is no easy major really haha. I mean there are but they are typically worthless so he's just gonna have to bite the bullet figure out what he might like best and try out a class or two of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:19 am
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind

There is no easy major really haha. I mean there are but they are typically worthless so he's just gonna have to bite the bullet figure out what he might like best and try out a class or two of it.

Besides the gaming industry, do you know of any other industries that are similar to it?  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

ZarAburame

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:27 am
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind

Besides the gaming industry, do you know of any other industries that are similar to it?

That depends on what you mean by similar. 90% of fields a that involve interactive graphics are going to have the same jobs. If he really wants to get into the gaming field tell him to look here: http://www.riotgames.com/careers It's a good example of the various things you can do. Sometimes you will be connected directly with the game and other times not.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:32 am
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind

That depends on what you mean by similar. 90% of fields a that involve interactive graphics are going to have the same jobs. If he really wants to get into the gaming field tell him to look here: http://www.riotgames.com/careers It's a good example of the various things you can do. Sometimes you will be connected directly with the game and other times not.

OH! I've been inside Riot's headquarters before! I don't live too far from the place either biggrin
But isn't Riot becoming top tier now? And the companies you were thinking of joining, where are they located?  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

KiroMishima
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:45 am
Hope the kind

OH! I've been inside Riot's headquarters before! I don't live too far from the place either biggrin
But isn't Riot becoming top tier now? And the companies you were thinking of joining, where are they located?

PICS PICS PICS PICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICS
PICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICS
PICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICS
PICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICS  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:00 pm
KiroMishima
Hope the kind

PICS PICS PICS PICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICS
PICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICS

Pics of Riot? I didn't realize you were such a fan of the place.  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

ZarAburame

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:17 pm
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind

Yes but MMO companies tend not to run their programmers into the ground as they don't need to release yearly games and instead just improve upon a game or two. The ones I talked about one is in San Mateo CA and the other is in a city in georgia. I'd rather go to the CA one though or any place in CA  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:34 pm
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind

Yes but MMO companies tend not to run their programmers into the ground as they don't need to release yearly games and instead just improve upon a game or two. The ones I talked about one is in San Mateo CA and the other is in a city in georgia. I'd rather go to the CA one though or any place in CA

Have you considered about making your own gaming company? I know that is easier to say than do considering all the work that is needed to be implemented in a game.  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

KiroMishima
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:43 pm
KiroMishima
Hope the kind

I thought you knew I was a huge league nut. I'm even planning to buy tickets to the semi finals in chicago  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:47 pm
lief_7

Lief, it's just everything changed when the fire nation att-, I mean, hahaha, but yeah, having a few unsettling things occur throughout your teens years would kind of cause you to become a bit more responsible and mature, but eh. Also I would love to point our, that me following Liger around, well I don't have an excuse for that, let's just leave it at the fact that it was a "senpaii notice me" kind of thing, which let to me attempting to show off for attention. For the all bark, no bite... I can't argue that. xd I still have fire though, I mean, well it's more of a small candle, but in seriousness I revisited some of my older post, and god I was a annoying.

Hope the kind

I see, well that's understandable, but listen before we run into an altercation, there are three things you cannot disrespect in my presence. One is The Real Housewives of Orange County, leggings, and Starbucks Coffee. xd Though in seriousness I totally agree the candy is a bit sweeter, but my kid hates anything coffee, which might question if she really is related to me because we are a coffee loving family. talk2hand And I see, that backs up the notion that you love animals to not have a favorite (mine is a Lion just to get it out there) I also fully agree with your statement about the difference in work loads and responsibilities, but the English Teacher is basically a job for the moment until I can get fully on my feet with the Engineering business, and yes ma'am that's the hope that, that there degree helps me in the long haul.

ZarAburame

You probably would have beaten me as well, I wasn't very prolific in Roleplaying, and it would've most likely ended up in a slaughter, but we should definitely duke it out if a certain someone would allow me into the Contest.

KiroMishima

*Cough* Troublemaker... *Cough*, oh wait, excuse me, let me use your official title, Proffesional Troublemaker. Though in seriousness, when you get a chance, I hope it wouldn't be much of a bother if you set everything up so I can begin roleplaying in your event Karan. sweatdrop 3nodding  

Cuevas_506

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:53 pm
Cuevas_506

Hope the kind

I see, well that's understandable, but listen before we run into an altercation, there are three things you cannot disrespect in my presence. One is The Real Housewives of Orange County, leggings, and Starbucks Coffee. xd Though in seriousness I totally agree the candy is a bit sweeter, but my kid hates anything coffee, which might question if she really is related to me because we are a coffee loving family. talk2hand And I see, that backs up the notion that you love animals to not have a favorite (mine is a Lion just to get it out there) I also fully agree with your statement about the difference in work loads and responsibilities, but the English Teacher is basically a job for the moment until I can get fully on my feet with the Engineering business, and yes ma'am that's the hope that, that there degree helps me in the long haul.

Leggings? I don't think I've found someone who has ever had a problem with leggings before. Though, I personally don't use it all that often...I guess I'm just a pants sort of person.
Starbucks eh? There is just a lot of controversy about it. I remember during Christmas time how some people were complaining how Starbucks was rejecting Christianity through its cups because it didn't put any snowman, snowflakes and all that sort of decorations you may find during the season.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:02 pm
Hope the kind

I was kidding about the leggings, RHOC, and Starbucks, but yeah I understand. I prefer regular jeans because... Well I am a young man, don't think leggings would really conform to my body to well, but maybe...? Nah... Hahaha, but seriously? That's kind of ridiculous that the Christians are getting offended because Starbucks doesn't feel like adding Seasonal Accents to their cups. rolleyes If I may be sincere Nicole, I've never really had Starbucks.  

Cuevas_506

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:05 pm
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

I was kidding about the leggings, RHOC, and Starbucks, but yeah I understand. I prefer regular jeans because... Well I am a young man, don't think leggings would really conform to my body to well, but maybe...? Nah... Hahaha, but seriously? That's kind of ridiculous that the Christians are getting offended because Starbucks doesn't feel like adding Seasonal Accents to their cups. rolleyes If I may be sincere Nicole, I've never really had Starbucks.

I guess I'm the sort that misses jokes when they are typed up emotion_facepalm
Eh, thats alright! I don't judge people who have or have not drunken Starbucks ^^
Though, nowadays people seem to be nitpicking what a company does, say and such; the Starbucks cups are one example. I personally don't care if they do have Christmas decorations or not. Its a cup that is going to be thrown away.  
DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 58 59 60 61 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff