Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eliasjor

4,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:56 am
Thank you for having me biggrin , I think that joining this guild will help me and my friends spred the word about "TXT TLK". I am a joyful 12 year-old that just lover the Engish Language. I will feel right at home.
*send me a message if any mistakes or you want to know more about me*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:36 pm
Howdy all. I'm 15, a Christian, and I act like I'm atheist. I use sometimes questionable language, and I seem very "heartless" at times to people, but it's the way I am. I started using good grammar a while back when I saw your signatures, and it's helped me loads on grammar/English tests. I'm fluent in 'txt' and '1337' so I can help translate if you need it.

I also like to debate, but I really have to be in the mood, though I pretty much always am. If any of you guys or girls need help with anything in life at all, feel free to come to me, but be prepared for me to be totally blunt, because I treat other like I want to be treated, and I don't like anything sugar-coated for me.

Zen Bassist

Shadowlit Facade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:55 pm
Thanks for the accept. I'm just some guy.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:31 pm
XxX
♥..............♥
I'm a literate gaian happy to join this guild.
And...uh...did you know that a lion mates to an average of 30 times a day?

♥..............♥
XxX

Alien Muffin

Chaos Lord Krion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:53 am
My name is Geoffrey, I am 17 years old, and I have enough OCD that I need guilds like this to keep from having an aneurysm every two and a half minutes on this site.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:00 am
I'm Fionnabhair Aoife...you can just call me Fionna or Darkwing. razz I know the full username is a bit of a mouthful (>.>; typing-wise, that is...so handful? I guess? Does it really matter? XD).

Anyway....I'm an English major, almost 17 years old now, and only slightly less OCD than the previous poster. 3nodding

Fionnabhair Aoife

T o x ii c R a ii n b o w

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:13 pm
Thanks for accepting me. I am a literate 14 year-old, trying not to go completely insane on the gaia forums. Call me Jess, want more information? PM me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:54 am
I hate introducing myself, but I'll give it a try.

I'm almost 25, I don't live in a country where English is the mother tongue and I know 5 different languages.

I like "c"-words - cats, computers, chocolate... wink  

isolumme

Aelanaar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:33 pm
Hello,

I am Aelanaar. I am in my late twenties. I enjoy any kind of gaming (table top and video mostly though.), reading, writing stories and every now and again I try my hand at poetry, although, I am convinced I stink. I am typically good with my grammer, however, I tend to forget the rules of punctuation. If you notice bad punctuation please give me a *Slap* stressed upside my digital head.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:45 pm
Hello n.n

I am 14, and live in the US.

My punctuation is horrible but other then that I am relatively literate.

But I'd die if there wasn't such a thing as
a 'Spellchecker'.

I also like manga and anime.

But I prefer Manga because I can never seem to finish an anime.

Uh. Hm.

._.

I ran out of things to say...

Bye n.n

XxSilver_NekoxX

Toxicated Cuppycakes

Tipsy Lunatic

6,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:08 pm
Fufu. I am Toxicated Cookie. call me Cy if you want, though. I may be 15, but I can really own when it comes to vocabulary! I'm a horrid speller though.
*hugs her FireFox spell check*
My favorite subject in school is by far English class, and I get picked on it at school for it... At least I have a place where I can be appreciated for my liking of literacy.
I'm kind of dyslexic... >.>

I like anime, manga, bloody stuff, roleplaying and other sorts of nifty stuff.

I hate people who talk with a fake English accent because it makes them sound SO flipping retarded gonk And people who don't appreciate the English language and slaughter it with the horrors of 'txt-tlk' and people who say "lol" too much.

mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:05 pm
Hey, I'm Brit. I'm 16 (as it seems standard to post one's age here...) and known as quite the grammar nazi among my friends. I'm sure I'll feel right at home here. biggrin  

DontKicktheBrit

Inus_human

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:07 pm
I am Inus.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:17 pm
Hello, my name is Dreaming Beyond Hope. I'm 20 years old and I'm a bible College Student. I'm very much Canadian and am very grammar-conscious. It irritates me a lot when people can't even type out their words or add a period or capitalize the word "I". I'm sure I will feel quite at home here.  

Jasmine Snape

High-functioning Detective

Shoko-Howlette

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:50 pm
Hi All! *waves*

I was accepted into this guild a few days ago and have been loving it ever since!

Im 21 years old and live in san diego. I love to read, I read all kinds of stuff. Hell, I read this whole thread before posting... Yeah I get a little overboard sometimes.

This is where the mess begins:

I am very literate...
But I am a horriable speller, and a sloppy typer becuase I have nerve damage in one hand. Another thing is that I have a speach impediment and learned how to spell phonetically... yeah that didnt work to well... Teach someone who has a hard time speaking how to sound out the words.
So if what I've typed does'nt make sence just sound it out, then you will know how I say it!

Another random fact-toid ( Im not sure thats even a word) I get words like "me, my, mine, i, you, yours" and such messed up from too long playing Gorean RP. Seriously sometimes I capitalize then when its not needed or dont capitalize them at all. Sometimes I even make split caps, even when its totally innapropate.

Now that you all know a little about me hopefully I will get to know all of you!  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff