Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:28 pm
I bet that's Starfleets newest version of the imfamous Kobiyashi Maru...

"This is the transport Kobiyashi Maru, we have encountered a Borg vessel, requesting emergency assistance."

Every command cadet's response, "s**t, I hate this scenario."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:31 pm
It's Starfleet's little lesson that, unless you're Captain Kirk, Sisko, Picard, or Janeway, you're screwed.

I don't believe in a no-win scenario. * hacks system *  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

iKuumi

Lonely Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:58 am
Chuuuu.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:02 am
Pika?  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Heian Yoroichi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:07 am
...when i joined this guild i had in my mind this crazy notion that this was a star wars guild, dont they have a Trekky guild for you guys... scream

Talis points* arrow

"HEY LOOK ITS SHATNER!!!"

rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:18 am
Rodyn
Raining Wolf King
Rodyn
Raining Wolf King
I see a little silhouetto of a man....
rolleyes

Scaramouche, scaramouche, will you do the fandango
Thunderbolts and lightning, very, very frightening!

Galileo

Galileo

Galileo

Galileo

Galileo

Figaro

Magnifecoooo-oooooo-ooooo-oooo

its=
I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouch, Scaramouch, will you do the Fandango
Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening me
(Galileo) Galileo (Galileo) Galileo, Galileo Figaro
Magnifico-o-o-o-o
I'm just a poor boy nobody loves me
He's just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?
Bismillah! No, we will not let you go
Let him go
Bismillah! We will not let you go
Let him go
Bismillah! We will not let you go
Let me go (Will not let you go)
Let me go (Will not let you go) (Never, never, never, never)
Let me go, o, o, o, o
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
(Oh mama mia, mama mia) Mama Mia, let me go
Beelzebub has the devil put aside for me, for me, for me!

guitar rift then more singing razz  

Heian Yoroichi

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:38 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE6emvdmg-M  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:34 am
I have a crazy notion, affection for star wars and affection for star trek are not mutually exclusive.  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:49 pm
Agreed. And in every other thread of this guild, Star wars must be directly the topic of conversation. Here in the cantina, there is no anathema though. Otherwise, we'd have to ban the normative mode of talking.

Speaking of that, I just realized something in latin.... Yoda is freaking speaking like Cicero.

point:

Hanc rem publicam salve esse volumus. - Cicero.

Translates to "we wish the republic to be safe." However, that's not the word order. If the word order is taken literally....

"That the republic, to be safe, we wish."

Of course, when i started speaking like the little wrinkled green potato matser, my teacher laughed quite a bit. Then he told me if i ever insulted cicero again, i'd fail the assignment.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:56 pm
Darkened Angel
Borg invasion.

GAME OVER. blaugh

Funny you should mention that because they're push-overs in STO. I stumbled across a competitive PvE mission in the Klingon-Federation Neutral Zone with two friends where there was a MASSIVE fleet of Borg cubes, spheres, and probes (we were also joined by about 7 other players). I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw them. But, apparently Starfleet has had quite a few technological advances, because we had no trouble with them (of course, they didn't all rush at us at once).

Plus, it's explained in the beginning that the Borg seemed "detached" and "not like they used to be. I probably couldn't take on a cube by myself (note: I'm still in my starter ship, as were most of the others in the battle. Progression through ranks takes a while, thankfully) but they were still rather easy.  

Rodyn

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:18 pm
Damn they made them Voyager esque... where even a measly intrepid-class frigate can single handedly kill a cube didn't they? God, another reason to avoid the game.

The Borg are not the borg unless seeing one makes you s**t yourself and go running to mommy. You want pesky opponents to fight in PvE use the the Maquis, Cardassian Hideki, or, dare I say it, Klingon B'rels. Not the Borg. A single sphere should be more than a match for your starter ship, let alone cubes, diamonds, and all the other classes of Borg ship that have appeared over the years.

That's like handing someone a CR85 and pointing them at the Eclipse for a starter mission. Some of the game designers have a couple screws loose I guess.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:26 pm
hey guys whatcha talking about?  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:28 pm
Apparently Rodyn is part of the Beta testing for Star Trek Online...

So I'm bashing its flaws in game design while waiting for some activity in a couple RPG threads. Because I'm bored.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:02 pm
Why don't you direct your attention to the one in the Other Rim.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Rodyn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:09 pm
stellarmagic
Damn they made them Voyager esque... where even a measly intrepid-class frigate can single handedly kill a cube didn't they? God, another reason to avoid the game.

The Borg are not the borg unless seeing one makes you s**t yourself and go running to mommy. You want pesky opponents to fight in PvE use the the Maquis, Cardassian Hideki, or, dare I say it, Klingon B'rels. Not the Borg. A single sphere should be more than a match for your starter ship, let alone cubes, diamonds, and all the other classes of Borg ship that have appeared over the years.

That's like handing someone a CR85 and pointing them at the Eclipse for a starter mission. Some of the game designers have a couple screws loose I guess.

I agree, I don't like how easy they are. Although apparently you only run into Borg for competitive PvE missions and in Borg Space itself. I'm assuming they're looking for a new queen, or something.

Also, just to clarify, I wasn't taking them on alone.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games