Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:16 pm
User Image
яεġrετηστнιηġ ғεαяησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηεvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Colton's jaw pulsed with numerous emotions as Phi unfolded the note, his eyes closed in anxiety. When she told him the words did not belong to her, his shoulders relaxed and he unclenched his teeth, but his gray eyes still stared at the back of his eyelids, and he gripped one hand in the other. Trying to convince himself that this was all a part of Blaire's little game, he couldn't help but ask himself whether the words were true, even though he put his complete trust in Phi when she said she had not written them. A moment later, she answered that question as well, and when her hands met with his, his eyes flashed open, meeting with hers for a mere moment, that same reassuring smile on her tender lips.

Their small embrace was short-lived, as Ronyo's approach seemed to be the change of subject. Standing up with a much calmer demeanor, he paid close attention to his friends delivery. When the time came for the exchange of notes, Colton's body tensed for a micro-second, but relaxed again when Phi handed him back the note he had found. Replacing it in the pocket of his robes, he stepped forward into the conversation.

"I don't know what Blaire wants, or what he has found out at this point, but I do know that it's about time we concoct a few strategies of our own. He may have his little fan club, but we all know they only stand behind him in fear. If we each put our own tactics together as Ronyo is suggesting, I'm confident we can solve this little puzzle that Blaire wants us to put together." Considering Ronyo's idea of sending in a spy, a small smile spread across Colt's thick lips. "What do you guy's say we find ourselves a Hufflepuff? After all...it's not like Blaire would let any of us into his etiquette club. We need someone who can go undercover and possibly befriend the snake, while remaining faithful to us. Unfortunately, you guys are the only friends I've really made this year..." Colton hated to admit that he wouldn't be useful in submitting a possible name for their fourth component, but he was glad that Ronyo was thinking as strategically as he was.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:33 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Listening hard to what they were both saying, she could see how serious the atmosphere around them was becoming. About as serious as Blaire's threat was, Phi compared. Colton and Ronyo discussed with such sureness and strategy and fire, Phi felt a bit alien to it. She had never fought against anything, physically nor mentally, but this seemed a challenge. And one thing Phi was often known to be was competitive and fierce when need be. So whatever feeling of seclusion was boiling in her head, it was easily eclipsed by her strong standing to try something new and do it well. Her dark eyes light up with the usual strong fire as a smile stretched with a hint of ideas behind it.
"Surveillance." She stated suddenly. Seeing a bit of confusion in her friends' eyes, she elaborated, "From where we have found these papers, it is obvious Blaire puts them in clear easy-to-find places for obvious reasons. But what else is usually in those places?" Phi's eyes jumped from one pair of grey to the pair of green, trying to see any sign of revelation in them.
"Suits of armor." she answered her own question, "I could bewitch them to see things that happen in the halls. I am sure there is a spell."
Phi's hand twitched with reflex to grab her ever-present book of spells and enchantments but she knew there were other matters to address before beginning her study.
"Jane. Jane would be perfect." Phi had not seen the dark haired girl in some time and she seemed absent form most classes excluding Flying. If Phi could find her and convince her, Phi felt hopeful that she would join them. She had good reason to; she was a target of Blaire's latest name-list.

Now, where would they have their camp of information? Phi read the short passage regarding the group created by the infamous Potter and pointed something out, tapping the word on the page, "The Room of Requirement was destroyed in the Hogwarts attack. And even if not, it has not opened to anyone since the attack. Its existence is known, it would not be very secret. Where else?" Thoughts jumped into her head and in sharp mumble to herself she began listing them off, "The kitchens, Myrtle's bathroom, the Chamber, empty classrooms..." each idea seemed to be worse than the last and Phi began to fidget at her own incapability to find a place to even entertain. She was no expert on the castle by any means, and she knew so very well. But she still felt that she could do better.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

Pale Mist

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:09 am
User Image
User Image
As used to her intelligence as he was, Colton still somehow managed to be surprised when Phi came up with the idea of hiring the suits of armor as surveillance. "That would be amazing! I'd love to catch that git in action..." He mused, imagining the fun they could have with that. When Jane was nominated as their fourth teammate, Colton didn't know why he hadn't considered it earlier. "Of course! I completely forgot about her somehow. Do you think she would be willing to join Blaire's club, though?" Colton didn''t mean to be rude, but not only had he not gotten to know Jane well enough to know her personality, but he couldn't fathom anyone wanting to hang around Blaire.

As he tried to sift through the many places of the castle, hoping one would be sufficient for their meetings, Colt's eyes fell upon the papers that Phi had handed to Ronyo. Now that he wasn't stuck focusing on the one that he found, his mind wandered back to what she had said about the others - "All of which are made to look as if you wrote them." Grabbing one from Ronyo's hand, he read it to himself, his eyes widening in disbelief. Colton was still unsure of Blaire's intentions, especially because he had never actually met this Danielle girl, but had only seen her in class. Trying to find answers, he grabbed another of the notes, only to find that he read the same words, only it was addressed to Charlotte, another of his classmates that he hadn't yet introduced himself to. Assuming the whole stack of remaining notes all resembled the ones in his hands, he passed them back to Ronyo before he was tempted to ruin the evidence. Even though his mind was still encompassed with anger, he forced out a reply as if he was still attempting to find a meeting place for their club.
"Moaning Myrtle's bathroom is rumored to be pretty abandoned..." He muttered mindlessly, still playing out what might have happened if those notes hadn't been recovered.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:23 pm
Black Lake/ Shore User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
First Year

Ronyo listened to his friends as they traded ideas and suggestions about the clubs details. He had been thoroughly impressed by Phi's idea of using the suits of armor, which also got the boy thinking about another group of castle dwellers, and they had already proven to get on Blaire's nerves, or at least one of them had. The idea could be addressed later because for now it seemed more pressing to address the idea of a location and their fourth member.

"Well for Jane we should simply ask her and give her the details. See how she responds and what she thinks about the whole idea. We should be on the lookout for more students who seem honest in nature and been hurt by Blaire's game," Ronyo knew that finding the extra members would be the harder of the two ideas, or at least to him, "As for location why don't we move the location every meeting? That way no one can begin to see a pattern of us going to a particular spot over and over again. We can find some way to give out the location of the meeting say a few minutes in advance. If we eventually come across a place we feel is well guarded and accessible to us we can give it a try," Ronyo thought for a moment about the idea and nodded his head a few times, "Ok, Phi look into how to use the suits, I'm guessing it will be difficult and likely more so given are level of inexperience. Colton keep an eye out for more of these notes, collect them up so we can create a evidence storage for them, and I'll look around for better locations. Lets meet up tomorrow after potions this time in one of the Third Floor empty classrooms, if you see anyone you think might be a good candidate for the club bring them with you, but make sure they seem honest and of good intentions. We don't need any bad apples spoiling this bunch."  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:45 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi nodded hard at the orders she had just been given and it took almost all she had to not burst out smiling at the thrill of it all. It was one thing for a brave, honest boy such as Colton and a chivalrous, clever individual such as Ronyo to ban together. But being accepted by them and trusted by them to help in such a serious matter; Phi felt a glow inside her.
She also realized, just as her mind began wandering where she could find the spell they needed, that this whole assembly and state of events would be just what she needed to keep her mind off her own problems. A distraction this good made Phi extremely grateful to her two friends. Just as it seemed they were about to leave, Phi raised her hand strikingly into the air. Flushing, just a moment after, realizing just how silly she must look.
She tried to push the slight shame away and proceeded with that was on her mind, "I can't help but think that we tend to find, and take down these posters quickly enough before anyone else sees them. I have not heard many others say anything about them or mention any of what was written. I think that if we put the posters back up, in more discreet places, we could see people's reactions and from that, assess whether they could be members. It would also give them motivation to join us.
Us posting them would have to be fixed, however. So no one who wasn't meant to see them does. As well as making sure we see the reaction. This would be a last effort though, if we have trouble persuading someone.
"

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:58 pm
User Image
User Image
Colton crossed his arms in front of his muscular chest and listened carefully to Ronyo's suggestions. It continued to surprise him how tactical the boy seemed to be, something that would truly work to their club's advantage. His thick eyebrow's raised when the impressive idea of an ever-changing meeting place arose. "Wow. That's actually a great idea, mate. Not to mention that it will keep Blaire from being able to spy on us if he ever catches on..." Colton's words were meant more as reassurance for himself than as input to the conversation.

He took a mental note of the duty his friend assigned him, sweeping back over the places where notes were becoming a pattern, and reminding himself to check them regularly from now on. He would also need to worry about mapping out a route to scan the rest of the castle once a night, but there would be time for that later.
"Third floor. Empty classroom. Right." Colton took the location and sewed it into his mind, making sure not to make it too permanent, or he would never get used to switching locations. It would only take one mistake of meeting up at the same place twice for their plan to be extinguished, and Colton would be damned if he would let that be his fault.

Just as their meeting seemed to be wrapping up, Phi threw her hand into the air with such vigor that if it hadn't been for the excitement in her eyes, Colt likely would have thought something was wrong. He smiled to show he was listening, and folded his hands in front of him, shifting all of his weight onto his other leg. Once again, she proposed another great idea, and Colton clapped his firm hands together in approval.
"As much as I don't want to be the cause of anyone's pain, I think it might have to come down to that. If the time does come though, we'll need to ensure that no one catches us putting them back up. I couldn't think of anything worse than everyone believing that it was us that started this whole mess. It would certainly make it hard to find members if that were the case." Again, the boy began trailing off, his words of agreement nearly becoming a droning mumble to himself.

User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Odin Moon

Liberal Nerd

8,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:47 am
User Image User Image
User Image

Drake sat at the lake, with a sketch book in hand, his shoes lay abbandon beside him with socks stuffed inside them. From where he sat on the beach his toes met the waters small waves.

He drug a pencile across the paper infront of him, as he sketched out the outline of yet another sign. He sighed deeply and layed back tossing the note book to the side like everything else.

The book stated a single word in bold letters. The worng he was told to never say no matter how long he lived. Wrong. The canvas surrounding the world held twice the value of the world alone. The raging reds and blues were enough to make you cringe if saw it.

'Study hard, make good grades, don't talk to the mudbloods and never show anyone who you are. Do these things and you will live up to the family name. ' rang his grandmothers vioce in his head. He leaned his head back against the tree behind him and smacked it earning a resounding 'tunk' from the tree.

His curse marks rose from their normal black and shown a bright red as it began to strech down one of his legs. He hissed,and grabbed for the mixture of sand and grass around him. A slight hiss sounded from the marks. Slowly it faded and turned a burnt brown, like the rest of the marks.

He sighed and pulled his knees to his chest not caring about the water anymore. Shivers began to rack his small frame, as he tried to think clearly about numbers.

"One... Two .... Three.... Just breath Drake just breath." His mother saying. Her face a mask of nothingness, as the boys body shook with tremors.

Red angry marks welted on his back and the shackel marks on his wrist stood out as blue and black brusses. The boy cought another tremmor making his small frame shake. "M-m-mommy w-wh-y d-d-ddo-s i-i-it h-hurt so m-m-much." The young boy asked as the tremmors increased. The womans tired blue eyes looked at the boy, as hewr heart broke.

"Mrs. Anderson we need to move him." a tall slinder man with milky eyes and hair called helping the woman up. "We must move him now before his state becomes any worse."

The blondes eyes opened, he had spent almost every moment after that in either a hospital or alone. He was didn't know how lucky he was to start school when he did. His healer said the curse marks could extend making his chance at normal dismal at best.

Slowly the blondes tremmors began to decrease. With shaking hands the boy released his legs and breathed. Trying to stop the tremmors before he found himself having another seizure.

User Image User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image User Image

((Other orange cat:: well there it is.... part of a explanation of why Drake/I is/am the way he/i is/am, if you think there needs to be more of a explanation of memories PM me. Other wise I am going bed before I start thinking about all of the bad kuso again. Yay bloody nightmares!))  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:53 pm
User Image
User Image

Aerynn McKenny
Hufflepuff Prefect
Fifth Year

ωнαт ιs σи мч мιиם➸➸「Wondering Thoughts」
ωнσ ιs σи мч мιиם❥❥「Tyler」
~ - ~мσσם~ - ~「Happy」

I'm dreaming of one kiss from you

A love long and true

We'll go on and on

The sun was shining bright as Ryn took the path down to the lake. Hey and Tyler had planned to meet up as they normally did. There were a few other students around but all off on their own, so she was alone. She found the usual dock, put her bag down and took off her shoes and long socks. It was a bit windy but she she loved to put her feet in the water so she disregarded it. Pulling her wand out of her bag and went over the newly learned spells. She liked to practice to get them just right. She continued to do so while waiting on Tyler.

I'm looking for one kiss goodnight

To last all my life

User Image
User Image

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:32 pm
User Image
User Image

Tyler looked up as he headed towards the lake and saw Ryn. A large grin crossed his face as he hurried over.
"Sorry I took so long, being Quidditch captain is harder then it sounds." he laughed. Yes he was busy with Quidditch and Prefect duties as well as his usual classwork, but he was enjoying every minute of it. He smiled at Ryn as he sat beside her. "So how are you?" he asked taking her free hand.

And through the darkest hours I shall be your shining light

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:25 pm
Eraz Lupinuous
Instructor of Legilimancy
User Image
Eraz arrived at the Black Lake and headed to a deserted area, away from the other students who were mingling and talking with each other. He planted his staff in the ground and whispered a soft 'Lumos', creating a ball of light on the tip of the rod of rowan wood. With a surge of his magic he sent that ball of light up into the sky, creating a trail of light nearly twenty feet long, and nearly a foot wide. The American-trained wizard shoved the staff further into the ground so that it could stand up on its own, then stepped back and turned around.
His dark eyes were trained in the direction of the castle. It shouldn't be too long now before Tamara found him - the light trail and orb of light in the sky were dead giveaways, but he hoped that no other students asked him what was going on - he didn't want to have to scar some student who had never had him in class. No, that wouldn't be fun - he had to wait until they had been subjected to listening him as their instructor before he could terrify them. Then again, that hadn't stopped him from flipping Levera into the ground at the Feast...

User Image  

Boku_ha_Ronnel

Shirtless Shapeshifter

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:03 pm
User Image

❤❤ T A M A R AR A D C L I F F E
7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
¦¦ if you're going through hell, keep on going
xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara started heading down towards the Black Lake and immediately spotted the ball of light in the sky. She diverted her course towards the wooded edge of the Lake and started towards him. She quickly cast the silencing charm on her feet so she moved silently through the forest. Coming to the source of the light, she could see the Professor, her Instructor, looking up towards the castle. She casually emerged from the trees and stood next to him. "Nice night for a swim, eh?" she asked, retying her hair into a bun behind her head.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:41 pm
User Image

Cassius Barrington

Seventh YearPrefectChaserSlytherin

Cass had walked all the way to the Lake, not saying a word to the girl who was following him. He didn't want to waste time. Every moment wasted was a moment wasted in forever. He hoped she wasn't feeling angry with him, especially since he came to the Lake empty handed.

The stars shone brightly in the night sky. Sure, he wasn't supposed to be out here, but it was his last night in the castle. There wasn't much they could do to punish him. It wasn't like he was breaking a law. Besides, that was the least of his worries.

"Gwen," he said softly. It was only one word, yet one word was all he needed for now.

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:49 pm
User Image

Gweniera Haude

Seventh YearPrefectChaserRavenclaw

Gwen followed Cass through the castle. She took note of the stars as they walked outside. If they had been walking any faster, Gwen would have called it jogging. She did have to wonder why Cass left the Great Hall so quickly. It didn't seem like him.

"Cass, what's going on?" she asked as she put her hand on his shoulder.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:04 pm
User Image

Cassius Barrington

Seventh YearPrefectChaserSlytherin

Cass looked at her, the girl that he had fallen in love with. The woman he was currently in love with. "Do you know when it was that I first fell in love with you?" he asked her softly.

Gwen shook her head. She honestly didn't know when he had fallen in love with her. It didn't matter to her. The past was behind her after all.

"It was that day when you lost your tooth during school and everyday after that. You know I still have that yo-yo at my house?" he replied.

Gwen was shocked. "Really?" she asked. That year certainly hadn't been her most romantic. Sure she found a friend. A friend who turned out to be a bit more, but for him to have fallen in love with her then was something inconcievable.

"Yup," he said rather bluntly. "But really Gwen. You've no idea how amazing it's been to fall in love with you day after day after day," he said, emotion creeping into his voice as he got down on one knee.

Gwen wanted to say a million words at once, but instead she found herself speechless. Tears of joy started in her eyes.

"Gweniera Haude, I know that I've nothing to give you right this moment, nothing but my unwavering love, but I promise you that I can give you everything you've ever wanted. Just do me this one favor. Will you marry me?" he asked, looking into her beautiful brown eyes. They sparkled more than all the stars in the sky.

"YES!" she practically screamed. The Ravenclaw didn't care who heard her. The love of her life asked to spend forever with her. What did she care? She sprang up and engulfed him in a hug, which led to one of the most passionate kisses ever to grace the shores of the Black Lake.

User Image

Gweniera Haude

Seventh YearPrefectChaserRavenclaw

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:40 pm
User Imageωhat's on my mind?◤Better get going!◥

ωho is in my thoughts?◤The Students.◥

ωhat am I feeling?◤Excited◥

Professor Kayleigh McKenny

She made her way to the lake side, a group of students behind her. "All right guys, please get into a boat. 4 to each, and 3 students can ride in mine if they wish. The student in the front needs to hold the lantern. Please get seated and do be careful of the water, there are some dangerous creatures that inhabit the lake." She watching to ensure everyone made it safely.

♣Out♣Of♣Owls♣ ◤Post getting in the boats and we will make our way across when I post again.◥

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games