Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 519 520 521 522 523 524 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:53 pm
Des Voh
Ral Roke
Do you have to be force sensitive in order to resist some force mind effects?
No, you just have to have a strong will. Thus why it only works on those lesser beings. Trying to mind control another force-user is just impossible because they tend to be the strongest willed people out their.
Right I was wondering about that. I was hoping it would be possible for me to have a little resistance.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:54 pm
Mandos are known for their force resilience, along with the Dashade. Anything that's a hutt genetic offshoot, like toydarians and tillanda till, are immune period.  

lady_skuld

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:54 pm
Des Voh
To have some aces up my sleeve.

If you need Force Sensitivity to have an Ace up your sleave, you're clearly not clever enough to make up some good ones.
I cant see a practical reason for you to be Force Sensitive.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:55 pm
Ral Roke
Des Voh
Ral Roke
No, you just have to have a strong will. Thus why it only works on those lesser beings. Trying to mind control another force-user is just impossible because they tend to be the strongest willed people out their.
Right I was wondering about that. I was hoping it would be possible for me to have a little resistance.

You trained to resist torture?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:56 pm
Cale Darksun
Ral Roke
Des Voh
Ral Roke

You trained to resist torture?
Pretty much my whole thinking on that. So that's a yes.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:56 pm
Let the boy have force sensitivity. Its not like he'll be able to alter anyone's minds or influence them to do anything special without godmodding, so it might explain how a zeltron's capable of running a pirating crew.  

lady_skuld

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:59 pm
Zeltrons are easily capable of gathering other people as is.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:00 pm
Fine.

And yeah, Ral. If you're trained to resist torture, you'll have some strength against Force Powers.

Anyone Knight level or above can over power your resistances however. This is Canon.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:02 pm
Cale Darksun
Fine.

And yeah, Ral. If you're trained to resist torture, you'll have some strength against Force Powers.

Anyone Knight level or above can over power your resistances however. This is Canon.

All right then. Just didn't want to be manipulated by anything that could use the force.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:04 pm
lady_skuld
Let the boy have force sensitivity. Its not like he'll be able to alter anyone's minds or influence them to do anything special without godmodding, so it might explain how a zeltron's capable of running a pirating crew.
Exactly. Strong leadership skills and a bit of Force-enhanced Luck can get you plenty of places.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

lady_skuld

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:04 pm
Don't run into me then.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:05 pm
Ral Roke
Cale Darksun
Fine.

All right then. Just didn't want to be manipulated by anything that could use the force.

You still can be but you have some resistance.
Not as strong as a Mandalorians' Iron will or the will of a philosopher or other deep thinker, but you've got a better than average chance of resisting weak attempts.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:06 pm
Cale Darksun
Ral Roke
Cale Darksun
Fine.

You still can be but you have some resistance.
Not as strong as a Mandalorians' Iron will or the will of a philosopher or other deep thinker, but you've got a better than average chance of resisting weak attempts.
All right. And skuld, the last time I checked, you were still an apprentice.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:09 pm
I don't think she's into the whole mind trick, Ral. I think she'd use the force to slice you to bits...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:11 pm
I'm sure that'll be quite a cat-fight.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 519 520 521 522 523 524 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games