Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ OPEN 2063-2064 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 182 183 184 185 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

missmess_x

Tiny Fatcat

8,575 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:21 pm

User Image

User Image

User Image ░█ ▌╳▐░ jaqueline ▂ lotus
xxxxxxxxxx{ U N S O R T E D }

To be in Slytherin, where her Papa had expected her of becoming? Or Ravenclaw where her mother's blood had reigned? How about Hufflepuff - she could be sort of loyal, right? Gryffindor for her sense of adventure? Jacquie couldn't guess which, although her father's voice kept ringing in the back of her mind... You're a Slytherin, he'd tell her, where the best of our kind has always been! Do me proud kid. Jacquie swallowed. A huge part of her didn't want to be in Slytherin. That huge part of her wanted to defy her father and show that she can be her best in whatever house she was in... like be a squirrel. That'd be quite a feat! And she could nibble on delish walnuts all day. Or perhaps she could just get a pet squirrel to play with... Braya may not like that though. Oh, but then Braya may not like her as a squirrel either too!

She shook her head out of her muddled thoughts, because either way, Jacquie would just have to accept whatever decision.

Lady Chocolat XIII
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm spontaneous; I like to do the unexpected. Be unpredictable. If someone were to hang out with me, prepare for stealing brooms and doing our best to fly away from any oncoming teachers! Of course, it wouldn't always be like that; I'm not an actual rebel, I just like the thrill and adrenaline. I guess it comes into me being positively wacky too. Someone asks me a question, they may get an answer they weren't ever expecting. Someone walks in on me in an empty room, you may find me up on a stack of shairs, goggles over my eyes, searching for something you may think doesn't exist. But I know it does. I've had my fair share of books, immersing myself with tonnes of books. So, yes, I am a bit nutty... But I also pride myself on my creativity. They say insanity is a creative nature. They weren't exactly wrong. Having a colourful personality could allow you to think outside the box! Which is what I absolutely love doing! It sets me a challenge to not be like the average doll. Then, of course, I like being sneaky. Since I was really small, I enjoyed creeping up on others to either scare them, or eavesdrop. Gossip is fun, but I do it more so for the information gathering... There is only so much you can get from books. I prefer on-hands any day, anyway. So, yes, you may see me sneaking around, but I doubt it; I'm pretty sure I've practically mastered the art (now to just develop my magic to a level where becoming an animagus isn't so far out of reach! Hehehe). Being sneaky, to me, also comes with being clever and curious. "Curiosity killed the cat", they say... but I'll always ALWAYS counter with "Ah, but satisfaction brought him back.". Being sneaky, and finding ways to escape under people's noses requires cleverness. To think outside the box requires cleverness. I don't want to boast - not at all!! - but I'd honestly say I'd need to have that dash of cleverness, or all my work wouldn't exist!

I can also be random. Comes under the category of being 'nutty'. It's because my train of thought usually does dives and circles - but they're always connected by something, people just wouldn't know how. You could say 'phoenix feathers are rare', and I'll have responded 'you know, mashed potatoes are yummy'. Phoenixes being birds, birds who love worms, and earthworms live in the earth, and vegetables come from the earth, and I always like potatoes the best out of the lot, and mashed potatoes are just simply better! < That would've been my train of thought. Hope that helps clear things up a little. Pa always kept saying it's the thinker in me. But toher's would just keep saying 'righto, well, aren't you just bloody random, Jaquie!', or something like that. The other most important thing you must know about me too, is that I am pretty freaking stubborn. Only exception being my Pa, who I look up to and admire. Other than him, if I've made up my mind, don't you even think you can change it. You won't succeed. Ever. Unless with great persistence, and hard logic, with a dash of sillyness. Even then, I still won't be able to budge. So just watch out. Thus, with all of this, I can be extremely annoying, embarrassing and a pain-in-the-a**... You just gotta know how to handle me, is all /smile smile

And call me an absolute sticky-beak too, if you wish, but as a born reporter, it is within my future-job description!

. . .

located;; { the Great Hall! }
mood ;; { nervous! excited! energetic! what isn't she?! }
with ;; { all of Hogwarts staff and students now }
OOC ...

User Image
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:39 pm

User Image

Richard Drage
First Year - Unsorted
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Richard stepped nervously up to be sorted. He didn't know what precisely his house was going to be, but he hoped he would at least be a good fit for it. He closed his eyes as he sat down and felt the hat go over his head.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm intelligent, studious, and not afraid to take challenges. I also happen to be quiet, since my father doesn't usually take note of me too much.

----------------------------------
OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:43 pm

User Image

Rose Hall
First Year - Unsorted
☆•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.¤

Rose stepped up to the stool, curious. She had seen a lot of other peole get sorted so far, but she was wondering if it would work the same way for her. She sat down and felt the hat go over her head.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit of a tomboy. I like to get my hands dirty and am not afraid to stand up to anyone. I am also not afraid to speak my mind, which may or may not get me into trouble sometimes, but I don't care.

OOC:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:06 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
~*Melissa Jones*~
Unsorted|First Year
Rich Muggle-Born
Curious as hell

I wonder how those floating candles manage to stay up. Do you need to renew the magic every once in a while or is it self- sustaining? Stupid noisy brats. I wanna duct tape all of their mouths so that I'd know what the big deal is about having this "House". Wait, too much work. I'm hungry. Where's the food? All these tables and no food. So much for magical.

Lemmy hoped the teacher in front wouldn't shout out her name to the whole school. She cringed at the thought. What about the students who don't like their names being called out loud, then? Hope those noisy brats can be a little louder when it's my turn.

So many new things to try out and explore. Like how that hat works. Maybe it's like picking from a random lottery. You put the hat on, it waits for suspense then shouts out some House name. Or something. Wonder what will happen if I burn it. Will it scream?

And then she was called.

Her stomach growled. I'm so hungry... When will this end?

She put on the Sorting Hat.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm curious, serious, and slow. I'm realistic, honest, and very prideful. I'm very adaptable to any situation, and prefer to jump into things so I can learn them hands on. I hate being forced to do or learn something I'm not interested in. I hate and admire loyalty, but I'd rather stay away from exaggerated expressions of it.Despite all that, I'm always optimistic and appreciate the small things in life.

When facing something I dislike, I smile politely and walk away. And when I can't have my way in a situation, I just grit my teeth and do whatever needs to be done so I can get it out of my hair. But when I actually want something, nothing will be able to stop me from getting close to it.

Dandeleon

jgirl1234567891011

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:12 am

User Image

Justin Crook
Unsorted First Year

Justin listened as her friends were called up. When his name was called, he made his way up to the stool where the Sorting Hat was. He was really excited,finally getting sorted into the house he will be in for seven years.

Quote:
In a nutshell, I'mPeople say that, in a nutshell, I'm smart but some times silly and a prankster with a mean temper if you make me really mad,spontaneous, Adventurous,helpful, and fun loving,when I have to be I am a great leader, I also love to fly,I tend to be loud and boisterous. I'd like to meet people who are creative and interesting,I am kinda a ladys man and I have to look good at all times, Headstrong and sure of myself,I'm a smooth talker, I'll step up to just about any challenge,I am Brave, Loyal, Outspoken,Creative and family is everything to me but otherwise I am a real chill person.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:10 pm

Dante Romulus Maximus Francesco Auditore approached the sorting hat with a big grin on his face. Ever since he was a very small child, his uncle had told him about the wonders of this school. And in all honesty, it had lived up to his expectations. From having to run straight through a brick wall, to the cieling that matched the current weather, everything was down to the letter that his uncle had told him... Except for the fact that there was now a new headmaster. Oh well, teachers and staff get replaced all the time don't they? Either way, Dante hears his rather rediculously long name called and he begins to walk in a rather calm manner to the sorting hat. So this was it, the moment of truth. This was going to be the point in time that would decide what house he was going to spend the remainder of his time here at hogwarts at. He sat down and waited patiently for the headmaster to place the sorting cap on his head, at which point it would tell him which of the houses he was destined to be in.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'mclever, sly, ruthless, cunning, and good at coming up with plans. he is brave but he isn't stupid. He won't do anything stupidly brave or noble just because it's the right thing to do. He will help if in an appearance of goodwill, but he oftentimes manages to manipulate the situation to benefit him over anybody else. However, if the negatives outweigh the positives by too much, he won't do something just because it's morally right.

Auraka

XxInsertCoolNamexX_Ren

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:27 pm

User ImageI Don’t Care, I Don’t Care, why don’t you follow them?
You all look exactly the same, oh I’m sick of it, sick of it
It’s no fun, why are you doing this like a bird trapped in a cage?
Oh don’t trap yourself inside, hurry and get up

▷▶╔══════════════╗ ◀ ◁
MinKi followed his fellow first years into the Great Hall silently. He didn't [ay much attention to anything but trying to keep his feet moving as he was dead tired. 'Can we get this over with?'
▷▶╚══════════════╝ ◀ ◁
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Company: Students and Staff
Emotion: Sleepy
〖【OutOfCrayons:
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Ready, incredible Action! Ready, amazing Action!
Oh there’s no need to care about others, you are shining
Ready, incredible Showtime! Ready, your own showtime!
Show who you are so the world can be amazed

-RenNuest-
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm rather dull, and I’ve been told on many occasions that I seem to have no personality at all. I rarely do much, and smiling isn’t something I am caught doing often. I’m known for being alone, I’m not all too fond of getting to know people because once I let them in I tend to get too attached to them. I’m clumsy, much to my displeasure, and I’m a bit clueless at times. Not to mention my memory is horrible. I’m naturally smart, but I don’t like school at all therefore I don’t study for anything. I am quite artistic though, I think it’s because I hold everything in so writing and drawing is the only way I free myself. Im curious by nature and also quite adventurous when I feel like it. I won’t call myself mean but I do have a tendency to say rather rude things to people to keep them away, defense mechanism, maybe? Not that this counts as a personality trait, but I thought I'd mention that I'm a parselmouth.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:32 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat

XxXDevil-Chan
With a thousand lies
And a good disguise
Hit ‘em right between the eyes

MICHELLE CATLIN

Wearing

|||Unsorted|||Pureblood|||First Year|||

User Image User Image
Michelle walked into the great hall with the rest of the line of first years. She was impressed by the high magical ceiling. It looked exactly as the sky outside had looked just moments before. She glanced around the room at each of the house tables. She knew as a McHalen, her blood pointed to Slytherin, but her heart didn't want to be there. Michelle tilted her head as she looked the table where her father and grandfather and grandfather's father and everyone else before that had sat and shook her head. Even my personality points towards Slytherin. She thought to herself grumpily. She jumped as the professor called
"Michelle McHalen"
She wrinkled her nose at the last name she hadn't used since she was 6 and walked towards the stool. She sat down and as the hat touched her head she thought desperately Not Slytherin. Please please not slytherin. Anything but Slytherin.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm fierce intimidating blunt and forceful. I'm a loner and prefer to be with only one or two people at most. I'm easily angered and am out for my own good. I like to manipulate people to get what i want and think its hilarious to tease others. If you're my friend I'm very loyal and would protect you with my life but only if you're my true friend. If you are really my true friend you will know because only then will I tell you everything and spend most of my time with you.I find it hard to make friends because of trust issues. You may think i'm you're friend but if i don't trust you then you aren't really my friend and the next minute i could very well stab you in the back.
User Image
OOC:...

Feeling:
Where I am: The Quad
What I'm doing: Waiting
Who I'm with: Ada
Love interest: No One

When you walk away
Nothing more to say
See the lightning in your eyes
See ‘em running for their lives

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....

Your path is ahead of you
It may not be where you want
but this will help you grow
in the right direction

Slytherin!

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:46 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Yukina101
I’m impregnable, incredible, the setting of quo
I’m at Lay Chimirida, not a heart and soul
I got a Saturday night, and nothing is dead
And if I ever had to do it, well, you know I wouldn’t care

User Image
Chantale Ellis

House: Unsorted
Year: First
Pureblood

Nell couldn't believe it. They were finally being led into the Great hall to be sorted! After the long hours of waiting and standing out in the cool night in hunger it was finally happening. When her name was called-and she grimaced having her full named called rather than her casual one-she nervously sat upon the stool and wished for the best.
Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Weird, but she's ok with that. Nell is a vegetarian mostly because she can't stand the thought of an animal being killed then being eaten. She can be shy around large amounts of people but in small groups can be rather talkative about everything and nothing. She loves to smile and does it often while also getting others to smile.

What I'm wearing: Isn't she cute?
Who's she with: Sorting Hat
Thoughts: Finally being sorted!

I just kicked down, I love when I’m seen
Yeah, and if I’m on a tour back, the message is free
Then there’s a fire, a ray, a knot in sight
And if you get popped here, you get ‘em a lot
You get a heart, bake

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....

I see
Very interesting
I know where to put you

Hufflepuff!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:54 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Sir Spazalots
User Image
User Image

╔════════════════════════════════╗

Keith heard his named called and rushed up under the Sorting Hat. He sat on the stool and waited.
C'mon Gryffindor!
He thought as he looked out from under the hat.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm hot headed and impulsive, I jump into things headfirst and don't stop till i'm through, I am very couragous and brave, I'm also really stubborn and a tad spoiled, but what do you expect, I mean seriously my dad is a world famous quidditch player.

╚════════════════════════════════╝

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head.
I know
Gryffindor!

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:03 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

XxXDevil-Chan
Picture perfect, that's what it seems
They've got this whole thing figured out,
We'll leave this place behind, doesn't that feel right?
Picture perfect, it's picture perfect

GRACIE MCHALEN

Wearing

|||Unsorted|||Half blood|||First Year|||

User Image
Gracie entered the hall with the line of first years and fingered the drab uniform that everyone in the school had to wear. She wrinkled her nose in distaste, why couldn't everything be colourful. She'd be much happier with a bright red or gold uniform. She looked around at the tables. All of her mothers family had been Slytherin, but her father was a muggle. She ruffled the back of her hair, wondering where she would end up. She doubted it'd be Slytherin, the only reason the hat had put her mother there was because she'd pleaded with it. She watched as her cousin was sorted and then her names was called.
"Grace Elanor McHalen."
She groaned at her middle name and then put on her award winning smile and sauntered up to the stool. She knew no matter what house the ratty old hat put her in, she'd be perfect and of course she'd be able to have fun and break rules no matter where she was put. Her smile faltered slightly as the hat was place on her head. If I get lice or something else disgusting from this hat I'll scream She thought to herself, wrinkling her nose.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a drama queen. I love to be surrounded by people and I love attention. I always want to be right and I love answering questions in class so the rest of the students as well as the teacher will notice me. I love to face unknown things to test my abilities. I'm outgoing and I make friends very easily. I'm quite pretty if I do say so myself, and i guess you might say I'm a bit conceited

The days are fading
Like they're one in the same
Picture perfect doesn't mean much to me

Charming one you are
Thinking always thinking
Well that does it

Ravenclaw!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:07 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Lavi the Junior Bookman
User Image
Jack Blank

Unsorted/ Pureblood / First year

- From the beginning I drew pictures of the searching sun
Blissfully denying what is instinct-

- Since the beginning
I’ve seen
color, but lately it’s been tainted
With
grays and under-glows-

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Jack gazed at the hall nodding, it was exactly how it looked in the books. Even down to the floating candles. He was ready to jump up and down for joy, he was bursting with excitement. He glanced to his side and noticed that he had lost Gracie in the crowd much to his regret. He wanted to know what house she would be in as well as his own.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm easy-going and friendly, not very driven, but still quiet intelligent. Eccentric at times and can be considered annoying by others. I've got a bit of a depressing side to my personality as well. I can completely shut down or use people when under a lot of stress.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

You mind goes many ways
I see friends are important for you
You will make many in..

Hufflepuff!

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:12 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

x-Grim_Robot-x
User Image

Tobyn Jackson
Unsorted First Year

Grinning Tobyn stepped up when the hat was called. He was finally about to get sorted and eat some delicious food. Sitting on the stool he eagerly awaited the hat's decision.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm loud. Not on purpose though. I just have a naturally loud voice. I'm a bursting ball of energy and don't like to sit still. I'm always doing something, even if it gets me in trouble. I'm also very daring and adventurous. I'm always up for anything. My mum says that there's a fine line between bravery and foolishness and that they tend to go hand in hand, or something like that. No clue what she's talking about. Yeah I do some things that might seem stupid and even reckless but I like to be challenged and I never back down from anything. I've been called headstrong and stubborn. I do have a bit of a temper and I get mad rather easily. I'm loyal to my family and people I consider friends and will stick up for anybody. I'm not afraid to speak my mind and give my opinion. Despite my outward roughness I can be a proper gentleman when required.

Brave I see hmmm
Foolish too, you mother is right you know
A good heart

Gryffindor!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:20 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Bug430
Anthony walked into the place, his name being called finally. It was his turn.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm brilliant. I'm a kid who knows everything about everything. I know how to build a computer. I know how to build cars. I know virtually everything. So don't try to outsmart me because I will make you look even more foolish than you actually are. Moral of the story, don't mess with me.

Along with me being brilliant, I'm a womanizer, even at the age of 11. Quite funny isn't it. I know very many ways to get a girl to fall in love with me. I'm also a leader and I will take problems into my own hands before I'll let it be delegated to a lesser person.

I am always inventing things; so obviously, I am inventive, if anyone knows what that means. I can use anything to make anything. I once made a mini robot out of a tin can and computer wires. I also once have created a rocket launcher using pvc pipe and other things. So one can tell I'm brilliant. Have I told you this before?

I am my own person. I'll never change honestly. I will always be brilliant. Always be a womanizer, always be inventive. I don't plan on changing for awhile anyway. People love me that way, but I really don't care about what they think because I'm Tony Coolidge.

A bit cocky, arn't we?
Quite a mind,
well...

Ravenclaw!

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:20 pm

With a thousand lies
And a good disguise
Hit ‘em right between the eyes

MICHELLE CATLIN

Wearing

|||Unsorted|||Pureblood|||First Year|||

User Image User Image
Michelle nodded her head slowly and stood up. She had known it was coming always had, she had hoped that maybe for Ada's sake it wouldn't. She took a deep breath and nodded her head. She had promised herself that no matter where she was sorted, she would be happy and do what she always did. She turned to the sorting hat. "I know you made the right decision. Thank you." She nodded once again and then walked to the Slytherin table.

User Image

Feeling: Thoughtful and conniving
Who I'm with: Ada
Love interest: No One

When you walk away
Nothing more to say
See the lightning in your eyes
See ‘em running for their lives

Picture perfect, that's what it seems
They've got this whole thing figured out,
We'll leave this place behind, doesn't that feel right?
Picture perfect, it's picture perfect

GRACIE MCHALEN

Wearing

|||Unsorted|||Half blood|||First Year|||

User Image
Gracie gasped in surprise, but a wide smile spread across her face and she hurried over to the Ravenclaw table.

Feeling:
Who I'm with: Jack
Love interest: Jack

The days are fading
Like they're one in the same
Picture perfect doesn't mean much to me
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 182 183 184 185 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games