Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply *Fantasy RPs* (Elves, Medieval, Exc)
Trial of Heros II (Important message on Pg. 59) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tramer
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:14 am
Tramer was more than a bit irritated when Larien vanished into the walls, deviating from the plan the very moment the fray began…thou in the end he knew her power well and knew she could handle herself, he still feared for her if she was to confront Clover, whether or not her controller had figured out how to use her powers or not…

Swinging his swords with grace a position Tramer cut down any arachnids that crossed his path, it was not till Shmitty and Rosetta were well separated form the group that he even noticed anything more was amiss.

“Damn…how many times did I repeat…’no matter what stay together in a tight group’…” he thought to himself grinding together his teeth as he nearly cut a spider in half with a over done swing of his blade.

Thou before he could even get a word out he herd Shmitty yelling to Rosetta, “Everyone! Keep moving!!” he yelled as he continued forward, thou he was soon stopped as one of his blades came to an abrupt stop. The glimmer of sparks lit the narrow passage as a mid aged man pushed agents Tramer’s blade with his own long sword forcing Tramer to take a step back to keep his footing. He could have killed the man right there and then with a quick swing of his other sword, yet he jumped to the side and with a burst of speed continued forward hoping the others would fallow suit and continue forward.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:17 am
Looking up at the sound of Shmitty's voice, Rosette missed a simple parry of a knife. Cathcing a wound on the arm. "Shmitty, I told you to keep going with the others. What are you doing here?" Turning to give a quick magical thrush, Rosette snared two children high above the ground. Jumping up she quickly grabbed the blades from them. Giving her plants a little more boost to keep th ekids longer, she saw the kid Shmitty had pushed down. "Don't hurt them, they are still children you know!" Rosette yelled out as she blocked another swipe of an oncomming blade.  

Foxkilth

Devoted Lunatic

9,000 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Captain Fox McCloud
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:27 pm
((Hello everyone. I do apologize for never really eturning since the summer even though I said I would. I know this is no excuse but college and stuff kept me really busy. I also held a teaching assistant position as a grader for the introductery geology and geography classes. This semester though I am going to be introduced to dorm life. I dunno if I could find the time then since I'd cut the 2 hours worth of travel time out of th equation, or not, but i'd like to try to rentroduce epotheros to the storyline. If someone could catch me up n what has been going on I'd be thankful.))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:19 pm
((Basically;

Tramer, Larien, Shmitty, Ezorin, Rosette = Still good.
Tramer new temporary group leader in absence of Epotheros.

TY and Clover under control of large, arachnids.
Dixtrel, controlling TY, leader of arachnids, shows desire to keep Clover under control of arachnids.

1 in 10 arachnids controls a host of varying race, gender, age, and skills.
Options open for creating controlled 'enemies'.
Because of variety of options, if you wanted Epotheros could come back into play as a host.

'Clover' has yet to gain good enough control of powers to use them yet.
Dixtrel has gained a fair control over TY's powers.

Main group has just invaded underground arachnid's nest to retrieve their friend Clover after she was taken. (possibly TY too, but from the conversations I've seen, Clover is the main goal.)

Other details I've mentioned are:
Specifics about the 3 guards in the secret chamber where Dixtrel and Clover's controller are at.
Another relatively unknown character who Dixtrel/TY sought out and appointed to a specific (also unknown) task.

Hmmm... I feel like I've forgotten a few things.
Anyone else think I missed something?))  

TY Charns
Crew

Captain Fox McCloud
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:07 am
Epotheros was breathing hard. Though they only were a day or so away from Lord Barrigon's castle, Epotheros ran the whole distance by foot. It was dire he get out of the forrest as soon as possible, or else there would have been unrepairable damage. While back with the others, the voice of Lictheros had begun to wisper in his head. Usually this would be a bad thing, but the voice had alerted him of another precence. Apparently Lictheros wasn't to keen of a little spider trying to gain control of the host he wnted to gain control of himself.

With that fact Lictheros was able to allow Epotheros to escape, and figure out how to free the others from their parasites. Many years ago Lord Baragon was a great adventurer and had many unique tales of obsticals he had over come that he told to Epotheros as a boy. One such story was about a forrest of body snatching spiders, and the lord told him the only way to get them out of your body was to dig them out with a special knife. That is why Epotheros ran to the castle in such a hurry, he needed the knife, not only for himself, but for the others as well.

"Father!" he yelled as he stormed into the study the old lord bolting from his chair in shock.

"What is it, my son?" he asked. "Were you not out far from here?"

"I was but we went to a forrest, the one from your story. The one with the spiders. We need the magical knife." Epotheros huffed, still out of breath.

"The magical knife, for removing spiders? There is no such thing. Once the spiders gain control of you then they spread thir web througout your body. The only way to rid your self from them once they get ahold of o is to stab them wth a norml knife. This is very dangerous however since you don't know where to stab and then there is the bleeding. I have a set of ruins though, that when drawn on the skin will locate the parisite. It wil not work here since oyu are out of the range of the control spider and thus unaffected."

The lord then moved to Epotheros, "I can however draw the ruins on you and they will activate once you return. Make sure that you have a healer handy or else you may as well bleed to death."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:54 pm
((I like it... I think.
I'm (for some reason) really in the mood to write right now, so Tramer, watch your back.))

Tramer continued on with bursts of speed, hoping that the others would follow behind him, but he may have been paying too much attention behind him. One of the many cave paths, which Tramer was headed towards, was not lit by any light. The darkness was thick enough to muffle sounds and dampen senses.
Dixtrel had quickly gotten bored and decided to eliminate the biggest threat the arachnid could think of; the mage. She had a feeling that none of even her toughest could hold there own against him for very long, but she did have the strongest body of the nest. How else do you think she got to be the leader. It was becoming high time she proved her worth to her tribe by bringing down a strong host for one of her brethren to use.
Obviously, knowing this, as we do from outside the story, there must have been some sort of trap within the shadows of the dark hall.

((So, Cap'n, let me see if I've got this right.
Stab (not necessarily kill) the controlling spider with a steel blade in the right spot to destroy the connection web, but the host will start bleeding?
That can't be right? Can it?))  

TY Charns
Crew

Tramer
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:50 pm
((I think he mistook how the spiders control there host, from what I read it seems he took it as a small spider literally implants itself into the host. Epotheros, these spiders are very large (closer to the size of a horse), specifically how they control there host I do not know, thou they need to bite there pray to gain control. Unless we want to specifies exactly how these spiders control there hosts, maybe once they bite you they literally inject baby spiders into the host, and they are the control line? I don’t know…just random crazy thought))

Running forward Tramer soon was straining to see, even his elven eye were having trouble piercing the darkness.

It was not loog till he found himself having to fallow the spiders auras to make his way through the narrow passage, right in the middle of devising a spell to light the way his thoughts were cut abruptly as he stepped on a strange rune.

“you fool!!” the voice of Dericos hissed inside Tramer’s mind.

Before he could take note of anything he was engulfed a bright flash of light and then was gone. The rune he had steeped on turned to ash moments after Tramer vanished.

“&#*%*^ …#%$#*#$ #%*%#” he cursed in elvesh as he looked around, taking a few steps forward he was still a bit wobbly form the teleportation. Examining his surroundings he soon decided he was in some sort of cell, approaching the iron bared door he briefly examined the locking mechanism before placing the palm his altered hand onto the door, after mumbling a few short fraises the internal components of the lock liquefied and Tramer let himself out of the cell.

He was rather surprised to see many more such cells, it was a large long chamber, both walls lined with cells, possibly hundreds of them, it seemed these spiders were well prepared for intruders. mumbling another short fraise a small orb of light appeared in front of Tramer, it produced a surprising amount of light for its size as it hovered around Tramer’s head.

Making his way out of the camber he preceded much slower, so as not to fall into any more traps, his main goal was to reunite with the others, thou if he was to find Ty’s and Clover’s controllers, he would not turn down the opportunity to dispatch of them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:35 am
As Tramer's light orb appeared to light his way, TY stepped out of the very cell Tramer had just left. Because the orb was slightly in front of him, lighting his future footsteps, Tramer's shadow was long and dark behind him.
"Tell me honestly, do you really think you can stop me?"
Before the mage could turn himself or his light, TY was gone again, camouflaging himself within Tramer's very shadow.

((Maybe, you have to cut out an inch or so out of the host in the exact spot where the host was stabbed, to remove the end of the connection thread?
That actually makes some sense, and still mostly follows what we've all said.))  

TY Charns
Crew

Tramer
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:44 pm
“that is a good question…” he said without even turning to face the controlled shadow bender, “I have a theory…mind you only a theory, I‘ll tell you about it in a moment” he said turning around looking down at his own shadow, the small orb of light now behind him.

He thought about testing his theory now thou quickly decided agents it, if his plan didn’t work, the only way he could keep up with Ty would be to point to point teleport and in such a cramped space such magic would be very dangerous.

“so…what’s your name” he asked as he calmly walked down the chamber, he could only hope Ty’s controller would wait to make there move till Tramer had made it into a larger room, reaching into his robes he pulled out a small polished stone with a variety of runes carved on its surface, just incase Ty attacked before then.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:59 pm
Trapping the last child into the branch and vine cage. Rosette quickly disarmed them all and turned her back on them. "Do you know how to release them?" She asked jerking her head toward the cage. "And if not, what do we do with them. We can't leave them here like this."

"She thinks she's won. Doesn't she sister" asked one child to the leader from earlier.
"Yes. I do think she does. To bad she and her friend will never last the night. Not unless they run now and never stop running." Laughing at her happy thought, the little one poked another in the side. "Hey, don't you think this is funny brother?"
"Yup! Very funny. THe group is going to be a few people shorter, none to say in the least. And all-in-all a great source of merryment to the clan."he replied as he joined in on his sisters laughing. Slowly all five of the captured young were laughing at the shared sick joke, that only they could follow.  

Foxkilth

Devoted Lunatic

9,000 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

TY Charns
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:21 pm
(("...that only they could follow." Are you sure? ninja
!!! Just a thought Foxkilth, you've trapped the children in a cage of vines and branches... wasn't it already stated that they were armed with knives?))

TY's face poked up through the dark silky splotch on the ground.
"All that magic causing you to suffer from amnesia my friend? I'm the same person I was when we first met. I just have a new perspective on things."
His face faded back into the hard, uneven floor. His voice now resounded from cracks within the walls.
"By the by, where do you think you're going? The path is caved in up ahead. The only was out is the way you came to be here in the first place.
The last sentence was whispered right into his right ear, from the folds within the fabric of his clothes.
"Surely at least one of you has figured that out by now."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:50 pm
Tramer let out a long sigh as he took note Ty’s words held truth, the path ahead was blocked… sheathing his swords he took a moment to think before speaking.

“perspective? Never thought about putting it that way…now don’t take me as a fool, I know you’re just another worthless spider controlling my friend like a puppet, thou if you don’t wish to give me your name so be it.” he said griped the stone he held in the palm of his hand.

“I’ll honestly be imprested if this works! Thou…even if it dose how long can you maintain it?” the voice of Dericos echoed inside Tramer’s head.

Closing his eyes in concentration he prepared his spell, “remember the theory I mentioned? Well here it is, Shadow benders can meld with and shape shadows to there will, correct? Well what if someone got rid of every shadow in the vicinity of a shadow bender?”

Taking one final breath Tramer opened his eyes, with that a blast of light erupted form Tramer, thousands of small orbs very similar to the one he had earlier summoned darted off in all directions, they passed thou the stone and flesh without quarrel, each taking its specified position, some even stayed near Tramer pasing through his clothing without trouble. Within moments there was not a shadow within the long narrow hall.

“what I hope happens is that the shadow bender will be completely incapacitated…or at lest significantly weakened, so, what say you about my theory?” he asked as he unsheathed one of his two swords.  

Tramer
Crew

TY Charns
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:15 am
((You know... somehow I just knew you were going to try and do that.
And you thought it through nicely, I can see. But you did miss a few bits that would have made this work better. One such miscalculation would be that, though you passed the lights through the clothes to even prevent TY from squeezing into those tight spaces, you can't get the light to squeeze in between two touching objects. One example for you; Tramer's feet and the floor beneath them.
But in the art of fairness, since you did so nicely in your forethought planning, I'll say it worked... mostly.))

TY now stood amidst the lit orbs, just a few feet beyond Tramer's reach.
"It will be so nice when I can show you how to use your powers properly. Without making so many stupid mistakes."
Like filling a room with so many lights you make it too bright to see anything. Heh. I know you're left eye can't see me. But I wonder about the other one.
"We can't see each other,.." Though the other one can probably sense me well enough.
"...Even if you do manage to get to me, we both know I'm faster,
Our friends are being defeated, and captured, as we speak,
These lights are probably a spell you can only hold for so long before becoming too weak,
And despite all that, you're only using one sword against me?"

An unseen smile graced TY's face.
"You're very amusing, but I wonder, can you really kill me?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:00 am
((Wow. O.O So much activity, and I was off enjoying the holiday of laziness. Well this isn't much. My brain in terms of production and creativity doesn't really work all that well during winter break.))

'Clover' smiled with a nervous twitch. Her host was still 'ripe' in a sense. Though she spoke confidently to her superior, there was still the risk of failure. Keeping her main body in the shadows away from the commotion, the anxious arachnid sent her new puppet into the fray.

There was little possibility that they knew how to rid the woman of her control, and from the the memories she had shifted through, there was little chance that any of these 'friends' of Clover's would attack with the intent to kill. Clover darted through the masses of lower level spiders quietly. If she could corner and divert a few of the prospective hosts then a comrade could finish the rest.

After searching through the chaos she came across quite a site. Rosette and Shmitty were 'playing' with children she as an arachnid had seen before. She hid and watched as the scene played out. Though the children had become captured, she waited. They had a plan. These kids always had a plan, and she counted herself fortunate to see it in action.

maurikal
Crew

7,050 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Tramer
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:59 pm
((true, light cant pass though two touching objects, thou if they are touching technically there would not be a shadow, there would only be the two objects, am I wrong?))

Pocketing the stone he decided it would be best to save it for later, in the motion he unsheathed his other sword.

Ty was right about the blinding light, thou Tramer had expected it, he had hoped to be in a large wide area minimizing its dangers. Taking a fighting stance Tramer pondered for a moment what would be the best means of attack.

Relying on his altered eye Tramer rushed forward, “true you may be faster…but by how much so?” he said as squeezed the hilts of his swords and then vanished, reappearing behind Ty mid way on a powerful horizontal swing of his swords.  
*Fantasy RPs* (Elves, Medieval, Exc)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff