Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:15 pm
Cale Darksun
That pisses me off to a degree that its not even funny.
Damn Racist Rebels.
Even Jar Jar was given a General's rank.

What?! When?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:16 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
Cale Darksun
Damn Racist Rebels.

What?! When?

Episode 1.
Right before the Gungan/Trade fed fight.  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:18 pm
Cale Darksun
FrozenPhoenix32
Cale Darksun
Damn Racist Rebels.

What?! When?

Episode 1.
Right before the Gungan/Trade fed fight.

Don't remember this...

But I haven't watched TPM in like a year.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:48 pm
Cale Darksun
Also on another note, did the Jedi of the Prequel era strike you guys as having signifigant trouble battling Other Force users or Lightsaber Wielders?

Palpy, maybe. Aside from that, they seemed to be evenly matched.  

AFK Masturbating

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:22 pm
No, consistently the Sith and other saber wielders have pawned Jedi Masters and knights during the wars.
Grievoius, Dooku, and the rest of the Darkside underlings posed major threats to Jedi, more of a threat than they should have.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:59 pm
I'm not sure if this has already been said before and i just haven't seen it.. but someone mentioned something to me..

Syrrie
TaylaEwa

In light there is always darkness...

@your sig.. Darth Vader aka Anakin Skywalker didn't have a father. The force created him in his mother's womb..

"There was no father."
~Shmi(sp?)

But in darkness.. is there light?

Becuase Sidious used the Force to do that. Weren't you listening to him in Episode III? "Darth Plagiarist could create life and he taught that to his apprentice and OH LOOK I'M THE APPRENTICE." That's canon enough for me.

Could this be true? I refuse to give Sidious this much credit of being intelligent.. besides.. even if it is, why wouldn't he just have done it to a subordinate?  

TaylaEwa

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100

TaylaEwa

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
Cale Darksun
No, consistently the Sith and other saber wielders have pawned Jedi Masters and knights during the wars.
Grievoius, Dooku, and the rest of the Darkside underlings posed major threats to Jedi, more of a threat than they should have.

I was told that was because the Jedi masters were used to fighting solo.. not together at once... it was more there weren't used to having to worry about their fellow jedi during a fight...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:08 pm
There's also the issue that the jedi had not really tested their skills against other lightsaber-wielding opponents for quite some time.

Dooku's makashi, for example, would stun everyone until they adapted to it like obi-wan did (before he got beat in the force department).

Its not so much as how they fought as who they fought. blasters are much different from lightsabers, and with this sudden slew of new strong opponents...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:15 pm
Nelowulf
There's also the issue that the jedi had not really tested their skills against other lightsaber-wielding opponents for quite some time.

Dooku's makashi, for example, would stun everyone until they adapted to it like obi-wan did (before he got beat in the force department).

Its not so much as how they fought as who they fought. blasters are much different from lightsabers, and with this sudden slew of new strong opponents...

True, while they practiced, they never fought someone who fought as savagely as a Sith actually would.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:48 pm
We've got to keep in mind as well that they were out of touch with actally needing to fight for their lives on a constant basis. Sure they practiced, and there was the occasional small crisis, but on the whole, with no full scale war since the Republic formed, the Jedi weren't as able to adapt to a setting of constant conflict quickly. Maul kicked a** because Obi-Wan wasn't that good, and Qui-Gon couldn't use Ataru that well, Dooku kicked a** because Obi-Wan and Anakin couldn't adapt to a previously thought dead technique fast enough, and Palps kicked butt because of his basically unparalled power in the dark side of the force. Just because he looks dumb when he fights doesn't mean he couldn't do it well.  

elvisnake

Ixandr

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:06 pm
Rage, aggression aka emotions, were not used by the Jedi... that's why the Sith kicked ***. If Obi didn't used his emotions after Qui-gon was "stabbed" he would have lost... same goes for Anikin and same goes for Luke........ defeating Dad Vader was emotional.... controled, yes, but emotional non the less......  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:05 am
FrozenPhoenix32
Welcome to Galactic Mysteries, where you can theorize about anything in the Star Wars Galaxy. Post your own theories, or expand on anothers. The mysteries are yours to be solved.

i think darth maul was afraid of sidius i mean whats so scary about him  

izmeizme

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:52 pm
izmeizme
FrozenPhoenix32
Welcome to Galactic Mysteries, where you can theorize about anything in the Star Wars Galaxy. Post your own theories, or expand on anothers. The mysteries are yours to be solved.

i think darth maul was afraid of sidius i mean whats so scary about him
The fact that he basically overthre a Galaxy-spanning government, caused the deaths of thousands of Jedi, saw millions, if not billions of other die, and happened to be the most powerful Sith since Darth Revan.

On top of being that d a m n ugly.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:29 am
Hmm...Galactic mystery eh?

how do they manage to freeze Tibanna gass if the freezing process involves open air pits?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Brian_Fury

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:50 am
The movies Jedi and Sith could never stand against the Old Republics Jedi and Sith for a second. Revan could kick Palpatines a**. -.-  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games