Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)
Lief_7 :: Wing Guardians Rise! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 58 59 60 61 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Season is Best?
  The OG of course! (1)
  DNAmazing (2)
  Tamers made it feel real! (3)
  Spirits FTW! (4)
  Digi Cops Go! (5)
  Xross can't be beat! (6)
  I love being on the Hunt! (7)
  I can tell the future! (Tri/8 )
View Results

ZarAburame

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:01 pm
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind

Besides the gaming industry, do you know of any other industries that are similar to it?

That depends on what you mean by similar. 90% of fields a that involve interactive graphics are going to have the same jobs. If he really wants to get into the gaming field tell him to look here: http://www.riotgames.com/careers It's a good example of the various things you can do. Sometimes you will be connected directly with the game and other times not.

OH! I've been inside Riot's headquarters before! I don't live too far from the place either biggrin
But isn't Riot becoming top tier now? And the companies you were thinking of joining, where are they located?

Yes but MMO companies tend not to run their programmers into the ground as they don't need to release yearly games and instead just improve upon a game or two. The ones I talked about one is in San Mateo CA and the other is in a city in georgia. I'd rather go to the CA one though or any place in CA

Have you considered about making your own gaming company? I know that is easier to say than do considering all the work that is needed to be implemented in a game.

Nope. That is a business adventure that you pretty much have to make it a second job and live on bare minimum while working long extra hours. A small set up indie studio would be fine but not start my own.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:10 pm
Hope the kind

I guess I'm the sort that misses jokes when they are typed up emotion_facepalm
Eh, thats alright! I don't judge people who have or have not drunken Starbucks ^^
Though, nowadays people seem to be nitpicking what a company does, say and such; the Starbucks cups are one example. I personally don't care if they do have Christmas decorations or not. Its a cup that is going to be thrown away.

Nah, most of the jokes aren't evident or just plain 'ol bad, but yeah it's not that I don't want to, just never took the time to go out of my way to try it. Is it good though? And yes ma'am, you have to literally watch what you say, think about it, then speak (what should be done to begin with, but more-so). Everyone is literally atop one another, be it prejudices or whatever sort of thing would insult someone. People are becoming a little sensitive... Also I keep the cups, it's easier to just rinse it out quickly and pour something else in there. xd  

Cuevas_506

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:15 pm
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

I guess I'm the sort that misses jokes when they are typed up emotion_facepalm
Eh, thats alright! I don't judge people who have or have not drunken Starbucks ^^
Though, nowadays people seem to be nitpicking what a company does, say and such; the Starbucks cups are one example. I personally don't care if they do have Christmas decorations or not. Its a cup that is going to be thrown away.

Nah, most of the jokes aren't evident or just plain 'ol bad, but yeah it's not that I don't want to, just never took the time to go out of my way to try it. Is it good though? And yes ma'am, you have to literally watch what you say, think about it, then speak (what should be done to begin with, but more-so). Everyone is literally atop one another, be it prejudices or whatever sort of thing would insult someone. People are becoming a little sensitive... Also I keep the cups, it's easier to just rinse it out quickly and pour something else in there. xd

Do you compost your wastes as well since you reuse your cups?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:19 pm
Hope the kind

Not to sound ignorant, but can you elaborate a little? If I understood the question correctly, as in the management of our garbage? Because if so we burn our waste in a large stove, which empties out to a bin so we can bury in a designated spot. Recycle is sent to a plant in the Capital, which reuses the recycle, but what they actually do with it is beyond me.  

Cuevas_506

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:26 pm
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

Not to sound ignorant, but can you elaborate a little? If I understood the question correctly, as in the management of our garbage? Because if so we burn our waste in a large stove, which empties out to a bin so we can bury in a designated spot. Recycle is sent to a plant in the Capital, which reuses the recycle, but what they actually do with it is beyond me.

Ah yes, I do apologize about that ^^;
I must say that you manage your garbage quite well. Most folks here in LA will just put their garbage in a bag and throw it out into its designated bin (trash, recyclable, wood). There aren't many people who do what you do as far as taking care of their trash.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:35 pm
Hope the kind

I must say that you manage your garbage quite well. Most folks here in LA will just put their garbage in a bag and throw it out into its designated bin (trash, recyclable, wood). There aren't many people who do what you do as far as taking care of their trash.

Tranquila, if anything it's my fault for not understanding the question for a second there, but we're actually required to do it that way. Well that's a stretch to say it's required, what I mean't to say is that it's traditionally done that way to take care of the environment. It's safe to say CR is very a**l about the environment, and for a good reason. I would assume you are a part of the general population, when it comes to trash or are you very finicky over it?  

Cuevas_506

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:55 pm
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

Tranquila, if anything it's my fault for not understanding the question for a second there, but we're actually required to do it that way. Well that's a stretch to say it's required, what I mean't to say is that it's traditionally done that way to take care of the environment. It's safe to say CR is very a**l about the environment, and for a good reason. I would assume you are a part of the general population, when it comes to trash or are you very finicky over it?

Hmmm I see both sides of the coins, if you will. In LA there doesn't appear to be a 'natural' environment (trees, soil, animals that were originally born in this part of the land have been tampered with). As there is no 'environment' in LA people just do what they want with it. However, people who live farther from the city tend to care for the environment because they are directly affected by it. In the city, you can't tell if you are or are not effected.
When it comes to trash I feel subdued over the topic. It has become so natural to just throw my trash in a bin that it feels 'natural'.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:02 pm
Hope the kind

I see, you bring up valid points, and ah, well I guess it really depends on where you live then, but back tracking to that shelter you work at. Is it mainly dogs that the shelter maintains or is it a variety of animals?  

Cuevas_506

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:04 pm
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

I see, you bring up valid points, and ah, well I guess it really depends on where you live then, but back tracking to that shelter you work at. Is it mainly dogs that the shelter maintains or is it a variety of animals?

At the shelter we have puppies, kittens, dogs, and cats. We don't handle the smaller creatures where I volunteer at. Though, I have seen shelters that take care of other mammals like rabbits and hamsters.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:12 pm
Hope the kind

At the shelter we have puppies, kittens, dogs, and cats. We don't handle the smaller creatures where I volunteer at. Though, I have seen shelters that take care of other mammals like rabbits and hamsters.

I see, I actually have a strong endearment for kittens, I don't know why, but they're just stupid-cute. Though that's interesting that certain shelters house rabbits and hamsters, never really seen rabbits as pets, but I've also never had one as a kid.  

Cuevas_506

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:23 pm
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

I see, I actually have a strong endearment for kittens, I don't know why, but they're just stupid-cute. Though that's interesting that certain shelters house rabbits and hamsters, never really seen rabbits as pets, but I've also never had one as a kid.

There are a few shelters that harbor small mammals but I'm unsure how often such animals are given to shelters in comparison to dogs and cats.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:47 pm
What happened to all the talking??? I thought this was the chatting profile hahah  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Draconem

Hallowed Prophet

4,675 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:15 pm
lief_7
What happened to all the talking??? I thought this was the chatting profile hahah

It is, or is it? It's a secret. Can't tell.

So, Lief, everyone, what's up?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:21 pm
Draconem
lief_7

Not a lot, I'm getting ready for this weekend, first time I'll have the kid by myself while she's out of town! Kinda scary but I'll be fine.

Other than that just chilling  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Draconem

Hallowed Prophet

4,675 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:22 pm
lief_7
Draconem
lief_7

Not a lot, I'm getting ready for this weekend, first time I'll have the kid by myself while she's out of town! Kinda scary but I'll be fine.

Other than that just chilling

Perfect Parenting style? Put Netflix on Digimon Season 1, put the kid in front of it, press play. Winning.  
DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 58 59 60 61 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff